PandaPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
Hey guys,

I'm looking to do a build that has decent power, but overall reliability. First question, what kind of hp and torque can I expect from a gt350 manifold, jlt intake, stock tb, 47 lb injectors, cat back, and e85?

Also, is this really any more reliable than a low boost supercharger?

Lastly, would I need an OPG, crank sprocket, and ATI balancer with the higher revving manifold (I know it's highly recommended for FI)?

Thanks for the input!
Sponsored

craigsix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
gotta know if your stick or auto. this is my pet peave when people dont say if they are stick or auto cause its a big difference in rwhp.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
It says he has the PP so he has a manual.

OP
OP

PandaPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it is a manual. Sorry for not calling it out and thanks for the help Silver GT!I have no mods to my current performance package other than a MagnaFlow competition catback.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
You are looking at around 430-440hp and 395-405tq with the setup you are describing.

Sponsored

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
First question, what kind of hp and torque can I expect from a gt350 manifold, jlt intake, stock tb, 47 lb injectors, cat back, and e85?
IMO, 430-440rwhp and 390-400 rwtq.

Also, is this really any more reliable than a low boost supercharger?
With the proper supporting mods (OPG, ATI balancer, etc) and a good tune I think it would be at least as reliable. TBH, from what I've heard/read, a low boost S/C with a good tune is very reliable. With a low boost S/C, your engine lives or dies on the quality of your tune. I suspect a 5.0 revving to 7,700 rpm+ would be on par with a good tune for a low boost S/C.

Lastly, would I need an OPG, crank sprocket, and ATI balancer with the higher revving manifold (I know it's highly recommended for FI)?
For reliability purposes, yes. Without these mods I personally wouldn't feel comfortable revving my 5.0 high enough to take advantage of the GT350 manifold, and without revving high enough there's no point switching out the stock manifold.

FI will be cheaper and get you larger gains, so if rwhp and cost are your only goals that's the way to go. The only advantage to N/A is that you can buy most of the mods in steps. E85 Tune first, then intake, then catback, then manifold/injectors/supporting mods... With FI its all or nothing. So you have the 6-7K+ or you don't. With NA you can throw a few hundred or thousand at a time and see small gains.

Personally I've gone N/A to start off. Tune and intake, then catback, then catless headers. Now I'm trying to decide whether I want a S/C or to go with the GT350 mani. Will probably end up going with a procharger tbh, still thinking it through though.

OP
OP

PandaPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the inputs. I was kind of thinking the same thing that high revving the na motor would probably be causing the same wear as shifting lower with fi. In reality I don't think the name route will give me what I'm looking for. I read the bama na car that went 10.2 in the quarter it got me thinking about that route. Although I'm sure to get there it wasn't on a modest tune and it had custom suspension. My biggest thing is reliable power. I've had a ridiculously fast car that broke every couple of months and that gets old. I might be better off just saving up for a sc.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
our custom paxton packages can be had for under 6k, hard to beat that vs what you spend for a decent n/a build

OP
OP

PandaPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
I've definitely heard good things about your kits beefcake. Might be the route I go!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Instead of worrying about power #'s, what kind of goals do you have for the car? Drag car, road racer, or just a wicked fast street car?

Sponsored
OP
OP

PandaPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
The power numbers just give me a baseline to work with. I know there are several different scenarios to get into regarding goals, but I'm not going to be a die hard drag guy or road course guy. Just an overall fun and reliable car. Probably go centrifugal if I go supercharger to keep it more of a stock feel at low rpms.

S550Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT base performance pack
I started f/I for my road course setup and ended up selling it and going back to an n/a setup. if you plan on getting serious with that style theres no substitute for an n/a setup IMO...and that's coming from a guy that put all the money into a Paxton beefcake special. If you decide to stay drag, your gonna find it hard to beat beefcakes specials with the votech and Paxton kits. so again, It all comes down to what your intentions are with the car.

S550Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT base performance pack
I misread your last statement..yea sounds like you may want to have a talk with beefcake to get your best bang for buck

OP
OP

PandaPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Beefcake, with your kits do you need to purchase the tuner and the remote tuning or if I buy the tuner does it come with a tune?