Sponsored

Need help! Strange electronic malfunction.

Jayvineh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey everyone,
Looking for advice or experience with an strange issue. I can't find much about this issue anywhere.
I have a 401a 2019 Stage 2 whipplecharged GT. Ever since the install of the super charger I've had two issues that haven't gone away. The one I'm dealing with now is the loss of driver assists (hill start, blind spot, rev match, rear view camera) are all out and I get a notice immediately every time I turn my car on. It wasn't always like that. It was intermittent before. I would lose the driver assists maybe once per week. Then it started to become more frequently in a week. Then everyday while I was driving. Now they are just gone on startup.
I've been to steeda (who did the install) several times they can't figure it out. I even took it to a dyno tuner to have the whipple stage 2 tune looked at. The tune checked out to not have any problems. I've looked at the fuse #66 in the engine bay and it was fine and there aren't any codes. I've been pulling my hair out over this for about 6 months now. Has anyone heard of this or have any ideas what it could be? All input is greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Check for loose harness connectors, pinched harnesses or wires or even burned/melted wiring conduit.

It does sound like a harness or connector was possibly disturbed during the modification upgrades.

Since it is a 2019, you could take it fo a Ford Service Center and tell the Service Writer you want to demo the issue to them, a Tech or the Shop Foreman while you are on site. Explain it and demo it, this way they can’t say after you leave “we could not replicate the issue”. If they see it while you’re there, they should document it on your work order at that time.

Even though your car does have mods, the electronic glitches or failures you are experiencing have to be directly related to the mods in order for them to deny a warranty repair.

OP
OP
Jayvineh

Jayvineh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Check for loose harness connectors, pinched harnesses or wires or even burned/melted wiring conduit.

It does sound like a harness or connector was possibly disturbed during the modification upgrades.

Since it is a 2019, you could take it fo a Ford Service Center and tell the Service Writer you want to demo the issue to them, a Tech or the Shop Foreman while you are on site. Explain it and demo it, this way they can’t say after you leave “we could not replicate the issue”. If they see it while you’re there, they should document it on your work order at that time.

Even though your car does have mods, the electronic glitches or failures you are experiencing have to be directly related to the mods in order for them to deny a warranty repair.
That’s a great idea. I didn’t think of that. I was on the one track mind that it was the tune and when that came up okay then I was really scratching my head. That’s good advice.
I will take it to Ford. I’ve read about that clause before I wonder if it would be something I’d have to fight them about. Thank you for the advice.
Sponsored