Sponsored

New cold air kit from PMAS No tune required.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I've been holding off purchasing a CAI, and thus also a tune. Not because I don't want either, but the ones I've seen so far don't inspire me. Not to say they're not decent kit, just not inspired.

I have to say, this one seems to have my name on it.

Although, I'm very curious how the dyno numbers will look with a tune. Is that in the pipeline?
Sponsored

OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
I've been holding off purchasing a CAI, and thus also a tune. Not because I don't want either, but the ones I've seen so far don't inspire me. Not to say they're not decent kit, just not inspired.

I have to say, this one seems to have my name on it.

Although, I'm very curious how the dyno numbers will look with a tune. Is that in the pipeline?
We are just waiting on filters to ship..

I don't think we will ever offer a tune. No real reason to. There are quite a few really good tuners out there.

cognizantphotos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

I don't think we will ever offer a tune. No real reason to. There are quite a few really good tuners out there.
I think he meant dyno the car with the CAI, and a tune. Not necessarily a custom tune you guys created.

Sponsored

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Kits are boxed ready to ship. I was promised filters on Thursday so I am hoping to ship the same day.
Awesome soon as those filters arrive you can have my monies. Ordered some gold DEI reflect tape to go with it.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Awesome soon as those filters arrive you can have my monies. Ordered some gold DEI reflect tape to go with it.
Ditto. Once everything is in place and ready to go, i'll place an order.

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0

On the tune question. If one were to request a tune...would it need to be custom since this intake is unlike any other on the market?

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
On the tune question. If one were to request a tune...would it need to be custom since this intake is unlike any other on the market?
I asked this earlier in this thread or the other one. PMAS said the tune did not have to take into account this intakes MAF settings. So the tuner would just consider a stock intake.

PMAS please chime in to confirm

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked this earlier in this thread or the other one. PMAS said the tune did not have to take into account this intakes MAF settings. So the tuner would just consider a stock intake.

PMAS please chime in to confirm
This is correct. The tuner will just account for a stock intake vs an aftermarket like on the other systems. Should still see a gain of about 15whp i would imagine. On top of the already claimed 20whp from this kit alone. Just my thoughts, anyway.

Sponsored

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
This is correct. The tuner will just account for a stock intake vs an aftermarket like on the other systems. Should still see a gain of about 15whp i would imagine. On top of the already claimed 20whp from this kit alone. Just my thoughts, anyway.
Very interesting. It sounds like this power is made by purely flow.

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very interesting. It sounds like this power is made by purely flow.
That is basically it, man. At least, from what i gather based on the info PMAS gave out in this thread.

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
That is basically it, man. At least, from what i gather based on the info PMAS gave out in this thread.
When I think power I think afr and timing. What's interesting is they aren't really filling the chamber with more air per say but making it easier to get that air.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
But I actually want to see this happen. I can't wrap my head around why an off-the-shelf stock tune would be the optimal tune considering the extra volume that should be available to use.

It would be nice if they would partner with one (or more) of the pro tuners to have one specifically built for this CAI.

With the other CAIs it's hard to separate out the tune and the CAI since it requires a tune to deal with the MAF. So are the gains from adjusting to the MAF for the CAI or from the actual tune.

Like Free Agent, I want to see it. Is there an extra 20 rwhp to be gained on just the tune after the CAI/MAF boost from the added flow? I suspect the gain will be more modest.

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT base with 3.55's
When are we going to see some results (dyno info, datalogs etc) of what the CAI is doing. Interesting deviation from the "norm" of the usual run of CAI's on the market, so would like to see some actual data before considering a purchase.
Sponsored