Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
OP, I've noticed this too. Dealer here in Baltimore had 3 GT's and an Ecoboost. Ecoboost sold within a few days, but those GT's haven't moved since I saw them there about three weeks ago.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
My dealership has received 2 ecoboosts and 2 GTs. Both of the ecoboosts have sold as well as one of the GTs (mine).

As of a week ago, a nearby dealership had received the same number and distribution of new Mustangs and they still had all 4. They may have sold some of them since then, but if so the cars are still on the dealership website.

KARR_956

Magnetic Mania
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edson
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang v6
Well, here in deep south Texas, they are selling like pancakes! The dealers are actually requiring a credit check before you are allowed to test drive a Mustang to keep miles low on their cars.

rktsnk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The one I test drove way back on October 11 is still available. Nobody, including me, is going to buy a Mustang in Fall in Michigan. I am waiting for Spring. If Ford could have had these cars out in August, I would probably be driving one right now.
Same here. Out in Illinois. I've test driven and fully decided on a 2015 GT Premium with PP, DIB, however I'll wait through the winter. Since I'm getting the PP I'm not going to use it as a winter daily driver, so I'm not going to get much enjoyment out of driving it until winter passes. I will just wait until maybe mid / late Feb to place my order or start looking. At least that's what I keep telling myself... I can wait...I swear I can. :D

Sponsored

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Not sure if it is standard practice but the ones sitting on lots here (and I usually only see 1 or 2) are loaded with some useless and pricey options imo. 43K for a GT is too much for most people imo.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
14's are flying off the lots here (literally) No dealerships have any 15's in. Not expecting any until early or mid december.

akwal07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang kona blue v6
They are moving very slow here in the bay area I think one dealer sold 2/6 but the 2 were there for 2 weeks each.no markups either and 0 ecoboosts sold (1 six and one gt)

The other dealer has a misaligned gt not sure if anyone bought it and a six unbought

When I looked at the scion tcs when they remodeled them they were selling like crazy. I went to the dealer and 3 people left with new ones and the one I looked at was bought by another dealership.

Chris95GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
My dealer has had about a dozen so far, and none have sat on the lot more than 3 or 4 days. The salesman had to guard mine and hide the keys to keep everyone else's hands off it!

RussTKD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Two other GTs arrived the day mine showed up. I thought I was going to have the first 2015 Mustang from my dealer and in my area.

I was third.

Sponsored

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
I am kind of surprised at how long it is taking to sell the early dealer stock coupes. The Guard PP I test drove on 10/15 is still unsold along with a Race Red GT which arrived shortly after. Is anyone else noticing this...may have a lot to do with our climate here in the north perhaps.
I would have paid sticker price 44k for the one dealer that is local but they wanted 55k.... 10k over sticker.... That's why I didn't buy and more than likely they are hoping to hold out and make a good profit since they are scarce. Pissed me off...

SWLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A dealer here has sold 5 GT's but the ecoboost race red pp they have has sat for a month, and there are no mark ups. But the other dealer here hasn't even gotten 1 in yet.

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
My dealer has gotten 2 GT's and 1 EB. One GT has been there since 10/24, the other GT and EB have been there since 10/30. Another nearby dealer has also had a GT since 10/30

joevsw0rld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Still haven't seen one in the wild here in SoCal! Seems like the South and Midwest is getting alot of allocation.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
There are three of my friends (including me) that are all waiting to purchase because of the reviews. The constant stream of bad news didnt help. All three of us went from getting ready to drop money on a 2015 GT to waiting on the 2016 GT350 or 2016 Camaro.

Im not being negative nancy and Im not bashing the car. I'm just being honest about how the reviews were perceived by many of the "car guys".
In the end, the only review that counts is the buyers. If you buy your cars based on what somebody else had to say about it, you need to have your "car guy" card revoked.
Sponsored