Sponsored

My GT350 was harpooned by a kayak paddle

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Kayak paddle in the middle of the road, and I could not change lanes. I straddled the the paddle, no pun intended, and boom. Must have sucked up against the car and smashed through the rear valance.

I think it missed the rear end cooling unit and cannot tell if it hit anything else. Any guesses on how much this will cost to repair and or if it will show up on a carfax report? Damned thing is six feet long.
Discounting the luck of actually being harpooned, I think you are incredibly luck for that to only hit pierce the valance and miss not only the cooling gear, but fuel tank, fuel lines, etc. Unlucky and lucky at the same time.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
It fell out of the back of a truck, rolled and then smashed itself to bits. I moved way over left as I saw it slide in the truck bed and out it came. The tailgate was still down. Dumbasses.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Lucky it didn t hit the front radiators . I d just replace it and move on without notifying insurance.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Everytime I see a Subaru driving, flannel wearing, bearded millenial, with either a bike on the roof or a canoe that is longer than the car I get the f*** away. Rig something improperly and somebody (or somebody's property) gets hurt. I watched a mattress fly about 20 feet in the air at speed because the purple haired, nose ringed, tatted up girl that looked to weigh as much as a grand piano, couldn't hold it down on the roof of her car any longer (it was a Subaru too) as she traveled down the highway at 56mph in the left lane.
Sadly, I see that all the time here in TX too.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Saw a pickup today with a stack of old wooden pallets piled up in the back. Piled 12 feet high, and held in with a couple ratchet straps :facepalm:

The best part was the single disintegrating pallet wedged to the side with pieces of it flapping in the wind...

Nope. Nope. Nope.
Common sight in metro Dallas/Ft Worth sadly. With wood in short supply, the pallet recyclers are paying good money for them. Go try to buy landscape timbers. The price is thru the roof as the pallet companies are buying them now that 2"x4" s are in tight supply.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Things I’ve seen come off vehicles while riding my motorcycle:
Fridge
circular saws
Ladders
Weed whackers
Coolers
Toolbox
Mattress
I once ran over a pizza delivery sign on the highway at 70 mph (one of those that is strapped to the top of the delivery car). I think it was Dominoes. This was in my 2012 GT and I also couldn't get out of the lane so I straddled it. Dented one of the exhaust pipes on the way through. Luckily didn't puncture the oil pan or anything else. Good thing the GT had more ground clearance. With the GT350 it would have been carnage; the actual sign was plastic but it had a metal mounting frame.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
When I see a boat on a trailer, I stay far away from it. I’ve seen those shitty wheels spin right off some trailer junk. I don’t get spending 100k or more on a boat then getting a shitty trailer.

Sponsored

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
HEY! I'm a millenial and I also own a couple of flannel dress shirts, but that's only because I grew up in Canada and it is part of the national uniform :giggle:
“flannel dress shirt” is an oxymoron 😂

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
In Charleston, just before the 526 Cooper River bridge, eastbound, there is a cement company on the right with an entrance and exit ramp.

To date, I have taken two rocks to the windshield in the exact same spot. When I go through there now, I just slow down or speed up to get far away from vehicles as to not kick up the rocks now.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Wow, nfortunate event!

Glad no one was hurt and not worse than that, because running over something that large at highway speed could have deflected around under the car due to turbulence causing even more damage than received.

But I will say, I think you qualify for:
1633349074823.jpeg

D692D2A8-B568-4555-B91C-A15337C2B372.jpeg

:)