Sponsored

MY2018 vs MY2017

topherchrisb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
TLDR:
Do you think there is any benefit to getting a MY2018 vs MY2017 non-R other than the availability of the convenience package and not being able to get avalanche gray (My first color of choice)? Maybe there are changes to body panel attachment to fix the increased gapping or anything like that?

Long version:
First of all I want to say thanks for everyone's participation on this forum. It's provided many hours of entertainment. I've spent a great deal of time reading everything I can and watching every video about this car and am excited to realize that if the planets align I could possibly have one in the garage in the next year.

I really like the avalanche gray/white stripe color combo. I’ve been watching autotrader and seeing a number of them popping up with the black stripes (black stripes are alright) for slightly under msrp prices. I also went to a local dealer and asked about a car (2017 ruby red) they had on their site. The car was the dealership owner’s car and due to a bug the car pops up in their inventory every once in a while. They have one 2018 on order in an oxford white /blue stripe setup. I’m just not a fan of the blue stripes. They did say I could put an order/deposit down (paying msrp) on one and if they get notified of a second allocation they’ll submit the order for me. I thought getting the oxford white and having aftermarket gray vinyl stripes put on would be a decent combo. My wife is only 5’2” while I’m 6’2” so I think having the convenience pack is probably a great choice to make it a comfortable ride for both of us. I don’t plan on tracking it at all so the deep buckets aren’t necessary.

So I’m swaying back and forth between a 2018/white/convenience/msrp and a 2017/gray/electronics/slightly under msrp deal. Any other perspectives I might not be thinking of?

P.S. If there are any GT350 owners in the Denver/Boulder cooridor area, I’d love to see a car first hand. I still have not had the pleasure. I don’t drive much these days.
Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
TLDR:
Do you think there is any benefit to getting a MY2018 vs MY2017 non-R other than the availability of the convenience package and not being able to get avalanche gray (My first color of choice)? Maybe there are changes to body panel attachment to fix the increased gapping or anything like that?

Long version:
First of all I want to say thanks for everyone's participation on this forum. It's provided many hours of entertainment. I've spent a great deal of time reading everything I can and watching every video about this car and am excited to realize that if the planets align I could possibly have one in the garage in the next year.

I really like the avalanche gray/white stripe color combo. I’ve been watching autotrader and seeing a number of them popping up with the black stripes (black stripes are alright) for slightly under msrp prices. I also went to a local dealer and asked about a car (2017 ruby red) they had on their site. The car was the dealership owner’s car and due to a bug the car pops up in their inventory every once in a while. They have one 2018 on order in an oxford white /blue stripe setup. I’m just not a fan of the blue stripes. They did say I could put an order/deposit down (paying msrp) on one and if they get notified of a second allocation they’ll submit the order for me. I thought getting the oxford white and having aftermarket gray vinyl stripes put on would be a decent combo. My wife is only 5’2” while I’m 6’2” so I think having the convenience pack is probably a great choice to make it a comfortable ride for both of us. I don’t plan on tracking it at all so the deep buckets aren’t necessary.

So I’m swaying back and forth between a 2018/white/convenience/msrp and a 2017/gray/electronics/slightly under msrp deal. Any other perspectives I might not be thinking of?

P.S. If there are any GT350 owners in the Denver/Boulder cooridor area, I’d love to see a car first hand. I still have not had the pleasure. I don’t drive much these days.
I don't understand why they didn't make the passenger Recaro height adjustable like the drivers side. My wife is 5 foot and putting the seat almost all the way forward helps, but she really can't see over the dash.

I had a 2013 GT Premium convertible with the 6 way power passenger seat and she loved that car, same with my 15. I almost traded in the 13 for a 14 GT500 until I saw the lack of a height adjustable passenger seat. In my excitement to get a 17 GT350 at MSRP, I forgot all about the passenger seat. Why the hell cant Ford make the seat height adjustable across the board? I felt like a real schmuck after getting home with the Shelby and realizing the passenger seat didn't have the height adjuster like the drivers side.

The wife has been good about not saying anything.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I don't understand why they didn't make the passenger Recaro height adjustable like the drivers side. My wife is 5 foot and putting the seat almost all the way forward helps, but she really can't see over the dash.

I had a 2013 GT Premium convertible with the 6 way power passenger seat and she loved that car, same with my 15. I almost traded in the 13 for a 14 GT500 until I saw the lack of a height adjustable passenger seat. In my excitement to get a 17 GT350 at MSRP, I forgot all about the passenger seat. Why the hell cant Ford make the seat height adjustable across the board? I felt like a real schmuck after getting home with the Shelby and realizing the passenger seat didn't have the height adjuster like the drivers side.

