Sponsored

NC Auto Expo Coverage

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
So, here at the NC Auto Expo Ford came in guns-a-blazin' and went all-out by showing off just about every thing they could, with the highlights being the 2015 Mustang and F-150. The Mustang that was shown was the same GT model that originally debuted in LA back in December.

In a little chat I had with one of the head honchos he said that preproduction starts in June. I also got out that there is no official timeline for the GT350, it'll be done when the team feels that it is done. When asked about what might happen for the Pony's 50th birthday, he said that there will be a pleasant surprise. I also got another confirmation from one of the Lincoln representatives that the program for the Mustang-based Lincoln will be entering design this year.

Like I said, this thing looks a trillion times better in the flesh. I really don't think any photographer has really been able to really capture the presence of the new Mustang yet.

Here are my pix of our Stallion.

2015 F-150

2015 Lincoln MKC

Ariel Atom

Sponsored

RideTheMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT Premium PP
good luck man if all else fails bribe them with mini chocolate mustangs :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Basically I'm going to dress nice, bring an actual camera, and well... I'll have one more trick up my sleeve that I don't think JarStang would like for me to publicly disclose.

kellyj3ray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
There's no stage at the NC auto expo. The '15 Stang is floor level and you can walk right up to it, put your hands all over it, etc. You just can't sit in it. It and the '15 F150 are locked. Have fun though.

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
There's no stage at the NC auto expo. The '15 Stang is floor level and you can walk right up to it, put your hands all over it, etc. You just can't sit in it. It and the '15 F150 are locked. Have fun though.
Went on Saturday and will be going in again on Sunday. That's when I plan to sweet talk them into letting me in.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Well I got there and they wouldn't let me in, stating that they wanted to avoid lawsuits. Apparently people have sued Ford before because the parts used in prototypes of other vehicles were not identical to the parts of the production vehicle, otherwise they would have let me in. Oh well, I still got quite a few decent photos of the Mustang.

By the way, pictures do the Mustang NO FAVORS. It's a night and day difference between what you see on the internet and what you see straight in front of you.

Pix tonight.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Thanks for the pics.

But if that is Competition Orange they need to rename it Competition Red.

Sponsored

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
gr8 pix
thx

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
There are only 2 things I really Hate about this Car, number one being that Horrible Fully Painted rear Bumper/Diffuser, and number two are those Horrible Headlights (the 4 lamp Halogen's). The rear bumper/diffuser just looks so out of place, especially with the more agressive front splitter on this car and the black side sills. As for the Headlights, I Hate the Oval shape of the Silver Painted looking Surround of the outboard lights and I Really Dislike the "Arrowhead" shaped reflectors mounted in that same Silver Painted looking surround. Thank God this is car is The Only Example We've actually seen of both of these issues.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
There are only 2 things I really Hate about this Car, number one being that Horrible Fully Painted rear Bumper/Diffuser, and number two are those Horrible Headlights (the 4 lamp Halogen's). The rear bumper/diffuser just looks so out of place, especially with the more agressive front splitter on this car and the black side sills. As for the Headlights, I Hate the Oval shape of the Silver Painted looking Surround of the outboard lights and I Really Dislike the "Arrowhead" shaped reflectors mounted in that same Silver Painted looking surround. Thank God this is car is The Only Example We've actually seen of both of these issues.

CaPtAiN CaPiTaL, We Meet Again.....:thumbsup:

Sorry dude, just had to!