Need new tires

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium, oxford white, performance package level 1, 401a
Alright so I need new tires all around my 2019 performance pack and I’m going with Michelin pilot sport 4s which is what I had before but, I wanna figure out what’s the best setup I should do and what the drawbacks would be. Here’s what iv been thinking

1. Square it off, 275/40zr19 all the way around
2. Get the same the car came with 275/40zr19 in the back and 255/40zr19in the front
3. Go bigger in the back like 285 or 295 and 275 in the front or 255 in the front the only thing with this is idk how the stock rims would do with bigger tires on the back and if they would look weird or act weird and if I would achieve anything by doing this.

i love the stock rims and I don’t wanna change them out but the only reason I would is for bigger tires and if I could do that on stock rims I would rather but this tire change I don’t think I’ll be changing the rims no matter what so if my only option would be to get wider rims then that will be for next year
thanks for your input :)
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
You could go 265/35 front and 285/35 rear with the stock rims. This would also lower your car about 3/8" front and rear due to the shorter sidewall.

OP
OP
Scott.lester1

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
You could go 265/35 front and 285/35 rear with the stock rims. This would also lower your car about 3/8" front and rear due to the shorter sidewall.
I rlly like that idea would there be any issues like wheel speed sensors getting messed up but that would prolly look good bc I plan on getting coilovers too in the next few months as well

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I rlly like that idea would there be any issues like wheel speed sensors getting messed up but that would prolly look good bc I plan on getting coilovers too in the next few months as well
Hard to imagine you'd have any issues with wheel speed sensors but can't say for sure since my car is an 18.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Whatever you do out back, please put the 275 up front. These cars desperately need front grip to turn.

also, I’ve done horrible things to my speed sensors and the abs never complained including running taller front tires.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scott.lester1

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Whatever you do out back, please put the 275 up front. These cars desperately need front grip to turn.

also, I’ve done horrible things to my speed sensors and the abs never complained including running taller front tires.
Ok hahaha so you think 275/35zr19 in the front and 285/35zr19 rear and there shouldn’t be any issues with my speedometer being off and abs saying screw you

OP
OP
Scott.lester1

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Hard to imagine you'd have any issues with wheel speed sensors but can't say for sure since my car is an 18.
Ok yeah 2019 and 2018 are the exact same car except for the audio option upgrade and some other super small thing that doesn’t rlly matter lmao but is that what ur running with pp1 rims?

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Ok hahaha so you think 275/35zr19 in the front and 285/35zr19 rear and there shouldn’t be any issues with my speedometer being off and abs saying screw you
sounds like a good plan. Make it so.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ok yeah 2019 and 2018 are the exact same car except for the audio option upgrade and some other super small thing that doesn’t rlly matter lmao but is that what ur running with pp1 rims?
There are a lot of weird things that are different with 2019+ cars. For example I changed to 4.09 rear gears and had no problems but a lot of 2019 and 2020 guys that do it get all kinds of error lights on the dash and weird drivability. Also some 2018's had the wiring installed at the factory for active exhausts, even if you didn't get the AE option, but 2019+ did not.

I don't have my PP1 rims any more but that's the size combination I'd go with. While I agree that these cars tend to understeer, I don't think increasing the fronts from 265 to 275 will cure it. That would drop the car more in the back than the front and suspension gurus would advise against that.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Shelby usually has cheap takeoff performance package wheels which are brand new and come with ps4s and all the sensors. This is a good option because you can get them for 950, a tire alone I think is 325 plus mounting balancing etc. so it’s a good deal plus you can sell your old rims. You can either just put those on in 255/275 like you have or I would buy two tires for your rear rims (wider or same size) and then put the new takeoff rears on the front with a spacer and run 275 square. Then you can sell the square 255 performance package wheels which I’ve seen sold between 1000-1500.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Scott.lester1

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Shelby usually has cheap takeoff performance package wheels which are brand new and come with ps4s and all the sensors. This is a good option because you can get them for 950, a tire alone I think is 325 plus mounting balancing etc. so it’s a good deal plus you can sell your old rims. You can either just put those on in 255/275 like you have or I would buy two tires for your rear rims (wider or same size) and then put the new takeoff rears on the front with a spacer and run 275 square. Then you can sell the square 255 performance package wheels which I’ve seen sold between 1000-1500.
Where can you get this?

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where can you get this?
https://ebay.com/usr/shelbyauctions

Here’s shelbys page. They don’t have any right now I think they usually list them towards the weekend. I picked up a set for 950 + shipping and they got here last week, they’re brand new no scratches on the rims or anything tire tread was new too. They’re listed as less than 100 miles on them. Only thing I could see was that the tire manufacture date was 1819 which means a year and a half old but I don’t mind that.

OP
OP
Scott.lester1

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
https://ebay.com/usr/shelbyauctions

Here’s shelbys page. They don’t have any right now I think they usually list them towards the weekend. I picked up a set for 950 + shipping and they got here last week, they’re brand new no scratches on the rims or anything tire tread was new too. They’re listed as less than 100 miles on them. Only thing I could see was that the tire manufacture date was 1819 which means a year and a half old but I don’t mind that.
Awesome so u think they’re gonna be up this weekend cuz I need them asap my fronts are gone

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome so u think they’re gonna be up this weekend cuz I need them asap my fronts are gone
Hard to say. The absolute longest they’ve gone without posting a set is about a week based on previous sales. The last set was sold 2.5 days ago so I would say in the next day or two there should be a set up for sale. I will say that sometimes you can miss out on them because they are both auction and buy it now format so sometimes someone really wants them and uses the buy it now button and you’ll never see them but if you bid on it first the buy it now option gets disabled so nobody can take them from you. Also sometimes they post 3-4 sets at a time. Typically the first sets go a lot cheaper than the last one.
Sponsored