OP
OP
RobMJ

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Finally fitted my DRL and Side LED's thanks to some advice from [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION]

Side's with the wheel arch lining pinned back behind wheel and indicator bulb removed the side I did with my right hand was easy the other side (left hand) took a bit longer.

DRL's guys I have a confession I was trying to fit the bulbs purchased into the fog light holder and not the DRL fitting below. Once I realised what a plank I was it took no time at all to fit! :headbonk::crazy:

Will try to get a pic later along with my smoked DD LED sides. I've not even been out to my car in the dark yet to look at Pony reflection etc.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RobMJ

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Ok so I love the running Pony on the front but I didn't want chrome and the black does look ace but wanted to see it more. So today I picked up my Pony's from the paint shop which have been sprayed Magnetic then lacquered.

Poor pics as my cameras at the office.

DD Smoked LED's

Still got my Steeda struts and UPR Catch can to go on but off on hols for 2 weeks. Will miss my Mustang as I've only had 3 weeks.

No doubt I will be browsing wheels while away now!

Cheers

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That looks brilliant mate, very tasteful...subtle but stands out at the same time. Good work

OP
OP
RobMJ

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
That looks brilliant mate, very tasteful...subtle but stands out at the same time. Good work
Cheers matey, really pleased with it, ties in the whole gloss Black/Magnetic of the roof, mirror caps and 5.0 badges.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Yeh, I am liking the Pony. Nice subtle touch and better than black (imo).
Like you number plate as well. Do the letters mean anything (to you) or just random? Sorry if you have already answered this elsewhere!

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Looks like a good paint job and it looks the business on the car :thumbsup:
How did you go about detaching and reattaching, cos the front's a bitch as I remember it and I can't think the rear would be any easier!?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Like you number plate as well. Do the letters mean anything (to you) or just random? Sorry if you have already answered this elsewhere!

Agreed, think I might do the same with mine once my car is back up and running. :)

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
How did you go about detaching and reattaching, cos the front's a bitch as I remember it and I can't think the rear would be any easier!?
I was wondering the same, when you look at badge removal vids they all seem to show snapping the plastic pins. I have picked a design I want from a US company called AutoBadges - they are hand airbrushed (if that makes sense) so a new Pony will be on the front with blacked out 5.0 badges also. Then some rear light tints and we should be full on stealth mode

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Very nice Rob.

Now I need to decide what to do about my black front pony emblem (which is still in the box, on a shelf, in the garage).

mkforks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang v8 r/h/d to come
side repeaters

Tonight I fitted rear LED reverse lights, piece of cake and wish the front lot were!

Wired up my DD dark smoke LED side repeaters, joined them to number plate wires. Took me 2 goes as I was guessing which was live. Then they didn't work but realised LED's were not plugged into plugs on the end of the cable :frusty: took about 1.5 hours and made sure all cables are tied away from exhaust.

Well pleased with them considering the amber non light up reflectors are bit of a joke really on a 36k car.

Will get some pics at some point.

Then took neighbor/mate out for a 40 minute hoon, he loved it and was pleasantly surprised about speed and overall quality of the Mustangs S550's. We visited a multi-storey car park which was extremely childish but fecking great fun!!!
where did the dark side repeaters come from
cant find them on diode dynamics website and how did u wire them

Sponsored
OP
OP
RobMJ

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Cheers Steve, I agree on the subtle and think it's turned out well. No not been asked before, the V8 reg was given to me by my Dad's mate, he knew I got the E92 M3 so said I should have it. In my head the LKM stands for Like Mustangs :headbonk:

Paint job is spot on I have used them before, both easy really, front remove radiator cover and put your hand behind badge and just snap the 3 pins. The UPR badges has the same pins and slots in with tape all ready on so sticks nicely. Rear I cut the slots off with a craft knife, filed them down a bit then used a little more 3M double sided tape as the Pony is not flush on the back. Then offered it up with bluetak made some marks with masking tape then stuck it on.

I did also make some measurements to ensure it was centered.

Agreed, think I might do the same with mine once my car is back up and running. :)
Excellent, pleased you like it, I went out on a limb as I hadn't seen it anywhere else and it seems to be getting the :thumbsup:

I was wondering the same, when you look at badge removal vids they all seem to show snapping the plastic pins. I have picked a design I want from a US company called AutoBadges - they are hand airbrushed (if that makes sense) so a new Pony will be on the front with blacked out 5.0 badges also. Then some rear light tints and we should be full on stealth mode
Sounds sweet, I just wanted rid of all chrome and to match it to how the car is now.

Very nice Rob.

Now I need to decide what to do about my black front pony emblem (which is still in the box, on a shelf, in the garage).
Paint shop is in Melksham and charged me £30 for doing it :thumbsup: let me know if you want his details.

OP
OP
RobMJ

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
where did the dark side repeaters come from
cant find them on diode dynamics website and how did u wire them
I bought mine directly from them, there is a drop down bar to select smoke but if there not on now they may be out of stock.

Well @Gibbo gave a pretty good description of how to do it but in short, drop the rear license plate bulb holders, cut wire to them, tap into them with the wires leading the side LED's feed wires through each side first. Get underneath and cable tie them to keep away from exhaust. The refelectors are pretty easy to remove from under the car. Pop new ones in and plug wires to LED bulb then push into reflector. :headbang:

mkforks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang v8 r/h/d to come
I bought mine directly from them, there is a drop down bar to select smoke but if there not on now they may be out of stock.

Well @Gibbo gave a pretty good description of how to do it but in short, drop the rear license plate bulb holders, cut wire to them, tap into them with the wires leading the side LED's feed wires through each side first. Get underneath and cable tie them to keep away from exhaust. The refelectors are pretty easy to remove from under the car. Pop new ones in and plug wires to LED bulb then push into reflector. :headbang:
when u look on the dd website it looks like the side markers are made for the us car which is lighted
is there a plug on the uk that plugs into the sidemarkers because the dd ones look like there is no plug supplied
if not will water not get in them

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Oh yeah and a side shot requested by @Gibbo

As mentioned my cameras at work so a poor phone pic is all I have. Happy with how it sits.
Damn, that is so nice
Sponsored