Need Air Intake Help

Seanay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A PP2
Hi all, anyone know if the the 2018+ air intake box and tube fit the 2016 GT? TIA. Need it to go back to stock, currently have PP2 with the GT350 TB and cold air intake but think we have to go back to OEM because a code will not go away even after repairs....been to the dealers, no help at all then to an indy shop an hour away only works on Mustangs and they kept it and worked on it 4 hours and can't get the 2014 and 2019 codes to go off and stay off and at this point all they can think to do is go back to OEM and same with tune and then reset the codes. Able to delete the codes but turns on immediately upon next start whether car is driven or not due to it being "confirmed" instead of Pending or Permanent. They saw this once before and said the previous guy had to go back to OEM and OEM tune then go to dealer buddy of his and slip him $100 to flash it back. Indy shop was way more helpful then dealer was and charged me only half what the stealership did for hours of head scratching diagnosis..All this started with the IMRC valves breaking on the OEM manifold and having to put in a new 2016 take off manifold and both rear switches/sensors which has corrected the hesitation and rough idling and random surging while driving in gear with throttle over 3K rpms. All of it is gone just cant get the gd codes to go away.
Sponsored

Led_footed4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
The 18 tube has a larger diameter (98mm vs 85mm) so the stock 16 tune wouldn’t work.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
No it won't work, you need the 15-17 OEM intake. The tube is a bigger diameter and it won't run with the OEM tune.

Cbarn83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 5.0
What shop in Indy if you don’t mind me asking? I’m not far from there and looking for a good shop in case I need someone in the future.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Seanay

Seanay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A PP2
What shop in Indy if you don’t mind me asking? I’m not far from there and looking for a good shop in case I need someone in the future.
Indy was short or abbreviated for independent anot not Indianapolis if you were referring to location or city. sorry. im in OC cali

Cbarn83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 5.0
Indy was short or abbreviated for independent anot not Indianapolis if you were referring to location or city. sorry. im in OC cali
Ah ok lol. My fault, not fully hip with the lingo ;)

OP
OP
Seanay

Seanay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A PP2
All good i was same 5 years ago lol
Sponsored