Sponsored

"New" 2019 Brochure Shelby GT350

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
What I found interesting is the brochure statement "Available Carbon Fiber Wheels" listed for the GT350. If I'm reading that right, it seems to imply the normal MY19 GT350 has a carbon fiber wheel option. If so, combined with the Cup2s and new suspension tuning, the gap to the R is reduced even further.

I'm also wondering why they moved the "GT350" and "R" seat logos from the headrest to the seat back. Seems like a needless change, other than being quick way to tell its a MY19 car, especially in the R's case.
Sponsored

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
Is performance blue a $$$ option? If it is Iā€™m willing to bet itā€™s liquid blue, just changed.

But youā€™re right the original cars were liquid.
Oooh! I never thought it could possibly be an extra $$$. Thatā€™s a good point. Part of me kinda wishes I had held off pickin up a ā€˜18. I kinda like this performance blue shade

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
What I found interesting is the brochure statement "Available Carbon Fiber Wheels" listed for the GT350. If I'm reading that right, it seems to imply the normal MY19 GT350 has a carbon fiber wheel option. If so, combined with the Cup2s and new suspension tuning, the gap to the R is reduced even further.

I'm also wondering why they moved the "GT350" and "R" seat logos from the headrest to the seat back. Seems like a needless change, other than being quick way to tell its a MY19 car, especially in the R's case.
Yep, that's the first thing that bugged me.

What's next? Available "Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler".

Take out the rear seat, and add a front end diffuser and we have a Shelby "R". :shock:

Not sure why Ford is narrowing the Gap on these 2 models, almost unnoticeable at this point.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Oooh! I never thought it could possibly be an extra $$$. Thatā€™s a good point. Part of me kinda wishes I had held off pickin up a ā€˜18. I kinda like this performance blue shade
I think performance blue and liquid blue are pretty close. There was an issue with cost for liquid so it will not be offered and apparently itā€™s difficult to match.

pbrmeasap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R & 2016 Charger SRT392
Was there an issue with "crossed drilled rotors"?

Personally, I've always liked them.
Cross drilled rotors tend to develop cracks when used extensively on track. This is due to the temperature variance along the surface of the rotor that is due to the holes. Was bummed that my '18 R included the drilled rotors, which I will no doubt be replacing at some point in the future, most likely with slotted (which should have been OEM)

Sponsored

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
Wow. Even cheap cars?

When did this start?

Must be 2019 because the 2018 GT350R didn't have it.
It did and it did not, depending on when the car was built. Cars built before April 2018 do not have the backup camera.

Cars built during and after April 2018 do, and thus have the R Electronics package standard. This has the side-effect of making non-Electronic package Rs slightly more collectible, as they cannot be obtained in that form any more.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
It did and it did not, depending on when the car was built. Cars built before April 2018 do not have the backup camera.
Uuummm, so you're stating 350's built before Apr '18 do not have backup cameras? I assure you, that's incorrect (if that's what you're stating).

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Cars built during and after April 2018 do, and thus have the R Electronics package standard. This has the side-effect of making non-Electronic package Rs slightly more collectible, as they cannot be obtained in that form any more.
All 920A R models were equipped with back up cameras if they were ordered with the optional Electronic Package.

Of course all 920A Base R models did not come equipped with backup cameras, radios, AC, etc. but as you mentioned as of May 1st, 2018 all R models were mandated to be equipped with the Electronic Package as standard equipment based on Ford's requirement to have all of their vehicles coming standard with backup cameras as of the May 1st deadline therefore mandating the Electronic Package.

Based on the above criteria very few Base R models were built for the 2018MY.

:sunglasses:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Cross drilled rotors tend to develop cracks when used extensively on track. This is due to the temperature variance along the surface of the rotor that is due to the holes. Was bummed that my '18 R included the drilled rotors, which I will no doubt be replacing at some point in the future, most likely with slotted (which should have been OEM)
Psstā€¦ : cryo dip your rotors...

Sponsored

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Found these on instagram today. Iā€™m liking this spoiler compared to the previous.
B7133C27-4CF4-4C91-8C6A-50D0A568067F.jpeg
BFC7FC9A-A9C2-46AA-8E4D-385B0E632BDB.jpeg
Anyone else notice that the decklid panel is the 18+ style with the horizontal lines through it? Not a fan. Wonder if that will be standard on all 19 gt350s.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Yes the performance gap between R and non-R in narrowed, but so is the price
It'll be interesting to see how much it changes. Seems like a lot is standard now which used to be optional, starting will be around $60-62k I'm betting.

Doubtful the GT350 will have the ADM that the R will have though, so real world pricing will still be quite different.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I need to see that wing in person from all angles before formulating an opinion.
Sponsored