Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT | 6mt | GT perf pack
  • Banned
I have an issue .. it's not a big one but I have OCD so this noise is driving me INSANE .. I've brought the car to the dealer TWICE and they first time they told me this was "normal" .. this time they told me that it could be my aftermarket black lug nuts that I bought from CJ Pony .. I took those off to put the stock ones on and it still makes the noise so it can't be that .. I'll just try to explain WHEN it's happening ..

Every morning when I get in the car and move it from a complete stop (whether it's 1st or reverse, doesn't matter) it makes a clicking noise from what we all feel is the rear .. it happens really quickly, not SUPER loud and then it goes away as soon as the car starts moving .. it seems like as soon as there's some sort of load on the car from movement, it happens ..

when I stop at a light and then proceed to go again, it will MOST of the time make the noise but not ALL of the time .. I can't think of any better words to describe it other than a click or weird popping ?? at times it's one click .. I've heard two quick ones and even three rapid fire but always quickly and then not while the car is moving ..

one night while looking for parking at the movies I kept the car in 1st and driving very slowly through the parking lot I could make the noise happen EVERY SINGLE TIME I took my foot off of the gas when the "load" came off of the car and then again as soon as I put my foot back on the gas .. it's almost like something is loose or metal touching ??

I'm at a loss here because the dealer is absolutely useless and is making it seem like they either cannot hear the noise or suggests lug nuts and tells me it's my fault .. I'm hoping there are some suggestions because once I get some options I can go back to them .. the car is about to hit 9000 miles and I've never even really beat up on her to have something break ..

thank you in advance and sorry for the lengthy spew .. I talk too much in person as well lol
Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
.. the car is about to hit 9000 miles and I've never even really beat up on her to have something break ..
why not? :lol:

not sure what to tell you other than maybe get the car on a lift and try to spin the wheels by hand to check for noise that way

umarov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CO Premium PP
Could it be hill start assist? That makes a sound sometimes

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP

viOlaziOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Could it be hill start assist? That makes a sound sometimes

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
not really sure but my garage is super flat and it happens every morning there .. actually, I don't think I've even heard it ON a hill .. it's not a really loud or "bad" noise but there just shouldn't be a noise at all and it's really ruining the car for me at times .. makes it not as enjoyable to drive because I'm constantly thinking about something so stupid rather than the just enjoying the car

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Gotta be from the drive shaft. Thud sound?

Sponsored

OP
OP

viOlaziOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Gotta be from the drive shaft. Thud sound?
it's not really a thud .. it's like a quick "clicking" noise .. borderline faint popping but certainly not anything like a thud

Sounds to me like it's the 2 piece drive shaft you are hearing.
I would be fine with that but the test driven car never had this and the noise only started appearing after around 7000 miles. I never once heard this noise coming from the car before .. maybe it's my ears and the noise isn't from the rear and it's from right under me ?? I don't even know at this point .. I always thought it had something to do with the clutch/transmission because it's right when I engage the clutch .. but I'm a mechanic and have no knowledge of anything lol which is why I'm here hoping for options :)

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Mine started this when I installed solid aluminum diff lock outs

OP
OP

viOlaziOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Mine started this when I installed solid aluminum diff lock outs
interesting .. I don't have any such mods but maybe there's an issue with my diff causing this noise ?? it's odd because it doesn't happen EVERY time the car goes from a stop to moving but it's frequent enough to notice something isn't right .. sucks because I wanna get this noise fixed before I install any more mods (don't want to add to the list of things it COULD be lol)

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
I have an issue .. it's not a big one but I have OCD so this noise is driving me INSANE .. I've brought the car to the dealer TWICE and they first time they told me this was "normal" .. this time they told me that it could be my aftermarket black lug nuts that I bought from CJ Pony .. I took those off to put the stock ones on and it still makes the noise so it can't be that .. I'll just try to explain WHEN it's happening ..

Every morning when I get in the car and move it from a complete stop (whether it's 1st or reverse, doesn't matter) it makes a clicking noise from what we all feel is the rear .. it happens really quickly, not SUPER loud and then it goes away as soon as the car starts moving .. it seems like as soon as there's some sort of load on the car from movement, it happens ..

when I stop at a light and then proceed to go again, it will MOST of the time make the noise but not ALL of the time .. I can't think of any better words to describe it other than a click or weird popping ?? at times it's one click .. I've heard two quick ones and even three rapid fire but always quickly and then not while the car is moving ..

one night while looking for parking at the movies I kept the car in 1st and driving very slowly through the parking lot I could make the noise happen EVERY SINGLE TIME I took my foot off of the gas when the "load" came off of the car and then again as soon as I put my foot back on the gas .. it's almost like something is loose or metal touching ??

I'm at a loss here because the dealer is absolutely useless and is making it seem like they either cannot hear the noise or suggests lug nuts and tells me it's my fault .. I'm hoping there are some suggestions because once I get some options I can go back to them .. the car is about to hit 9000 miles and I've never even really beat up on her to have something break ..

thank you in advance and sorry for the lengthy spew .. I talk too much in person as well lol
Its the Torsen differential, they make clicking noises when accelerating from a stop or turning from a stop.

Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
I find it hard to believe its that. Mine doesnt do this at all. Only time i had it was when i had the Pirellis on and at low speeds at almost full lock. Granted i only have 700 miles on it but first i have heard the torsen diff does this all the time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP

viOlaziOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its the Torsen differential, they make clicking noises when accelerating from a stop or turning from a stop.
so you're saying it's a normal noise ?? I never heard it on the test vehicle and the first 8,000 miles of driving this car had no such noise at all .. could it be something messed up with the diff ?? not sure what my options are here as I've tried twice with Ford and half of them say they don't hear the noise while the other half say they hear it and give stupid suggestions as to how to fix it

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
so you're saying it's a normal noise ?? I never heard it on the test vehicle and the first 8,000 miles of driving this car had no such noise at all .. could it be something messed up with the diff ?? not sure what my options are here as I've tried twice with Ford and half of them say they don't hear the noise while the other half say they hear it and give stupid suggestions as to how to fix it
Its normal on mine :)

I've heard others say the same thing on their performance pack cars, so I'm not worried.

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Only the performance pack cars will make the noise

OP
OP

viOlaziOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its normal on mine :)

I've heard others say the same thing on their performance pack cars, so I'm not worried.
Only the performance pack cars will make the noise
it's nice to hear someone else has such a noise but I'm still confused as to why it took 8000 miles for it to start ?? it just doesn't sound like a noise that SHOULD be there because if it was, why wouldn't it happen ALL of the time ?? I just have a hard time accepting that I spent extra money on a performance pack car and have to somehow convince my OCD that this noise is now going to be a "normal" part of the car .. it just takes away enjoyment for me because I'm always listening for it
Sponsored