Sponsored

Need some input on some cheap n' cheerful solutions.

OP
OP

Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hey boys. I wanted to follow up on this thread because I've now tried two of the three things that I mentioned earlier. Getting right to it:

Pedal Commander I installed this the day after Christmas. I know some of you aren't a fan of it but to me, this thing truly makes a difference! The severe input lag that plagues damn near every modern Ford that I've driven has been completely removed with this lil' device. The car feels smoother AND far more responsive. You press - it goes. No matter the speed or gear. Very cool.

Ford Power Pack 2 I got this installed two days ago by a Ford dealership. Well, kinda. I had to help the mechanic with getting the tune onto the car. Anyhoo, all in all, the power pack 2 makes for some nice gains. The bump in low-end torque is particularly welcome, although I admit it's not quite the transformative experience that I was hoping for. Still, I look forward to spending more time with the car once it warms up a little.

Really, the only bad news is that after getting the Power Pack 2 installed, my Pedal Commander no longer works in the sense that the dreaded lag has returned. Hopefully I can find a way to remedy this.

If I can get everything dialed in, then I'd say this car will come very close to what I experienced with the 18' Mustang (A10). More importantly, it will fall very close to what I expected the car to drive like en' stock form. Now all I've gotta do is get the vehicle paid off! Once that's done, then it'll be time to bring on the suspension mods! I'm thinkin' JRZ coilovers with a full BMR upgrade. Mmmmm..

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=27516]Zero[/MENTION] only thing I could say is, have you set the Pedal Commander again after getting the PP2 installed? Could have been disconnected or just for some reason it moved to the lowest setting.

Definitely agree that it is a nice little mod too, I've got the PedalMax (same thing basically) in my car and it made a difference to me.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I personally wouldn't bother with ford stage 2. Get a aftermarket tune I'd suggest Lund but I haven't used the others (have used to ford stage 2 and tune though which is quite meh)

OP
OP

Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Nagare - Yup. All I can do at this point is play around with the 36 configurations. Suffice to say, I have some work to do!

Codemanstang - An aftermarket tune woulda been my first choice. Unfortunately, going that route would compromise the 5-year Premium ESP that Ford gave me. Bumper to bumper protection that covers nearly every part within the car, to include most wear and tear items, is a tough thing to sacrifice. :D

Sponsored

SoFloEco

5 Liters of Love!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime HPP Ecoboost Mustang
Zero, I feel you about the extended warranty and all, but the Lund tune I loaded into my '17 GT the other day puts a grin on my face every time I 'goose' the throttle. Loads of torque coming in much earlier in the rev range is a blast. I changed lanes today and gave it about half-throttle at about 25 mph in 2nd gear and spun the rear tires nasty. My car didn't ever do that before. As a risk/reward calculation, I believe a reputable tune by an established tuner like Lund Tuning is not going to damage my engine. Having said all that, I understand your reluctance, though.

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
@Zero only thing I could say is, have you set the Pedal Commander again after getting the PP2 installed? Could have been disconnected or just for some reason it moved to the lowest setting.

Definitely agree that it is a nice little mod too, I've got the PedalMax (same thing basically) in my car and it made a difference to me.
Still using my PedalMax, despite Lund's objection and the mods listed ;)

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
PP2 will make the biggest difference.

I bought mine online and had a performance shop install it for $200. Wakes up the car nicely. Now, is it life-changing experience? No...but it's noticeable.
Sponsored