Sponsored

My audio install thread. Shaker complete overhaul.

stone36441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Just a thought - if you are looking for a remote turn-on signal source, the power going to the 12v power point (cig lighter) would be where I would start.

For one, you can configure the timeout for it in FORScan. By default it's like fifteen minutes or something, but I have mine set to one second. The timeout countdown starts when you turn off the car and open the driver's side door. So when you set it to one second, it's effectively identical to what the car's stereo is doing.
Can you elaborate on how you did this? I'm looking to get away gettin the signal sense turn on as well.
Sponsored

stone36441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
With FORScan. See the Modifying As-Build Data Guide thread.
Sorry I wasn't very clear. I have already used forscan and made signal changes. My question is should have been more detailed as I wax wandering if you ran the remote wire behind the cigarette lighter or to designated fuse? Also which code change did you make in forscan? I have the code sheet but it says the default is 74 minutes. Thank you for your help and input.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Sorry I wasn't very clear. I have already used forscan and made signal changes. My question is should have been more detailed as I wax wandering if you ran the remote wire behind the cigarette lighter or to designated fuse? Also which code change did you make in forscan? I have the code sheet but it says the default is 74 minutes. Thank you for your help and input.
I didn't actually do this mod for a remote amp turn on, I just said that's where I'd start.

I believe the hex for that section of as-built, when converted to decimal, is the number of seconds before timing out.

The default is 1194 in hex, which converts to 4500 in decimal, 4500/60 = 75 minutes.

I set mine to 0001 for use with a radar detector if nothing else. That's one second. Don't use 0000, from what I recall that disables the timeout and it's always on.

Example:

726-39-01 - 1194 xxxx xxxx

or

726-39-01 - 0001 xxxx xxxx

Note that if you don't see 1194 there by default, the location in the as-built may have changed if you have a newer car. Ford changes up the as-built every several years depending on the module. This is confirmed working on 2015-17 at least.

stone36441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I didn't actually do this mod for a remote amp turn on, I just said that's where I'd start.

I believe the hex for that section of as-built, when converted to decimal, is the number of seconds before timing out.

The default is 1194 in hex, which converts to 4500 in decimal, 4500/60 = 75 minutes.

I set mine to 0001 for use with a radar detector if nothing else. That's one second. Don't use 0000, from what I recall that disables the timeout and it's always on.

Example:

726-39-01 - 1194 xxxx xxxx

or

726-39-01 - 0001 xxxx xxxx

Note that if you don't see 1194 there by default, the location in the as-built may have changed if you have a newer car. Ford changes up the as-built every several years depending on the module. This is confirmed working on 2015-17 at least.
Thank you

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just installed the same Morel setup and was curious if anyone has the crossover settings you used?

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Why not measure and set them accordingly yourself?
Sponsored