Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I used a dark tint strip, about 10-12" at the top of my windshield which cuts
the sun rays
This is mainly for heat rejection. That little strip at the top of a big piece of glass ain't gonna do nothin' for all that heat. After you tint your windshield, you can hold your hand up to the glass and feel the difference. It's quite a good feeling.

But the dark strip at the top for your eyes plus the windshield for heat sounds marvelous.
Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
What’s the main differences between Formula and Huper?
Huper will have a slight bit more heat rejection, but also a very slight mirrored or metallic look to it. F1 will be more of a typical black/charcoal color. Both are extremely nice films IMO.

If I had it to do all over again, I might go 3M, but I really wanted darker than the 40%VLT they offered. Still haven't had the windshield done, might try some of their line there.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I went with Formula One Stratos, their new stuff. Highest heat rejection available but also very expensive. It's a very thick film. The shop I went to even nailed it on the back window with the defroster lines. Looks great.

OP
OP
brock2621

brock2621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
I went with Formula One Stratos, their new stuff. Highest heat rejection available but also very expensive. It's a very thick film. The shop I went to even nailed it on the back window with the defroster lines. Looks great.
I think imma look into this stuff. It's not metallic or reflective correct? It looks like a normal dark black tint?

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
I'd also like to know. I've heard some ceramics can be blueish but want a darker tint. Any opinions on 3M, Llumar and the above mentioned Formular One?

Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I went with 3M Crystalline. 35% tint NC regulation. Paid $600 total.
People will say I got ripped off, but I think it's worth the money.
Great work by a well known shop in this area. Came with warranty on labor and parts.
Works great on my black car with black interior.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I'd also like to know. I've heard some ceramics can be blueish but want a darker tint. Any opinions on 3M, Llumar and the above mentioned Formular One?
3M films are definitely on the blue side, but F1 and Llumar on both of my vehicles have a slight green hue to them. Used Global films before also, which have a very slight brown hue that tends to match OEM tinted glass much better.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Anyone with the 3M wear polarized sunglasses? I've heard the 3M gives off a rainbow affect. That and the price are the only reasons I haven't gotten it yet.

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone with the 3M wear polarized sunglasses? I've heard the 3M gives off a rainbow affect. That and the price are the only reasons I haven't gotten it yet.

No, but it is good investment

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
from the few people i spoke to they say either Llumar Ceramic or Formula Pinnacle. I think I will go Llumar. Just don't know the %. 20 or 35?

Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
from the few people i spoke to they say either Llumar Ceramic or Formula Pinnacle. I think I will go Llumar. Just don't know the %. 20 or 35?
FWIW, Formula 1 is Llumar's high end line, and they only allow certain shops to install it. Anyone can install Llumar. IMO, If that's what you are split between, the proven excellent installers are the ones that can obtain the F1 line, worth the extra few bucks to me.

TheBMWguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTpp, '98 328is, '90 240sx, '99 SL500
I wear polarized and no problems with my 3M. I guess I got a better deal than I though after reading this. It was a referral from one of my customers who has an Avalanche GT350 and he only charged my $140 for 5% on all 5 windows.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I wear polarized and no problems with my 3M. I guess I got a better deal than I though after reading this. It was a referral from one of my customers who has an Avalanche GT350 and he only charged my $140 for 5% on all 5 windows.
Wow. I'd have to wonder if that was really 3M. I don't think that would even cover the wholesale cost of the tint for the installer.

TheBMWguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTpp, '98 328is, '90 240sx, '99 SL500
I suppose it's always possible as I didn't actually see the product. I took my customers recommendation based on the fact that she has had 6 cars tinted by him over the past 10 years and never had a bubble or a peel on any of them, including a Corolla she has had for 8 years since the tint job. I guess even if it isn't 3M, it still looks great, does the job, and he got the rear window dots and defrosters with only 1 tiny, tiny imperfection.

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
+1 for ceramic on the whole windshield. I went with a 75% on my old Galant VR4. Looks blueish and Benz-like. 15% ceramic on the Mustang. Didn't do the windshield yet as I only got a 1 year inspection sticker.
Sponsored