OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
A) Screw that guy, I am sorry for you having to deal with this. I hate when people have no regard for others or their belongings.

B) I honestly can't see any damage besides the scuff. Do you have better photos of the damage? It all look so minor, I'd bet you could fix all of it yourself.

C). Sick sandals. :wink:
IMG_20221031_164313005.jpg

IMG_20221031_164358732.jpg

IMG_20221031_162202071.jpg
Sponsored

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Most large-ish dealerships will be affiliated with a local body shop they send their work to. I don't know if the shops are owned by the dealership, or they just have some other arrangement. For example, there is a Heritage Ford in my area and a shop a couple miles up the road from me:

https://www.carwise.com/auto-body-shops/heritage-ford-body-shop-modesto-ca-95356/478132

I also used a dealer affiliate in the Bay Area for my '08 Bullit; work was satisfactory. If I don't personally know of a good shop I'll go dealer-affiliated; if nothing else I expect good paint-matching.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an update...getting the insurance involved as the fender needs to be replaced as there is a small tear. Just got a quote for $1800 from one shop, another shop quoted me almost $2k. Talked to my insurance, since I wasn't in the car it will be classified as a no fault and it won't affect my rates. I am bummed about the carfax, but I have all the photos and can show what a minor repair it really was.

The fenders are aluminum and this changes the dynamic of the repair.

EdwardS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You're looking at a $1500 repair minimum and hopefully you're not OCD about the color match because it won't be 100%. But you're wise about not getting insurance involved. It's a completely cosmetic situation and if insurance is involved, Carfax gets notified, and the value of the car gets diminished. Some dealerships won't even let you trade it in.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're looking at a $1500 repair minimum and hopefully you're not OCD about the color match because it won't be 100%. But you're wise about not getting insurance involved. It's a completely cosmetic situation and if insurance is involved, Carfax gets notified, and the value of the car gets diminished. Some dealerships won't even let you trade it in.

You're close, it is $1600 to repair. They guarantee a paint match...we will see. I wouldn't trade this car in anyway, it would be sold to another buyer by me. I don't think it will affect the value that much...either way I am keeping this car for quite sometime.

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
You're close, it is $1600 to repair. They guarantee a paint match...we will see. I wouldn't trade this car in anyway, it would be sold to another buyer by me. I don't think it will affect the value that much...either way I am keeping this car for quite sometime.
After it's fixed, I suggest you PPF it to preserve the repair, as sadly it is unlikely to be as good as the factory paint job.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After it's fixed, I suggest you PPF it to preserve the repair, as sadly it is unlikely to be as good as the factory paint job.
I saw a Rapid Red Raptor they did, did a great job matching the paint. Good advice...

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got the car back yesterday, they did an awesome job. To be frank you could never tell. Outstanding job matching the not only the paint but the factory texure/orange peel.

BTW, since I went with a Geico approved shop the repair is guaranteed for life.

repair.jpg

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Years ago, I was at the bowling alley and some guy's eclipse E-Brake failed and rolled back into my Mustang pretty much the same spot as your car. He had a fake State Farm insurance card.. so by the time I got home and talked to my insurance, they pretty much said nothing they could do, I would have to go after him myself in court. I left it as is and sold the car not long after anyways when I upgraded to a Cobra... was not worth the hassle to me.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Years ago, I was at the bowling alley and some guy's eclipse E-Brake failed and rolled back into my Mustang pretty much the same spot as your car. He had a fake State Farm insurance card.. so by the time I got home and talked to my insurance, they pretty much said nothing they could do, I would have to go after him myself in court. I left it as is and sold the car not long after anyways when I upgraded to a Cobra... was not worth the hassle to me.
Sorry a little I am OCD regarding this. Also I plan on keeping for a while.
Sponsored