Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Earl, I SO get where you're coming from. When you stop working for a living, one can fall into some pretty serious daily habits. <smile> I wouldn't wish all that work on anyone, least of all you, Earl, but I think some of us know you pretty well. <warm smile>

Rock on, my friend, whatever the course.
Sponsored

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
I know @Snoopy49 is going to tell me it's OK... and I believe him... and the Ford Performance guys have told me it's going to be OK... and I believe them... but for continuity of the thread and to not be one of those people on the interwebs that posts something and never comes back to the post to finish it out...

I still don't have a build "day" for the Week of March 29th... and subsequently no ETA for delivery.

But that's OK - I'm fairly certain in looking at the calendar... this is how it will go down given who I am and my general history in life... I will NOT get a day... the week of March 29th will come and my car will be built - without being assigned a date visible to me - on April 1st. Because... fate.

I will keep updating this thread :)

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
@fishpick, You may not get a day until just before your cars VIN is sent to the plant for production or you may get one tomorrow. There is no hard and fast rule as to when it happens.

The only way you will get a semi accurate ETA is when your car has been shipped out and you are able to see movement. You will never get an accurate ETA from Ford.

This is the scheduling on my 2020. The car was produced on 02/28/2020.

Build week: 02/24/2020
Build day: 02/26/2020
Build day: 02/24/2020
Build day: 02/25/2020
Build day: 02/26/2020
Build day: 02/27/2020

Last edited:

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
I know @Snoopy49 is going to tell me it's OK... and I believe him... and the Ford Performance guys have told me it's going to be OK... and I believe them... but for continuity of the thread and to not be one of those people on the interwebs that posts something and never comes back to the post to finish it out...

I still don't have a build "day" for the Week of March 29th... and subsequently no ETA for delivery.

But that's OK - I'm fairly certain in looking at the calendar... this is how it will go down given who I am and my general history in life... I will NOT get a day... the week of March 29th will come and my car will be built - without being assigned a date visible to me - on April 1st. Because... fate.

I will keep updating this thread :)
Yeah don't stress it. You will get a date soon enough! I quit looking at it bc it changes constantly. My ETA has bounced around and been pushed back a week so far! Not looking at it again until the dealer calls and says , IT'S HERE! Otherwise going to drive myself crazy!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Not looking at it again until the dealer calls and says , IT'S HERE! Otherwise going to drive myself crazy!
Sure ....you...won’t ... :cwl:

Been there, done that, so I know how that goes. :like:

Last edited:

Sponsored

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Sure ....you...will... :cwl:

Been there, done that, so I know how that goes. :like:
Well I'm telling myself that! Lmao! Atleast for a few weeks!

But it's def frustrating bc I want to schedule the PPF, ceramic, etc since it's a 6-8 week wait list. However, with the ever changing ETA, Its making it difficult.

Can't imagine what all the 2020 guys went thru with all the Covid set backs!

Ophidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, Tech & Handling, Twister Orange!
But it's def frustrating bc I want to schedule the PPF, ceramic, etc since it's a 6-8 week wait list. However, with the ever changing ETA, Its making it difficult.

Can't imagine what all the 2020 guys went thru with all the Covid set backs!
Wow, I didn’t realize there may be a wait for PPF/ceramic. I better check in with the shops around me.

I’m trying to time the sale of my 94 Cobra before my car arrives. I have a build week of 4/5, but nothing further yet. I’m not too hopeful of getting much of a heads-up and I’m past due getting my car listed I reckon. Let’s see.....

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Monday morning build "DAY" date update...

no update

:turkey:
If you want to feel a bit better, go back about a year ago to the production thread, theres about 100 of us in here who had to wait through over 2 months of shutdown with ZERO update on anything. Some weren't even certain their car was getting built at all. You're in the home stretch

Sponsored

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
If you want to feel a bit better, go back about a year ago to the production thread, theres about 100 of us in here who had to wait through over 2 months of shutdown with ZERO update on anything. Some weren't even certain their car was getting built at all. You're in the home stretch
@Cgouzoulis - I totally get it - like I said in a previous post - it's just sorta become a running joke around here. At this point I'm almost gonna be pissed if it's not an April 1 build date decided on March 30th... :crazy:

Of note tho - I did trade the C7 LAST FALL on this... so... as the days get warmer around here and the salt washes off the roads... "the bug" to go fast is growing :surprised:... esp as I am in prime season of emails from all the HPDE track events locally and I don't dare sign up for anything because - an 11 year old Toyota Tundra that was a NASCAR pace truck just isn't the same thing...

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
@Cgouzoulis - I totally get it - like I said in a previous post - it's just sorta become a running joke around here. At this point I'm almost gonna be pissed if it's not an April 1 build date decided on March 30th... :crazy:

Of note tho - I did trade the C7 LAST FALL on this... so... as the days get warmer around here and the salt washes off the roads... "the bug" to go fast is growing :surprised:... esp as I am in prime season of emails from all the HPDE track events locally and I don't dare sign up for anything because - an 11 year old Toyota Tundra that was a NASCAR pace truck just isn't the same thing...
I get ya. You're taking it well it seems. I was in the exact same boat as you (traded car in, missing good driving days, wait seemed like forever, ECT) I guess what Im saying is I'm/we are here to tell you it will be well worth the wait and over and a distant memory before you know it.
Side note, as it turns out my original delivery estimated day backed up 2 months to??? My birthday. Maybe you'll get your April fools car after all.....

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
My order is supposed to roll off the assembly line today. 😎