Sponsored

NA or FI?

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
The driveability with my KB is phenomenal. The car has something it just lacks n/a, low rpm torque. Under partial throttle at that. The car is overall just a much better experience to drive. I'm still running a bone stock drivetrain. As long as you don't toss a sticky tire underneath, you'll hold up fine for some time. I'm almost 3000 miles in so far.
But on a measly 12lbs of boost on 93 octane, I'm running around with 700 at the wheels.

So, to me it's no question. If you have the cash, go FI. These motors love boost
Sponsored

OP
OP

PandaPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
Thanks for the feedback Obsol3te. Do you have any issues with traction? I've read from others that they can only seem to get traction in first and second with street drag radials. This was my thought of going with a centri so I could keep it manageable. However, I do feel that I would enjoy some more bottom end torque.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I can't go WOT below 60mph. Not having traction isnt a bad thing. Just learn to feather your loud pedal. The same is going to be said about a centri blower, your rpms will climb quick and you'll be blowing the tires off. I dont plan on ever running a drag radial on the street. So WOT under 60mph isnt going to stick for me.
See if you can go for a ride with a couple local guys in the area to get a feel for both blowers if possible.
Also, if you do decide to go FI and you do decide to try the PD route, dont follow blindly with the overwhelmingly popular Whipple crowd.
Im not saying its a bad blower, but do your own research and see what you like
Good luck man!

OP
OP

PandaPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
I'll have to check a few out locally to get my own interpretation for sure. It could just be personal taste. I drove a 587 rwhp 240sx for a couple of years on the streets and tamed it. Granted the big turbo made it easy under 3500 rpms, but full wot with that car was pretty insane. My thought is a heavy 2016 mustang should be able to handle power much better than a rusty 89 240 lol.

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
With wide wheels and a good set of tires (I had nitto drags) my car would barely skate the tires on a hard 2nd gear hit after I warmed them up. I had a VMP setup making 620 rwhp.

To me the PD blowers offer a more fun driving experience and are manageable just like Obsol3te said you just have to learn to modulate the throttle and keep it under control. But thats a big part of the fun!

The Coyote lacks TQ down low and the PD blowers help overcome that and the motor flows enough that it has a fat power band up top.
Sponsored