Sponsored

My X4 device reads knock sensor 0 all the time

kms0567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I did the oil change and swapped to UPR single valve separator from JLT catch can yesterday and I am starting to hear a knocking sound again.
I had the tick sound for a while, but it kinda sounds different this time. And I was trying to use my x4 device to check on the knock sensor, but it was reading 0 all the time because of the ford calibration that came with power pack3.
Is there anyway to make this sensor come back up again? And would this noise be just a tick that I used to hear before or something else? Not sure if its because of an oil change or the new UPR separator.
Sponsored

strongholdsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FPP3 calibration switches the knock from GLOBAL to PER CYL and thus the global KNOCK is not shown anymore. You would need to log knock per cylinder which is not possible with you logger.

Those tunes from Ford are...very conservative. Get yourself a custom tune.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
FPP3 calibration switches the knock from GLOBAL to PER CYL and thus the global KNOCK is not shown anymore. You would need to log knock per cylinder which is not possible with you logger.

conservative or not, PBD in MotoIQ's testings said that Ford's tune is already getting most of the power and that custom tunes wont do much.

However, if you ever go e85, LTH, etc then custom tune is a must.

strongholdsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
conservative or not, PBD in MotoIQ's testings said that Ford's tune is already getting most of the power and that custom tunes wont do much.

Picked up 20HP over FRPP tune with tweaking the timing only so...

Sponsored

OP
OP

kms0567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt

Thank you. I guess I just gotta hope that its not a knock that is comimg from my car.

OP
OP

kms0567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt

Pretty close enough, I am getting LTH and a tune.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’m having an issue with my 2019 Mustang GT FBO E85 not reading knock sensor. Data logs reading zero. Help me. Can’t move on with my nitrous build until I get this figured out.

Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
I have this same issue with certain PIDs on my 2022. I don’t think SCT has the correct PIDs figured out yet. I tried bypassing the DLC in hopes it was blocking some packets but that did not fix it. You could try sending them a message, I just switched to a different datalogging method.

Edit: didn’t realize this was a bumped ancient thread. My bad

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
SMS2022 what different data logging are you using?
PCMTec but you have to have a PCMTec tune to use it so it probably won’t help you. Forscan has some basic datalogging abilities though.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I’m having an issue with my 2019 Mustang GT FBO E85 not reading knock sensor. Data logs reading zero. Help me. Can’t move on with my nitrous build until I get this figured out.
You want to log knock_spark on Gen 3 cars.
Sponsored