Sponsored

My White Ecoboost Mustang. (high quality SLR Photographs)

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Oxford White
It seems really nice but near identical to MMR and MMR is a straight pipe 1 piece with no weld in the middle but this seems a little easier to install then MMR
Sponsored

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
It seems really nice but near identical to MMR and MMR is a straight pipe 1 piece with no weld in the middle but this seems a little easier to install then MMR

They are similar but the MMR takes a different path to the filter sitting much higher and uses a large diameter filter requiring the removal of the wheel well to install the filter. Also the MMR is held in place with a bracket attached to the engine. the FFTec uses a bracket that is much more hidden and attaches to the frame using an existing hole. I just like the FFTec because of the single straight pipe and no visible bracket just a little cleaner.

Anthony@FFtec

Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS300
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

AWESOMEE!!! Glad you got the system installed! Let us know more once you get more seat time with it!

Keep in mind, our system is also modular, for use with our upcoming turbo system as well.. no need to buy a new intake system -- this helps keep turbo system cost down as well! :thumbsup::cool::D

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick update.. I've still not made the Vid. I've Been traveling a a lot for work lately but that is done and I can finally catch up. I was planning on making a video this morning but there is a blizzard right now so conditions are less than ideal. Got to say I love how this sounds. With the window cracked open you can hear the turbo get angry and spool and the blow off woosh after you let off. Also its a lot easier to handle in the slick stuff being able to hear the turbo before it gets deep into boost and modulate the throttle. Also I do believe the car is getting better mileage but I'll know for sure next week when I drive to work on my normal schedule so I can compare. Logs that I've taken show the inlet temps seem to be about the same as stock possibly a little better depending on the situation.

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
Looking forward to seeing your times, been checking out some Ultimate Racing stuff myself. I want to keep mine quiet so i'm thinking of doing a catted downpipe, their Inlet pipe, and either Ultimate or Full Race intercooler and charge pipe kit. Cobb AP for tuning and that should be enough for me, will take a while to do it so probably start with the tune and inlet pipe first.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok just a quick update. Got a 2nd promotion at work and lots of traveling. Until the past week I've just been driving the car daily and the only change since the last post was just an oil change to Rotella T6. Today for giggles I removed the muffler section of the UR exhaust and welded up a quick 3" turndown to replace it. Lots of fun being super loud but it will get annoying. Since the UR stuff is all 2 bolt flanges it makes these swaps super simple. I'll have to make a new video of it as well. Now that I have some time from work I'll be installing the DP and play with a bit of water/Meth injection just to see how it works with the intake charge on the stock IC.

kevin4052002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
I hate to admit this publicly, but I really like the implementation of the fake left tip on your Ultimate exhaust. I really, really hate cars with dual-cut bumpers that switch to single exhausts without solving that gaping hole. Great work so far!

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK I installed the DP this morning.. taking a break for Lunch now but I decided to fire the car up dumping out of the DP and Damn its mean sounding with loads of screaming turbo. I'll post up a video in a bit of it idling dumping out of the DP.

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ohh yeah DP is installed.

Also the video of the car with the dumped DP.

[ame]

Lastly. I installed a Valved breather oil cap. it has a check valve so it only vents when there is positive crankcase pressure and you can tell when its venting because it makes a rattling noise. I picked it up from C-F-M and it looks good and hear it rattling away venting a lot.

Edit 05/25 updated pics of the Breather with the engine cover on.

Next will be the Mishimoto FMIC once its released.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Few pics.. also just wanted to point out. the Breather works with the stock engine cover. I just updated the original pics with new ones with the engine cover in place.

now just some fresh engine shots. I had someone PM asking for shots of the engine with and without the cover.

Also I still just don't get this but behind the hood liner is a pony logo stamped into the hood. seems strange to stamp it and then completely cover it. I don't need to stinking hood liner though. I prefer to hear all the noise the car makes.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Did you ever get a new clip with the entire turboback on the car by any chance?

Also that pony is supposed to be visible on the top of the hood. When its cold the frost is supposed to melt there last or something. No idea if it works.

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever get a new clip with the entire turboback on the car by any chance?

Also that pony is supposed to be visible on the top of the hood. When its cold the frost is supposed to melt there last or something. No idea if it works.

No video yet.. Wanted to clear up the smoking thing at idle first. Hoping to get a new video over the weekend.. bare minimum I'll do a quick one on my lunch break in the parking garage. I love... love how the car sound now. it is quiet when you are out of boost with a good amount of turbo sound but as soon as you are in boost it has a nice grunt from the exhaust.

Plan on that E30 tune from MAP or a Meth injection setup. I have a Devils Own Water/Meth setup sitting in a box now just haven't made up my mind on it yet.

I've not seen the pony on the hood at all and I've not had the liner on there since the 1st week I've had the car.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Maybe it only works with the liner in place. :shrug:

Looking forward to hearing how it sounds. I'm not using the UR system for my car, but will be using a single 3" with resonator and catless DP.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
I really like that breather on the oil cap. Have you noticed any oil vapor in the general area?

I've been considering to do a wire tuck on this car, after seeing everything in a white engine bay I may have to pass haha

McCarthy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
I've never seen the pony on the hood in all my cold winter startups... Assuming 14's had them as well, which I believe they do.
Sponsored