Sponsored

My long-awaited EURO Mustang EcoBoost: please welcome The Italian Pony!

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
Congratulations on the new Mustang. She's a beauty. Can I suggest you change the name to "The Italian Stallion"? Stallone says it is O.K..
Sponsored

Northern Stallion

Pony car/stallion guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6 Mustang Fastback
:thumbsup:Congratulations! Nice post on the difference/comparison of the EU model.

And i agree with P51Guy and Stallone (haha, good one) you should be the Italian Stallion ;)

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
EU regulations are so stupid sometimes :doh::headbonk:

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Congratulations from Portugal!
I'm also waiting for my ecoboost race red that I ordered almost one month ago.

I'm also disapointed by the lack of tri bar DRL, but even more by Ford using a halogen lamp for DRL, how lame.

There are several aftermarket P13W LED DRL lights, but as I had a previous experience trying to replace halogen P13W DRL lights in a Mitsubishi Outlander, those do not fit.

I saw a lamp that fits (and is advertised as so), a Konik P13W Cree led DRL with a slimmer profile, but it's rather expensive and sold in... Australia.

Anyone knows where to buy those lamps in Europe?

Thanks.

Sponsored

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016, BMW F11 M kit 2013, Seat Ateca 2017, Volvo T8 2019
me too would have preferred black rims but after seeing in person the differences, I'm glad to choose the custom pack :)
You can find a thread where me and a friend compared the same car with and without custom pack.
Papinist what is that friend called?
Will be easier than to find it. Thx!

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Congratulations on the new Mustang. She's a beauty. Can I suggest you change the name to "The Italian Stallion"? Stallone says it is O.K..
:thumbsup:Congratulations! Nice post on the difference/comparison of the EU model.

And i agree with P51Guy and Stallone (haha, good one) you should be the Italian Stallion ;)
You're right, but I want to save the term 'stallion' for a future upgrade to the 5.0 V8 :D (yah I'm dreaming that italian government will have compassion of car guys.. but this won't happen :\)

Papinist what is that friend called?
Will be easier than to find it. Thx!
it's tarnisil. This is the thread: Italian Pony Twins

Thank you all guys for the sweet words! Maybe it seems stupid, but even small things like having the possibility to buy a 'fun' car always confined in the US, it's something that restore some faith in humanity :D

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016, BMW F11 M kit 2013, Seat Ateca 2017, Volvo T8 2019
it's tarnisil. This is the thread: Italian Pony Twins
thx 4 the link Papinist!
Both cars are beautiful but I got a preference from the outside for the one from Tarnisil (no offence) and your's from the inside ... !

But this makes me wonder what I ordered ...
I took also the race red not with premium but with all of the options of the premium so parking help, the premium sound & gps and the heated/cooled seats as my dealer explained you then had the same except the chrome trims and chrome around the windows.
If I now have the basic seats with cooling/heating very stupid as I did not need that option and only took it to have the premium seats. :frusty:
Then I could have much better taken the Recaro but that will be late as my car should leave States Sunday ...

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I must have missed this when you 1st posted, but congrats on your Pony!

I lived in northern Italy (Aviano) for 3 years in the late 90's and absolutely loved it. Beautiful area, great food, nice people. The thought of taking a Mustang through some of those narrow city streets is a bit hair raising though. :)

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
thx 4 the link Papinist!
Both cars are beautiful but I got a preference from the outside for the one from Tarnisil (no offence) and your's from the inside ... !

But this makes me wonder what I ordered ...
I took also the race red not with premium but with all of the options of the premium so parking help, the premium sound & gps and the heated/cooled seats as my dealer explained you then had the same except the chrome trims and chrome around the windows.
If I now have the basic seats with cooling/heating very stupid as I did not need that option and only took it to have the premium seats. :frusty:
Then I could have much better taken the Recaro but that will be late as my car should leave States Sunday ...
Sorry for the late reply, I'm still on vacation [emoji2] but yes, it's your dealer and Ford fault, since nobody told us the real differences until we had to met together in real life with two real cars!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

Sponsored
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I must have missed this when you 1st posted, but congrats on your Pony!

I lived in northern Italy (Aviano) for 3 years in the late 90's and absolutely loved it. Beautiful area, great food, nice people. The thought of taking a Mustang through some of those narrow city streets is a bit hair raising though. :)
Thank you, I'm glad you loved Italy! Yes some narrow street here and there... And unfortunately road maintenance is getting every day worse so thousands of holes are waiting our wheels [emoji36]

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
Looks great. Great choice in color! I bet the color alone gets you mistaken for a ferrari a lot.

It's so weird seeing all the little things ford had to change for the EU market.
I've been wondering the same thing can somebody tell me why the GT hood vents are not included or the central dash gauges in the GT or the eco boost. Makes no sense I can't figure out why?. It's also interesting they get the GT wheels on the performance pack suspension where here that's not the case .
Ron

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
Thank you, I'm glad you loved Italy! Yes some narrow street here and there... And unfortunately road maintenance is getting every day worse so thousands of holes are waiting our wheels [emoji36]

Papinist..pochi domande se no ti da fastidio. Sei Italiano o Americano.? Credo che sei nato in Stati Uniti ma abitando in Italia? Se no.. Complimenti il tuo inglese. Mi sembra un nativo.

Abiti dovè in Toscana? Qual città? Sono curioso. Buona schelta la tua macchina. Manca Italia. I miei amici abitano in Sud di Italia.. Cilento. La Costieri sud di la Costieri Amalfitana. Sono lavorando più qua in California ma voglio abitare in Italia quando sono un pensionato. Un giorno. Sei fortunato abitando in Italia. Geloso :)

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I've been wondering the same thing can somebody tell me why the GT hood vents are not included or the central dash gauges in the GT or the eco boost. Makes no sense I can't figure out why?. It's also interesting they get the GT wheels on the performance pack suspension where here that's not the case .
Ron
Ron, the primary reason for the lack of the vents seems to be the stupid euro pedestrian safety regulation. As you can see from my pics, our hood has a mechanism that will pop out the hood about 10 cm if you hit a pedestrian. If you have hood vents, you can injury him. Yeah as I said, stupid, stupid regulation.

And dash gauges, it could simply be to save money..

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Papinist..pochi domande se no ti da fastidio. Sei Italiano o Americano.? Credo che sei nato in Stati Uniti ma abitando in Italia? Se no.. Complimenti il tuo inglese. Mi sembra un nativo.

Abiti dovè in Toscana? Qual città? Sono curioso. Buona schelta la tua macchina. Manca Italia. I miei amici abitano in Sud di Italia.. Cilento. La Costieri sud di la Costieri Amalfitana. Sono lavorando più qua in California ma voglio abitare in Italia quando sono un pensionato. Un giorno. Sei fortunato abitando in Italia. Geloso :)
Azzurro, sono italiano e nato in Italia! Grazie per i complimenti per la lingua, faccio del mio meglio! Per il resto, ti rispondo volentieri in privato per non andare OT.

I'm italian and I was born in Italy, thanks for your kind words, I'll try my best to let all of you guys understand what I'm saying [emoji2] Other questions, I'll gladly reply to you via PM,to not going OT here!

Sponsored