OP
OP
RobMJ

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
I've said it already, but what a beauty!

Congrats.
We must meet meet up Tom, give a us shout if you have any days off or a weekend so we can be noisy around Wilts!

That is one beautifully prepped car :thumbsup:

[whisper] And despite what they'll tell you they're all jealous of Magnetic... [/whisper] ;)
Cheers :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Holy moly Rob that looks great! Makes me ordering my new car with a gloss black roof a done deal lol

OP
OP
RobMJ

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Holy moly Rob that looks great! Makes me ordering my new car with a gloss black roof a done deal lol
Cheers Jaime, thank you so much for all your help and can't wait to see your 2017 Magnetic. :thumbsup::headbang:

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
We must meet meet up Tom, give a us shout if you have any days off or a weekend so we can be noisy around Wilts!
Sounds good.

If not before hand, I'm looking at going to the next Berkshire meet (17th July). Would be cool to get there in a mini convoy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RobMJ

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Sounds good.

If not before hand, I'm looking at going to the next Berkshire meet (17th July). Would be cool to get there in a mini convoy.
Tom I would have been so up for this as its not that far from us but fly out on the 16th for family holiday, Defo try to meet up asap though.

OP
OP
RobMJ

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
I'm really liking this car, took a few friends and family out this weekend and a nice run to Surrey and back. Finally pushed it hard and I just love it. The exhaust sounds bloody fantastic and I would happily pay twice the amount for this sound.

I still haven't got round to completing the bits I've got to go on the car and I'm away again this weekend but did do the black Barton built reverse lock out. For anyone doing this I found changing the steering wheel easier than doing it!

I think it looks much nicer than stock and feels a lot better to touch.

Ok booked car in for next Monday to have my Eibach Sportline Performance Spring Kit and Eibach 25mm Spacers fitted. £200 cash which i think seems ok? I will then be taking it to have 4 wheel alignment done, does anyone know what spec I should have it set to please as I have never lowered a car before.

Perhaps [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] would know please?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Check out this thread of his.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46118

It's in his first post (OEM spec and then his spec for comparison). It's a good read and really useful
Cheers buddy.

To align the front you will need BMR camber bolts, otherwise when lowered you will have way to much negative camber.

On the rear our cars already have adjustment, any decent garage should have no trouble, check my thread as I posted ideal fast road alignment setups to use. :)

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Not to hijack this thread asking questions about my car...

however, in your opinion, if I put BMR minimum drop performance springs on the front, will I still need an alignment (camber bolts)?

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Not to hijack this thread asking questions about my car...

however, in your opinion, if I put BMR minimum drop performance springs on the front, will I still need an alignment (camber bolts)?

Might get away with it, in short the lower you go naturally the more negative camber you gain. On a front engine, RWD car rear camber should always be a little more than front camber.

I personally feel you will be fine with minimum drop springs as factory is -1 or a tad less, so it should put you just over -1.00 which is ideal for front camber, on a road car ideally you want to keep it sub -1.50 or on some alignment machines -1:30. :)

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
[MENTION=13930]RobMJ[/MENTION] - whereabouts in Wiltshire are you mate ?

Visiting my daughter in Chippenham the weekend so will keep my eyes peeled !

OP
OP
RobMJ

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Check out this thread of his.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46118

It's in his first post (OEM spec and then his spec for comparison). It's a good read and really useful
Thanks Tom, yes I should have looked at this thread, sorry i'm a numpty :headbonk:

Cheers buddy.

To align the front you will need BMR camber bolts, otherwise when lowered you will have way to much negative camber.

On the rear our cars already have adjustment, any decent garage should have no trouble, check my thread as I posted ideal fast road alignment setups to use. :)
Thank you Gibbo, perhaps I should send you a PM as I'm struggling to take the info in due to never doing this before. :thumbsup:

[MENTION=13930]RobMJ[/MENTION] - whereabouts in Wiltshire are you mate ?

Visiting my daughter in Chippenham the weekend so will keep my eyes peeled !
My office is in Melksham so not far from Chippenham but I'm away this weekend, [MENTION=15536]MrWolf[/MENTION] lives near there I think so you may bump into him :thumbsup:

OP
OP
RobMJ

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Picked car up yesterday after the Eibach Sportline Performance Spring Kit and 25mm Spacers where fitted. Very happy with this as the wheel arch gap annoyed me and I'm sort of focusing on how the car looks at present. The chap also fitted my Steeda clutch spring which is an improvement and a very cheap mod. I will be doing BMR cradle lock out kit and possibly sway bars etc. The ride is perhaps 5–10% harder but still not harsh by any means. Sits better on acceleration and seems to corner sharper due to lower centre of gravity.

Forgot about my boot mat so put that in the other day.

Combo shot of GT350 wheel and Barton built and knob :eye bulge:

Will be changing my deck lid this coming week and hopefully finally getting around to changing all the lights to LED's.

Does anyone know where I can find my paint code please or anyone know the code for Magnetic?

Cheers
Sponsored