Sponsored

NEED HELP !! Clicking/Popping noise from rear when moving from a stop

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Just another quick update for anyone that still cares!!

After picking up my car and driving it around for a couple of days the noise is COMPLETELY GONE. I can't even tell you how happy this makes me. I didn't even realize how much i hated the noise and how much I was thinking about it throughout the day.

Again it was a loose axle bolt, dealership said I wasn't in any danger but I imagine over time it could have gotten dangerous, especially with my spirited driving!

back to modding :) next up mount my 6GR wheels and then the FRPP track handling pack
Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
They noted today that the nut in the center of the hub was "slightly loose" and that it was retorqued to spec, but it was a bit of a mystery because none of the bearing or possible contact surfaces were worn. I am getting my ebrake handle replaced for the common "parking brake is engaged" message that pops up constantly, so when that part comes in they will check the hub again to see if it is backing out.
Replaced? Did your ebrake handle not sit all the way down either? Mine looks like the leather is being stretched when its pushed all the way down which would cause it to move back up. I get that ebrake engaged warning constantly.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
it's not really a thud .. it's like a quick "clicking" noise .. borderline faint popping but certainly not anything like a thud

I just started getting this the other day, "pebble in a can sound" is how mine sounds. Driving me nuts as I just flipped 48k on the clock. EDIT, Only when taking off or low speeds placing or removing a load on the drive line. It might be happening at higher speed but I cant hear when its not at an idle RPM range.

Last edited:

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I am noticing the sound more and more, not sure if its getting worse or its just me knowing its there and can hear it easier. I was able to get a kinda crappy recording of it (wind noise) leaving work Friday. Its not a loud sound so its hard to get a good recording of it. Going to put the car up after work today and check the axle nuts and see if they have loosened up since I keep seeing things about it. Anybody else have THIS noise, that knows what it is?

[ame]
Short video and turn up the volume to hear.

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
Sounds like the same as mine. Loose axle nut. Don't try to retighten the factory nut, because the noise will come back.

Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like the same as mine. Loose axle nut. Don't try to retighten the factory nut, because the noise will come back.
So yours did that faint tink sound as well and it was fixed by new axle nuts?