Sponsored

New 2021 GT500 Orders

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Had mine for right at a week now. Got her all cleaned up and waxed. Meguiars #7 Glaze, followed by Meguiars #26 Hi Tech Yellow wax. Will follow with Meguiars #27 Ceramic sealant, when it comes in.
For everyone receiving their cars in next few days. A word of caution. I looked mine over pretty well but when got home and started cleaning her up, I noticed the right front tire had been scuffed. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the rim had been scratched. Had to have been done by the transport carrier. Dealer is working with them on a claim to get me a new rim.
That sucks. My 2012 GT500 arrived with a dent in the lower part of the drivers door. It was obvious that someone opened the door on a pole. The dealership paid for a PDR guy to fix the dent and also had the side stripe on that door replaced. Once repaired, you could not tell that it had ever been dented.

In your case, the scratch on the wheel seems to be very light. You could probably get a wheel repair guy to sand, buff and paint the affected area. You'll never know it was there. Best of luck to you.
Sponsored

Ophidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, Tech & Handling, Twister Orange!
Ford tracking at its best...

Dealer called - taking delivery this afternoon!!!
(And it’s gonna snow tomorrow!)
WooHooo and Congrats Fishpick! Super excited for you.

Our cars are just a couple of days apart coming out of the factory. What was your delivery ETA to your dealer? I’m currently at 21 days and hoping I’ll be sooner.

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
WooHooo and Congrats Fishpick! Super excited for you.

Our cars are just a couple of days apart coming out of the factory. What was your delivery ETA to your dealer? I’m currently at 21 days and hoping I’ll be sooner.
Estimated Dealer Delivery 4/27/2021

German tracking site now shows it "Delivered" but no transport or delivery dates - Ford US tracking site shows it still in Flat Rock...

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
I'm patiently waiting for mine. It shipped last Friday! Just been staring at my phone hoping the dealerships number magically appears! Congrats Fishpick!

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Estimated Dealer Delivery 4/27/2021

German tracking site now shows it "Delivered" but no transport or delivery dates - Ford US tracking site shows it still in Flat Rock...

I would go with the German tracking website.

I was notified by the trucking company when my 2020 was delivered and I jumped in my car and drove 33 miles to the dealer and went directly to the service department to check it out and take pictures. After 45 minutes of picture taking and talking to the service people, I went into the salesroom and went up to the sale manager and told him I wanted to pay for the car and get all the paperwork done. He told me that he didn't know when the car would arrive and it may be another week. I told him that the car was in the service depart waiting to get the PDI. He almost called me a liar until I convinced him to take a walk and check it out for himself. I paid for car and because it was raining, I picked it up the next day.

Moral of the sorry, not everyone in the dealership knows when a car arrives, not even the people you would expect to know..

Last edited:

Sponsored

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Delivery took about 4 hours... my rep had 4 cars this afternoon alone...
but the attached all the bits and cleaned the interior... at the advice of my PPF guy I told them to NOT wash the outside... but instead a freaking amazing buddy of mine shows up at the delivery and detailed the entire exterior (and he knows how to not scratch the clear)... so here she is just before leaving
77EB17DD-6F66-4036-ABA7-E49C34B7CA9E.jpeg

we have snow in the forecast for the next few days - but I will do a post in a new thread if first impressions from the 40 minute drive home.
short version - I’m not gonna miss that C7 Z06 anywhere near like I thought I would... the DCT alone makes this car a must have...
LOVE it!

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2007 Tacoma, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200
She looks really sweet with those black stripes.
Congrats man

navbtcret

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT 500
Delivery took about 4 hours... my rep had 4 cars this afternoon alone...
but the attached all the bits and cleaned the interior... at the advice of my PPF guy I told them to NOT wash the outside... but instead a freaking amazing buddy of mine shows up at the delivery and detailed the entire exterior (and he knows how to not scratch the clear)... so here she is just before leaving
77EB17DD-6F66-4036-ABA7-E49C34B7CA9E.jpeg

we have snow in the forecast for the next few days - but I will do a post in a new thread if first impressions from the 40 minute drive home.
short version - I’m not gonna miss that C7 Z06 anywhere near like I thought I would... the DCT alone makes this car a must have...
LOVE it!
Nice ride. What part of NY do you live? I am in Warren, Pa which is about 20 miles or so south of Jamestown, NY and we are suppose to get snow tomorrow as well. That'll probably be the day my car shows up.

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice ride. What part of NY do you live? I am in Warren, Pa which is about 20 miles or so south of Jamestown, NY and we are suppose to get snow tomorrow as well. That'll probably be the day my car shows up.
I’m kinda between Rochester and Syracuse. I would assume with the COV closing the Canada border my car had to pass by you to get here!

Snowing to beat the band here today. Which means salt. Which means I have the car but can’t do anything with it but install the radar detector and rockblockers...

Dunno if you saw but here’s a more detailed “initial impression” of the car than my post the night I got it home above -Reading material for the shitter

Sponsored

navbtcret

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT 500
I’m kinda between Rochester and Syracuse. I would assume with the COV closing the Canada border my car had to pass by you to get here!

Snowing to beat the band here today. Which means salt. Which means I have the car but can’t do anything with it but install the radar detector and rockblockers...

Dunno if you saw but here’s a more detailed “initial impression” of the car than my post the night I got it home above -Reading material for the shitter
I have driven one fairly hard already, I had the chance to get a 2020 at 5k over but passed on the mark up but my friend bought it when I told him about it. He has let me drive it a couple of times, he drove my 350 and I drove his so I am well aware of the capabilities and manners. That is the reason I sold the 350 last summer so I had room in the garage for the 500. I would've liked to kept the 350 but I only have room for one performance car in my garage and have no room to build the garage bigger.

I was wondering if you were closer to Buffalo so we could maybe get together later this year for a cruise or maybe a trip to the track, either strip or road course, I like both of them. I am still patiently waiting on the arrival of mine. If is shows up today it will stay at the dealership until tomorrow or Friday because of the snow we are getting today.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Well talking about a buzz kill.... my car showed delivered in the system yesterday afternoon but it isn't at dealer as of this morning. Owner is assuming he showed up after hours and didn't want to leave car. Hopefully shows up today! However it's snowing and rain mix with a high of 39. So won't be taking her home today regardless!
Can someone please turn the snow off and crank up the heat a little!?

Evolution Performance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evoperform.com
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Well talking about a buzz kill.... my car showed delivered in the system yesterday afternoon but it isn't at dealer as of this morning. Owner is assuming he showed up after hours and didn't want to leave car. Hopefully shows up today! However it's snowing and rain mix with a high of 39. So won't be taking her home today regardless!
Where are you located at?

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@P4mnceblue82 - dude - it's awesome that it's circling the dealership tho!!! it's within reach!

And - i can not tell you how many people have texted me that the salt trucks are out and dumping more than normal, probally to use up their salt budget for the year... so - having it home - now it's gonna stay parked for a while. She's no garage queen - but I also don't want to sand blast her with salt!

I was wondering if you were closer to Buffalo so we could maybe get together later this year for a cruise or maybe a trip to the track, either strip or road course, I like both of them. I am still patiently waiting on the arrival of mine. If is shows up today it will stay at the dealership until tomorrow or Friday because of the snow we are getting today.
@navbtcret Buffalo is about an hour thirty away - very much within reach.
Sponsored