OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jade
Vehicle(s)
None
Alright guys... I'm back and irritated. 3-4 weeks ago I was ready to pull the trigger on just about any car with a supercharger for a good price. No one would make a fair deal with me. Today dealers are calling me trying to make deals on all types of mustangs. Can you guys help me and tell me what I should do. I am thinking about giving my business to a small dealer since some of the bigger dealers were outright rude to me.

Please, let me know how you feel and if you have seen any deals.

Thanks.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You forgot to post any data points. But if a small dealer is behaving like a gentleman, give him your business even if it's a few more shekels. Who is the honorable entry?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jade
Vehicle(s)
None
You forgot to post any data points. But if a small dealer is behaving like a gentleman, give him your business even if it's a few more shekels. Who is the honorable entry?
Hey shogun.... I'm sorry..... There were 3 cars I was looking into:

Modfied GT mustang with roush supercharger for ~50-51 K.
Roush stage 3 mustang (2019) for ~ 70K (Price was too high, this is why I passed)
Building my own mustang to my specifications either using Beechmont or Lebanon Ford. The last pricing I received was 57k and 65 k from Beechmont. The price is higher at Beechmont because I am requesting more aftermarket parts. To be fair to Beechmont I haven't tried to negotiate. I literally was on the verge of giving up and then dealers started blowing up my phone.

I've owned a roush stage 2 mustang in the pass that I have dragged race, so I'm looking for something more fun to drive and also take to the track.

I'm open to any ideas the group has. I just want a fair deal.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If we're talking the Ted Britt car, $40400 *.7 + $20000 *.6 = 40280. With VA (4%) sales tax call it $42k OTD. That's what I'd offer. Not a penny over $44k OTD.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jade
Vehicle(s)
None
If we're talking the Ted Britt car, $40400 *.7 + $20000 *.6 = 40280. With VA (4%) sales tax call it $42k OTD. That's what I'd offer.
Unfortunately they won't budge on the price. The lowest they will go is 51,000 OTD. It's a base GT and I took everyone's advice and tried to get them to knock off more and they won't budge. If they would sell it too me fro $42k OTD I would take that price and be happy. They keep saying they are in and put a lot of money in the car. Blah Blah Blah

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
buy the car you want at the deal you feel comfortable. too many people think they need to "win" the car buying process. it takes 5 minutes to figure out the market value for a new car. Ford is now doing 0% for 84 months on new 19s. you can get this for a Roush or a LFP / Beachmont Stang as well. good luck.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
too many people think they need to "win" the car buying process
It's the ONLY time to win. You can control what you buy at, not what you can sell at.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's the ONLY time to win. You can control what you buy at, not what you can sell at.
There needs to be a defining of the word "winning".

1. Absolute lowest cost for exactly the vehicle you want and local to where you want to buy it.
2. Absolute lowest cost for a vehicle that's close to what you want and local to where you want to buy it.
3. A slightly higher cost for the exact vehicle you want and local to where you want to buy it.
4. A slightly higher cost for a vehicle that's close to what you want and local to where you want to buy it.

5. Absolute lowest cost for exactly the vehicle you want and not local to where you want to buy it.
6. Absolute lowest cost for a vehicle that's close to what you want and not local to where you want to buy it.
7. A slightly higher cost for the exact vehicle you want and not local to where you want to buy it.
8. A slightly higher cost for a vehicle that's close to what you want and not local to where you want to buy it.

Not add to this a large dealer or a local dealer. 8 just became 16.
Now add any other variables to the equation.

"Winning can mean different things to different people. For my 19' GT/CS it was #4 and a local dealer that I had history with.

OP, define your "winning" and go from there.

Armageddon Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo 2014 Mustang GT
52k otd doesn't sound like much of a deal as it seems to be a base model GT with some parts installed. I would definitely look into Lebanon ford for a price comparison and the opportunity to have a bit more say about the equipment that is installed.
I agree

Sponsored

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
They keep saying they are in and put a lot of money in the car. Blah Blah Blah
Dude, that is every. car. salesman. ever. If you were in person, he would be saying "I need to go check with my manager" or whatever. It's a script. If you stick to your guns and your price point, either they will sell it to you - or they won't. They're just going to try to get you as high as possible before pulling the trigger.

My car salesman told me he was losing money on the deal. Whatever. If that were true, they wouldn't stay in business. I don't hold it against 'em - they need to make a buck, just like you and me. Just try not to give them too many.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
we should line up 5 local guys to go pay the dealersihp a visit over the next couple days, admire the car, sit in it, and then when talking numbers all propose 40-41k OTD. And respond with incredulity how the salesman could possibly think it was worth 50, I mean it's over a year and half old already! Then when OP walks in and offers 42k maybe the dealership will jump at the chance.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jade
Vehicle(s)
None
we should line up 5 local guys to go pay the dealersihp a visit over the next couple days, admire the car, sit in it, and then when talking numbers all propose 40-41k OTD. And respond with incredulity how the salesman could possibly think it was worth 50, I mean it's over a year and half old already! Then when OP walks in and offers 42k maybe the dealership will jump at the chance.

That would be funny.... I just think its funny when I was looking hard 3-4 weeks ago no one wanted to deal, but soon as Corona hits everyone is hitting my line trying to make a deal and going out of their way. If they had that same energy a few weeks ago I would have gladly done a deal. If someone wants to offer to get a deal done for me...have at it. T

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That would be funny.... I just think its funny when I was looking hard 3-4 weeks ago no one wanted to deal, but soon as Corona hits everyone is hitting my line trying to make a deal and going out of their way. If they had that same energy a few weeks ago I would have gladly done a deal. If someone wants to offer to get a deal done for me...have at it. T
Just for shits and giggles give your salesperson at Ted Britt a call. Tell them you’re just checking in to see if they and their family are OK. Don’t even mention the car. Wonder what their response would be.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jade
Vehicle(s)
None
Just for shits and giggles give your salesperson at Ted Britt a call. Tell them you’re just checking in to see if they and their family are OK. Don’t even mention the car. Wonder what their response would be.
On a serious note..My salesman there is sick. He texted me yesterday to see if I went into the dealership. I told him I wasn't going in there. I told him to stay safe and get better. From what I hear everyone else is there working and pushing hard to get sales.
Sponsored