Sponsored

NEED HELP !! Clicking/Popping noise from rear when moving from a stop

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
so you're saying it's a normal noise ?? I never heard it on the test vehicle and the first 8,000 miles of driving this car had no such noise at all .. could it be something messed up with the diff ?? not sure what my options are here as I've tried twice with Ford and half of them say they don't hear the noise while the other half say they hear it and give stupid suggestions as to how to fix it
Hi viOlaziOne,

When was your most recent dealer visit? I recommend setting up a ride along with a tech so you can demonstrate exactly how and when the noise happens. I can also check out how to best assist on my end. Just PM your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer info.

Meagan
Sponsored

OP
OP

viOlaziOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT | 6mt | GT perf pack
Hi viOlaziOne,

When was your most recent dealer visit? I recommend setting up a ride along with a tech so you can demonstrate exactly how and when the noise happens. I can also check out how to best assist on my end. Just PM your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer info.

Meagan
my car was last dropped off Jan 19th and I took back possession on one week after dropping it off .. I will PM you my information .. I was offered a ride along but it's honestly pointless as the mangers and techs at my local dealer act as if this issue has been reported on a few other cars and that since they couldn't figure it out before that it's considered "normal" by Ford and that I'm just SOL and on my own to deal with noises on a car less than a year old .. sending a PM now, thanks

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
it's nice to hear someone else has such a noise but I'm still confused as to why it took 8000 miles for it to start ?? it just doesn't sound like a noise that SHOULD be there because if it was, why wouldn't it happen ALL of the time ?? I just have a hard time accepting that I spent extra money on a performance pack car and have to somehow convince my OCD that this noise is now going to be a "normal" part of the car .. it just takes away enjoyment for me because I'm always listening for it
I have almost 12,000 miles on it and I just started getting a clicking sound that, from your description, sounds very similar to you issue. Any update on your issue? I am thinking about taking it in but don't really have the time to not have a car for a day or two right now...:ford:

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I have almost 12,000 miles on it and I just started getting a clicking sound that, from your description, sounds very similar to you issue. Any update on your issue? I am thinking about taking it in but don't really have the time to not have a car for a day or two right now...:ford:
Curious what is said if you guys go in to dealer. Mine has been doing it for the last 4000 miles. Mine started when I upgraded to the DSS half shafts. The fix talked about on here was to have the half shafts retorqued, which I have done twice. Still clicks/pops from a dead stop when first driving and tight turns. Once I drive the car for a while it seems to go away somewhat. Obviously with all my mods a dealer is going to laugh at me...but I would be curious to find out what they say on your unmodded cars.

Sponsored

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
First thing I would have checked are the CV joints. My Audi S4 started that and had same noise. Tech replaced one half shaft and noise was gone. Easy to ascertain, put it up and slowly turn the wheel. Any noise is from binding in the joint.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
The wheel hub on my driver's rear was very loose. It's tightened back up now but it should never have loosened in the first place.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Torsen diff,they are known for this,especially when in a sharp turn and hearing a click or light pop.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine's going to the dealer tomorrow; started clicking and creaking again tonight. This is a fatal accident waiting to happen.

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Mine's going to the dealer tomorrow; started clicking and creaking again tonight. This is a fatal accident waiting to happen.
Please update this thread when you get a diagnosis!! This is happening to mine quite a bit, not just from a stop either. It seems to happen at random times at low speeds and from a stop in first and reverse.

Thanks in advance!!

Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They noted today that the nut in the center of the hub was "slightly loose" and that it was retorqued to spec, but it was a bit of a mystery because none of the bearing or possible contact surfaces were worn. I am getting my ebrake handle replaced for the common "parking brake is engaged" message that pops up constantly, so when that part comes in they will check the hub again to see if it is backing out.

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
For anybody still following this thread I brought my car into the dealership this morning to have them look at the issue. It has still been clocking/popping and if anything is just getting worse.

I will update when i hear back from them. Stay tuned!

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
For anybody still following this thread I brought my car into the dealership this morning to have them look at the issue. It has still been clocking/popping and if anything is just getting worse.

I will update when i hear back from them. Stay tuned!
Still following and cant wait for an answer!!! :popcorn:

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Just got a call from the dealership, so they said that one of the bolts on the rear axle was loose. These are one time use bolts so they were able to get another one today :clap2: and installed it and retorqued all of the other bolts.

She said the tech test drove it and didn't hear the noise. I am hoping this will hold true. I haven't picked it up yet so I will pick it up tonight and drive it over the next few days and update on whether the clicking is gone or not :headbang:

I have to imagine this somehow occurred during the process of having my springs installed otherwise it was factory defective. Who knows but I am glad I took it in and didn't wait any longer :thumbsup:

These are the days I am super glad I am mostly stock
Sponsored