my first hours of ownership

65slotcar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
, 65 fastback , 17 gt 350
A little history of my Ford lifestyle. At 13 years old my neighbor bought a 68 shelby gt350 convertable. I was instantly hooked on Shelbys and Mustangs.
Over the years i could never afford a real Shelby. Had a replica for a short time but not the same. 40 years later my childhood dream came true and today a bought my first Shelby! The first person i had to show is one of my best friends. He owns a 67 Shelby gt350 serial #0067 . He works for a police force
and when he saw my dash shelby number H0211 he said that is the code for robbery (211) i guess i should drive it like i stole it! So in my short drive going home i had 2 different people take pictures at stop lights, one lady passenger gave me a smile and thunbs up and another driver gave me a quick high beam flash when driving behind me. this is a very special car to me and many other people feel the same way. will post some pics soon.

Bill
Sponsored

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Congrats! Great little story about your getting hooked. I'm a bit older & my story is the same . Been thinking of ownership for a 67' for some time now & started paying attention to the current model. With the VooDoo 5.2 I believe this car will be desired for quite awhile.

Have put down some $$$ for an 18' R. Hope it works out.

How many time did you look out the window to see it sitting last night?

Again congrats!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
A little history of my Ford lifestyle. At 13 years old my neighbor bought a 68 shelby gt350 convertable. I was instantly hooked on Shelbys and Mustangs.
Over the years i could never afford a real Shelby. Had a replica for a short time but not the same. 40 years later my childhood dream came true and today a bought my first Shelby! The first person i had to show is one of my best friends. He owns a 67 Shelby gt350 serial #0067 . He works for a police force
and when he saw my dash shelby number H0211 he said that is the code for robbery (211) i guess i should drive it like i stole it! So in my short drive going home i had 2 different people take pictures at stop lights, one lady passenger gave me a smile and thunbs up and another driver gave me a quick high beam flash when driving behind me. this is a very special car to me and many other people feel the same way. will post some pics soon.

Bill
That's great man - hope you enjoy it! What color is she?

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Congrats OP. Great backstory.

As for the following quote, after 1 1/2 years I still open the garage door every so often to check her out.

Again congrats!

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Congrats Bill :cheers:
Great story. I think alot of us were hooked as kids. Dreamed of a Shelby as long as I can remember.... My first car was a 68 coupe, I could only wish to have a Shelby back then.
Welcome and enjoy!!

Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
Congratulations! I like your story. I have a similar one. The first Shelby I saw was a '67 GT350 in my Dad's auto shop. It belonged to a customer of his. I was 10 years old and infatuated. 50 years later, I have a '17 GT350; and I'm infatuated all over again!

They are great cars. I predict your face will begin to hurt as you keep grinning over your new car. I'm still grinning after 6 months of ownership.

OP
OP
65slotcar

65slotcar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
65slotcar

65slotcar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! Great little story about your getting hooked. I'm a bit older & my story is the same . Been thinking of ownership for a 67' for some time now & started paying attention to the current model. With the VooDoo 5.2 I believe this car will be desired for quite awhile.

Have put down some $$$ for an 18' R. Hope it works out.

Again congrats!
yah I had a hard time leaving the garage last night to go to bed. I can't believe I'm at work today. well... need to be here to make that new car payment!

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Congrats, OP! I've had my GT350 for almost a year now, and I still get lots of "thumbs up," waves, people stopping to chat at gas stations, etc., pretty much every single time I drive it. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your car!

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
yah I had a hard time leaving the garage last night to go to bed. I can't believe I'm at work today. well... need to be here to make that new car payment!
Is the car in your avatar yours? Any threads on any forum about it?

Last edited:

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Congrats, and great color choice! I have a Lightning Blue with black stripes, and hope to change to white stripes sometime soon.

OP
OP
65slotcar

65slotcar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Is the car in your avatar yours? Any threads on any forum about it?
not my car in avatar picture, but will be the end result someday. no build thread, but pictures on street or track facebook page. 65 c-code fastback,
351 windsor (now stroker 391) tremec 5 speed , truetrac rear diff 9 inch,389 gears, full roll cage, street or track coil over suspension and brakes.

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Congrats on the New ride! You will not be disappointed!

You don't live that far from me, let me know if you want to do some canyon runs up 9 / Skyline. Well next month when my new one arrives.

El Diablo

Made in USA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Congrats!
I think a lot of Shelby owners got hooked when we were kids. Now we own them as adults.

Enjoy your baby.
Let's see some pics.
Sponsored