Sponsored

my switchbacks have an issue

iffiamj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM
just installed my switchbacks.

the switchbacks keep flickering. what seems to be the issue?

check the video

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]vrO-ZcMmGbg[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

FLSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red w/ Whip 2.9 737/553
I had the same problem with one of mine. They sent me a replacement bulb and returned the defective. No issues since. Double check to make sure they are secure first, if so then call up D/D. 3 year warranty on bulbs. Good luck!

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Like FLStang suggested, make sure they are installed correctly in the socket. If you are still having issues, please give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Our customer service team will make sure you are taken care of

Thanks,
Nick C.

OP
OP
iffiamj

iffiamj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM
Like FLStang suggested, make sure they are installed correctly in the socket. If you are still having issues, please give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Thanks,
Nick C.
Hi Nick,

I would be happy to call, but i live in Dubai. Is there anything else i should look at apart from making sure they are fastened well? Have you seen such an issue before? Anything else i should look for that needs to be addressed to ?:shrug:

T.DUKES

DRIVER
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
Mine are doing the same thing. I called them Thursday to see what I should do about it and he instructed me to take them out and make sure they are installed properly, and make sure the two prongs are bent out enough to make good contact. I will give this a try and will post the outcome. I would imagine that after spending $80.00 on bulbs that DD would be happy to replace them if I continue to have the issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
iffiamj

iffiamj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM
Mine are doing the same thing. I called them Thursday to see what I should do about it and he instructed me to take them out and make sure they are installed properly, and make sure the two prongs are bent out enough to make good contact. I will give this a try and will post the outcome. I would imagine that after spending $80.00 on bulbs that DD would be happy to replace them if I continue to have the issue.
Please take pics of what you end up doing to the pins. I was asked to do the same first and I looked into every pin in detail. I even switched the left bulb to the right side and vice versa, but the lights still flicker after a few minutes. :(

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
We just have to make sure it's not a pin-alignment issue with the bulb in the actual socket. If you've checked that and the issue persists, we will issue warranty replacements.

Please contact us directly if you are having issues: (314) 205-3033

Thanks,
Nick C.

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Mine did the same thing yesterday when I installed mine. The pins were bent a little, so I used pliers and straightened them out and so far they aren't flickering.

gzstang

Who's stang? It's gzstang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance pack
Vehicle Showcase
I had one switchback where the amber led was on all the time and it caused the rear taillight on the same side go completely out. Luckily I didn't get pulled over and ticketed. They warrantied the switchback and the replacement is doing ok so far but I carry the stock bulbs with me as I don't trust the switchbacks now which is pretty sad for the money I spent.

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I had the issue as well. Pulled the bulb out and shoved it back in, no problem since that I know of. Only noticed it when I was behind someone, saw it off their reflection.

Sponsored
OP
OP
iffiamj

iffiamj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM
just installed my switchbacks.

the switchbacks keep flickering. what seems to be the issue?

check the video

I have just been communicated by Nick from Diode dynamics, and they have shipped me another replacement of light bulbs plus resistors. Hope the replacements work. Will keep you guys updated.

Also kudos to diode dynamics, so far best customer service i have experienced yet.

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
I'm having a similar issue; my lights are flickering between white and orange, for one bulb, and the other completely knocked out my tail light and doesn't work. I pulled them out and put the stock ones back in, I couldn't believe for the money spent I would have something like this happen.

That being said, Nick I've sent you a PM with regards to this

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I'm having a similar issue; my lights are flickering between white and orange, for one bulb, and the other completely knocked out my tail light and doesn't work. I pulled them out and put the stock ones back in, I couldn't believe for the money spent I would have something like this happen.

That being said, Nick I've sent you a PM with regards to this
The tail light issue is a TSB issued by Ford.

Our team has put a great deal of time and effort into the design of these bulbs.

We will get you taken care of, and send replacements if needed.

Please give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

Art_Boy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Blue Mustang GT
My switchbacks with 5000K HID's.

I noticed my switchbacks flash once in awhile when the engine is not running but are OK with the engine running. Will take them out and check the connection on them.
lights.jpg

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the switchback on the passenger side that flickered the other night and now is out. I'll check it out when I get a chance. Will put factory yellow back in socket to be sure it isnt a socket issue first.
Sponsored