New 2021 GT500 Orders

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
Mine just arrived. Picking it up later today!

A17E5516-6327-43BE-B6F7-312F907AB003.jpeg
Sponsored

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2007 Tacoma, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200
Had mine for right at a week now. Got her all cleaned up and waxed. Meguiars #7 Glaze, followed by Meguiars #26 Hi Tech Yellow wax. Will follow with Meguiars #27 Ceramic sealant, when it comes in.
For everyone receiving their cars in next few days. A word of caution. I looked mine over pretty well but when got home and started cleaning her up, I noticed the right front tire had been scuffed. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the rim had been scratched. Had to have been done by the transport carrier. Dealer is working with them on a claim to get me a new rim.

Garage waxed 4-16-21.jpg

Right rim .jpg

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Had mine for right at a week now. Got her all cleaned up and waxed. Meguiars #7 Glaze, followed by Meguiars #26 Hi Tech Yellow wax. Will follow with Meguiars #27 Ceramic sealant, when it comes in.
For everyone receiving their cars in next few days. A word of caution. I looked mine over pretty well but when got home and started cleaning her up, I noticed the right front tire had been scuffed. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the rim had been scratched. Had to have been done by the transport carrier. Dealer is working with them on a claim to get me a new rim.

Garage waxed 4-16-21.jpg

Right rim .jpg
This is exactly why I want to be at my dealership when mine gets delivered.
Was hoping today but no luck. Hopefully early next week!

Sucks about the wheel but hopefully you get a replacement without any hassle!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
This is exactly why I want to be at my dealership when mine gets delivered.
Was hoping today but no luck. Hopefully early next week!

Sucks about the wheel but hopefully you get a replacement without any hassle!
Just make sure you photograph everything. On my 2013 I noticed that the sidewall on the right front tire had damage and I could not figure out how it happened. I started going through my delivery pictures and they showed the damage happened before I took delivery. Even though I found the damage 4 months later, the dealership covered the cost of a new tire because of the pictures.

On my 2020 I was able to document the incorrect routing of the drivers side heater hose and was able to have it repaired during the pre-delivery inspection.

Sponsored

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
Just make sure you photograph everything. On my 2013 I noticed that the sidewall on the right front tire had damage and I could not figure out how it happened. I started going through my delivery pictures and they showed the damage happened before I took delivery. Even though I found the damage 4 months later, the dealership covered the cost of a new tire because of the pictures.

On my 2020 I was able to document the incorrect routing of the drivers side heater hose and was able to have it repaired during the pre-delivery inspection.
This is some great advise!

While I’m doing paperwork and paying my wife will be photographing everything she can from every angle imaginable.

Simple but never would have thought of it!

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Loc dealers are quoting a minimum of 4 months from the time I place I my order until delivery. Betting it will be more, so gonna snag one of the 2020 units on one of the lots...it has the exact options I want...excited to joint the GT500 community. See you out there :)

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
Mine took 3 months and a week to get here.

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys, question. So, mine is the first GT500 I have seen in person. Was looking her over more closely this morning and noticed that the rear wheel wells are covered with some "fuzzy" carpet like material. It really looks nice, but am thinking that is going to be hard to keep clean, especially if you smoked the tires and got burnt rubber up in there. I am "assuming" that it is the way it should be. But, would have thought it would have been similar material (hard plastic) that is in the front wheel wells. So, is this the way it should be, or did Ford leave out another "lining" on the rear.

rear wheel well.jpg

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
That's the way all 2015 and up mustangs come. If it were plastic like the front it would sound like a sand storm in the cabin from sand being pelted all day up against it. No issues cleaning it actually.

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FishPick, GREAT NEWS; Happy for you Man. Finally!!!
Send pics when you get her home.