car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
15000 kms (10K miles) rings in no 1 broken. Bit disappointing but Ford are doing the right thing and replacing the motor. And given me a decent car to use during the 6 weeks wait. I dont know what caused it - I had just completed a 9000 km trip across Australia (Perth to Sydney and back) with no problems. I was driving along low speed and felt a thump and everything seemed normal but heard the noise and vibration at idle.
Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
15000 kms (10K miles) rings in no 1 broken. Bit disappointing but Ford are doing the right thing and replacing the motor. And given me a decent car to use during the 6 weeks wait. I dont know what caused it - I had just completed a 9000 km trip across Australia (Perth to Sydney and back) with no problems. I was driving along low speed and felt a thump and everything seemed normal but heard the noise and vibration at idle.
Good luck - so yellow is still available on the 19s downunder?

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Actually took delivery in 19 we tend to say 19 model. Its really a 18 built lat 2018. I think it was one of the last yellows - I really like the colour. Parts are building up at home waiting for its return...

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
RIP. I hope your contribution to beta testing helps them figure out the bugs for the final release.

Sponsored

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Hopefully your replacement wont be as problematic.
yes thats on my mind - which is why I'.m wondering do I need to warm up motor more than I have been - I always drive slowly until temp comes up etc. What can I do different to avoid a repeat?

Reactions: A7X

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
yes thats on my mind - which is why I'.m wondering do I need to warm up motor more than I have been - I always drive slowly until temp comes up etc. What can I do different to avoid a repeat?
Tell ford to put in a Gen2. lol :):):):)

Reactions: car
OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
I'm reduced to driving the AMG GTS.
merc1.jpg
merc2.jpg

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Let the oil temps get in the green, and then beat on that motor. Take it to the red-line occasionally, push it hard and then back off it. Then push it hard again, and then back off it. DO NOT baby the motor.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Tell ford to put in a Gen2. lol :):):):)
There are a lot of die hard fan boys for the Gen 3 Coyote,but here is just another example of it being sub par to Gen 1/2 Gen Coyote engines.Very SAD, Ford really dropped the ball on this engine.
Sponsored