Sponsored

MyMode

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
What am I missing here in setting up MyMode? Aren't you able to "save" settings such as exhaust, steering, sport+ etc? So when you get in the car and start it, it operates in the saved settings? When I save settings and turn the car off.....when starting it back up everything is back to default or "normal" settings. What am I doing wrong?
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah, that SUCKS. Everything defaults to normal at every start. And yes, I also saved the 'MyMode' with everything normal except quiet exhaust, and when I was playing with the dash, it was gone. So guess you have to save the damn MyMode every time? I also need to play with the stupid dash more. Can't find which of the settings changes the background color of the gauges. Not user-friendly at all, and I'm good for crap like that normally. I put 'primary' color in green, which is as the gauges sweep it fills with green. And red, which I don't know what the hell it does, but maybe it's the tach red zone? But it should always be red. My 2 gauges on top light up white, so don't know where that's coming from. Adjusted the ambient lighting from green to ice blue, which more or less matches the window and other buttons. That's what my truck had. Oh, and memory is also supposed to remember MyColor, but not sure if MyMode too. I haven't set the memory yet; need to do that, before messing my seat and mirrors. And what a drag that the stupid seatbacks are manual. Oh well. Enough crap :D.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Never really understood it so paid no attention to it but if you have to reset it each time that's just plain stupid and in totally contrary to the basic logic of it
Happy Days!!

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Just save MyMode settings and then go to My Mode after you start and your done. Stupid that it doesn’t stay in My Mode but it’s easy to flip a toggle to dial it in. Dash colours accessed by Pony button. Not hard if you look got it.

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
What am I missing here in setting up MyMode? Aren't you able to "save" settings such as exhaust, steering, sport+ etc? So when you get in the car and start it, it operates in the saved settings? When I save settings and turn the car off.....when starting it back up everything is back to default or "normal" settings. What am I doing wrong?
You pick the settings you want and save them as MyMode (there are some combinations that are not allowed). When you start the car, it starts in Normal. Then, as you take your finger off the Start button, you move it 8" to the right, blip the far right toggle 2 times, and you're there.

Yeah, that SUCKS. Everything defaults to normal at every start. And yes, I also saved the 'MyMode' with everything normal except quiet exhaust, and when I was playing with the dash, it was gone. So guess you have to save the damn MyMode every time?
No. You save it once and you're done. And there's some logic to having a normal start default to Normal.

OP
OP

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
Ahhhh ok, so once started hit the mode toggle until “my mode”. Makes sense. Thanks!

Titlerider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Convertible
You pick the settings you want and save them as MyMode (there are some combinations that are not allowed).
I am trying to set up MyMode for winter driving in my GT convertible. I am trying to save the Snow/Rain drive mode and the Normal steering mode in “MyMode” and they appear to save. But when I get in the car after turning it off and restarting it, when I toggle to MyMode, the Snow/Rain and the Normal settings have not been saved. I haven’t found any listing or other references in the owners manual that says that what I am trying to do is “a combination that is not allowed.” Any guidance or advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Yeah, there's absolutely no reason why it can't save each time. I prefer to start in Comfort Steering and Rain/Snow when it's winter and have to click the toggles every single time I get in. I gave up on MyMode or whatever after I attempted to understand the owner's manual. Talk about a waste of time.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
They should be saved. I had trouble initially too, but I figured out what I was doing wrong :). And that was changing things BEFORE firing up the engine. You cannot change modes before firing up the engine either; it always reverts to normal mode. Change MyMode, AND select it, after engine is fired up, and your saved settings should stay programmed. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

Titlerider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Convertible
They should be saved. I had trouble initially too, but I figured out what I was doing wrong :). And that was changing things BEFORE firing up the engine. You cannot change modes before firing up the engine either; it always reverts to normal mode. Change MyMode, AND select it, after engine is fired up, and your saved settings should stay programmed. Hope this helps.
I haven't driven in a week, but I did today. I tried your technique and it worked until I turned the car off. When I started the car up and then selected MyMode, the car defaulted to MyMode settings of "normal". So, it was not able to save the Wet/Snow as the MyMode. I'm done playing with it. For now it's 5 toggles and a cloud a dust.

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I haven't driven in a week, but I did today. I tried your technique and it worked until I turned the car off. When I started the car up and then selected MyMode, the car defaulted to MyMode settings of "normal". So, it was not able to save the Wet/Snow as the MyMode. I'm done playing with it. For now it's 5 toggles and a cloud a dust.
Just making sure: Are you holding the OK button for a few seconds to initiate the save command after you’ve got the settings all set? I mess with mine all the time and this works just fine for me...

Titlerider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Convertible
Just making sure: Are you holding the OK button for a few seconds to initiate the save command after you’ve got the settings all set? I mess with mine all the time and this works just fine for me...
Yes. I hold the OK and the little bar moves to the right while it is saving it. I am set up for auto updates of the car’s software when in my garage/home WiFi. So it’s not that. I’d love to solve he problems because it rains here often enough that I could use a proper MyMode all year.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
My understanding is that custom settings are not saved on start on ANY car. My Infiniti Q50 RedSport and a friends Audi are the same. They both default back to Normal. I once asked about this and I was told it was a government regulation thing. A vehicle must always have the same settings for suspension/steering at every start, it's up to the owner to change it after that.

Now if settings for specifically My Mode itself are not keeping, that's strange. I remember reading that cars that have the Performance Package 1 have more limited options than non-Performance package cars. I'm not sure how correct that is though.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
The reasons cars don't have your settings saved by default is govt regulations and emissions mostly. By defaulting to normal mode they can claim their cars pollute at a certain level, get certain mileage, etc.

I have had modern Mercedes, BMW and Fords, and none have let you for example have "sport mode" active as soon as you turn the car on. You always have to toggle.
Sponsored