Sponsored

Need Help guys just some advice for 3.7 litre with only 3600 miles.

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Hey guys.

I am wondering if its just my imagination or if something is wrong. My car is almost brand new 3.7 V6 only has 3600 miles. The only mod was straightpipe and x Pipe. When I was driving today I put it in sport mode because i love the way it sounds and drives on it. For some reason as it was dragging the rev as I was breaking it felt as though the car almost stalled or stopped ( keep in mind its auto).This happened when I gave it gas then a had to break it makesmotor rev high when you do that. however that is when it felt like it instaltly lost power (as if the car turned off) but it didnt.
Then when I drove it back in normal mode Drive or in Sport mode as the car revs to 3000 rpm its making almost like a wooshing wind sound with a hint of a metallic echo. it jsut sounds liek the engine is making a very lound wind sound. It's very faint but i am definately noticing it when it gets to around 3000 rpm. Below that you cant hear it much only very faintly. Then when I lift up the hood the engine sounds like its making a wind sound and seems a bit loud.

does anyone know what might of happened ? Could it be all in my imagination or does this sound like an issue?

Your input is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Cordially,
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Anyone? Would anyone have a lsight idea of w hat could be wrong. Its happening more in Sport Mode. In drive mode it seems ok. Sport mode its doing this when it approaches 3000 rpm. Sounds almost like an air conditioning unit with a hint of kazoo.

I did find this

https://www.quora.com/My-car-starte...e-when-accelerating-What-could-be-the-problem
It says
Question:
My car started to make something like whistling/windy noise when accelerating. What could be the problem?
Answer:
I had something like this happen to one of my cars. The Catalytic converter had collapsed inside itself, and the sound was similar to what you are describing. Does it feel like the car has lost power and acceleration? The engine can not evacuate the exhaust emissions freely with the restriction/collapse on the inside of the catalytic converter, so the pressure builds, until it is forced through “the path of least resistance”, and you hear “whistling/ windy noise”

2.2k views · View 2 Upvoters

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess noone knows :( Thought maybe other people might of had experience with this.:crying::please:

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Post a vid. It.s hard to figure out what the problem is you are describing.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
You should probably post this in the 3.7 forum. As for the issue, have you gotten under the car? Any leaks etc?
Sponsored