Sponsored

My long-awaited EURO Mustang EcoBoost: please welcome The Italian Pony!

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
You can't imagine how many people ask me "How could you have bought a Ferrari??!!"
:)
Sponsored

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to the group papinist...

if you ever get the chance to remove the front or rear bumper, please take pictures so those of us in America can see if Ford is using a different bumper support for the rest of the world.

In America the bumper support is extremely heavy.
After some time I finally managed to remove the bumper and send headlights to install tribar led drls!!

I did many photos and want to create specific thread for removing bumper and lights, but I have some pictures that are perfect for this thread.
First of all, as per Schu request, pictures of the front support:

Inside the bumper I found a strange sensor, not reported in all other videos I see for removing bumper:

Guess what? I believe these are the pedestrian impact sensors!

Euro fog light: no led but 'old school' H8 halogen bulb

Despite Ford create these very cool tribar led DRLs, they don't give them to the rest of the world, so we have these small bulbs inside fog light housing (both with the H8 halogen) that are our ugly DRLs..

Different HID ballast (25w instead of 35w)

and different bulb (damn stupid euro regulations)

Since I removed taillights too :D, took some pictures in the trunk:
this should be a key fob antenna

Don't know if US has this too: an FM antenna hidden in the trunk left side!

That's all for now! :cheers:

Last edited:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
So from the looks of this we could easily swap the H8 foglight for a 'xenon look' H8 halogen bulb? I had a set of those in my previous car. They are not an improvement in terms of light efficiency but they did match the xenon headlights better in hue.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
You can easily switch the bulbs, too bad they arent legal here in germany. I will change the whole drl/foglight to a white LED one from Osram (called LEDriving Fog Light) which luckily are allowed here :headbonk:

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
You can easily switch the bulbs, too bad they arent legal here in germany.
Thanks. Here in Holland we get at least our outragious car taxes worth by a government that doesn't really give a damn about what we modify on our cars :cool:

Btw my car's front-end looks exactly like Papinist's at the moment since my head lights are also in Poland, getting the DRL treatment. And with the bumper off it should be a piece of cake to swap out the fog light and parking light bulbs for blue ones. Can't wait for the results.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
I am curious with the Schengen agreement if you modify your vehicle and then drive to another EU country that doesn't allow it can you get cited/pulled over or is it based upon your country of residency/registration?

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
can you get cited/pulled over or is it based upon your country of residency/registration?
Luckily it's the latter. It would be impossible to travel around Europe by modified car otherwise.

Dennis_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2.3 Ecoboost - Fastback - Custom Pack - Magnetic
Schengen = no more border checks, no more checkpoints and you can drive freely into every country. No borders at all. :)

Your car should be legal as it is in the registered country. If the car is registrered in Danmark it has to obey the rules of Danmark. Even if you are driving in another country with different rules.

Sponsored

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016, BMW F11 M kit 2013, Seat Ateca 2017, Volvo T8 2019
Beautiful car and very nice topic with all those good pictures.
Only question is why did you take the alu option instead of black around windows and trims?
Ciao!

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Voodoo077!

The chrome windows trim is included with the euro premium\custom pack, and I want the pack because there were rumors that it will have included better interiors, that when first euro cars were delivered we found it was true :)

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016, BMW F11 M kit 2013, Seat Ateca 2017, Volvo T8 2019
Thanks Voodoo077!

The chrome windows trim is included with the euro premium\custom pack, and I want the pack because there were rumors that it will have included better interiors, that when first euro cars were delivered we found it was true :)
The chrome actually looks nice on your car but I had a preference for the black rimms and black around windows. Took all of the same options as the premium pack and it comes 300€ or so cheaper but different Leather. I do not think the difference is big, I would have prefered it too but not possible.
But more important the other chages you made, make your car even more personal and special :thumbsup:

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
me too would have preferred black rims but after seeing in person the differences, I'm glad to choose the custom pack :)
You can find a thread where me and a friend compared the same car with and without custom pack.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Fantastic news and pics. So glad you waited out the process. ENJOY some backroad hill town drives this spring! Your gonna be a star.
Sponsored