I have the vehicle in my sig, and I believe there is no difference between the 17 to 18 besides colours. Certain coulours went away, why others were added.

As for the seats, the convenience package brings the heated/cool electronic seats. The Electronic pack bring recaro's. Are both sides of the convenience fully adjustable ? I do not know, but that's something to look into.

Destro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350

My wife is 5' as well. Same problem here. I make her sit on a stack of old phonebooks. Actually, a seat cushion. Kinda sucks, but she had to do that in her FRS and her C7 in the driver's seat even though it does raise up. So, maybe even if the passenger seat did raise up, it sill may be too low. The passenger dash on the Mustang is a bit high. Short people problems. I have to remind her sometimes that I have tall people problems. Can never find a damn XL shirt that is long enough. XXL are usually too baggy. Finding 34 34 pants is a bitch. Constantly banging my head on low hanging dining room lights. I'm 6'

Cars she was good with: The RCF, and our 4Runner. Both have seats that raise up high enough.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
TLDR:

Long version:

With all things being equal and even if I have to pay a little more for a car I always try to purchase locally and that is something that you may consider doing in your case. I have found purchasing vehicle from a distance away can be difficult at times especially when you have an issue with your car.

I think that your idea of seeing one of these cars first in person is very important so hopefully one of the dealerships/local enthusiasts in the Denver area will have one that you and your wife can look at and sit in after which time you can order everything to your liking.

With the 2018's just starting to be produced is there a chance that this dealership can change their order to reflect an AG/White OTT for you?

Chances are if the car is scheduled for down the road the order can be changed to the colors/options of your choice.

Good luck!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
^AG is not available in '18, sadly.

OP
OP

topherchrisb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
With all things being equal and even if I have to pay a little more for a car I always try to purchase locally and that is something that you may consider doing in your case. I have found purchasing vehicle from a distance away can be difficult at times especially when you have an issue with your car.

I think that your idea of seeing one of these cars first in person is very important so hopefully one of the dealerships/local enthusiasts in the Denver area will have one that you and your wife can look at and sit in after which time you can order everything to your liking.

With the 2018's just starting to be produced is there a chance that this dealership can change their order to reflect an AG/White OTT for you?

Chances are if the car is scheduled for down the road the order can be changed to the colors/options of your choice.

Good luck!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yeah unfortunately like Zombo said... AG isn't available in 2018 or I would have already jumped on the 2018 order option. I think I will still take your advice about asking the dealer if I can change the order they do have allocation for to what I'd be seeking from a 2018 model. I don't know why I didn't think about that as a possible option while I was there talking to the sales rep. I'll post an update if I can make the connection tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Hopefully my next post is one of those anticipation posts about checking my order every day to see if there is a status update.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Yeah unfortunately like Zombo said... AG isn't available in 2018 or I would have already jumped on the 2018 order option. I think I will still take your advice about asking the dealer if I can change the order they do have allocation for to what I'd be seeking from a 2018 model. I don't know why I didn't think about that as a possible option while I was there talking to the sales rep. I'll post an update if I can make the connection tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Hopefully my next post is one of those anticipation posts about checking my order every day to see if there is a status update.
Good catch by Zombo with respect to AG not being available for the 2018MY!

Regarding a possible order change for a 2018 car and assuming the dealership can/will change their order what options and colors are you looking to go with?

:)

Sponsored
OP
OP

topherchrisb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Good catch by Zombo with respect to AG not being available for the 2018MY!

Regarding a possible order change for a 2018 car and assuming the dealership can/will change their order what options and colors are you looking to go with?

:)
My last three vehicles have been a dark blue similar to the kona blue. I've felt that color still looks good when it's sparkly clean or slightly dirty. So kona w/black stripes is not completely off the table. That said if I get a GT350 it'll probably never be dirty for a lengthy period of time. With my garage constantly being dusty due to dog/cats going in and out it'll probably be covered when not in use anyway. While using the build and price tool on the Ford site I feel the colors that are more contrasting the black trim pieces look better. So I'm steering toward oxford white but I'm not a fan of the blue stripes. So I'll probably have to go to a shop and have them make some black stripes for me in that case. Either that or go bumblebee style and get triple yellow with black stripes. Yellow might be easier to keep clean too.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
White is not difficult the keep clean at all, in my experience - much easier than Yellow (shows bug splatter more - probably contrast with red).

Maybe OW with black painted roof, and no stripes - add your own black stripes.
CLAng6YWwAAbxGd.jpg
Sponsored