Sponsored

2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP - Sitting on dealer lot - What to check?

technocrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red EB Premium
Hi All,

I came across a 2016 Premium + Performance Pack with less than 10 kms (Canada) and the price is obviously very good.

Its listed under their used car inventory but I guess that's just to make their new inventory look good.

What things should I check? Tires, Battery, What about warranty, would it be effective as of sale date or 2016?

Some more information -

6 spd auto, PP with 3.55 gear ratio(what difference should i expect vs the regular?) with 19 inch wheel.Navigation, Reverse sensing package, Black roof, Sync 3

To give some background, I used to own a 15 Eco Premium in US which I stupidly sold before moving to Canada :frusty:

Anyways, any help in checking out this car would be great, thanks
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say to check all the fluids on top of the tires and battery, warranty is based on first sale date (potentially back in 2015 then).

3.55s are stock for the Eco PP, compared to 3.15s or 3.31s it would feel (and be) a little faster in acceleration, have lower top speed.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
3.55s are stock for the Eco PP, compared to 3.15s or 3.31s it would feel (and be) a little faster in acceleration, have lower top speed.
Actually it will have a significantly higher top speed. The non PP cars are electronically limited to 121 mph and the PP cars aren't, they can reach ~150 mph.

OP
OP
technocrat

technocrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red EB Premium
Thanks guys, looks like its not a brand new car, they had a wrong odo picture :doh:

LOL, anyways will keep looking for old stock cars :D

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Actually it will have a significantly higher top speed. The non PP cars are electronically limited to 121 mph and the PP cars aren't, they can reach ~150 mph.
Disregarding the limiter (aka after any tune), the numerically higher gears have a lower top speed

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Disregarding the limiter (aka after any tune), the numerically higher gears have a lower top speed
It's more complicated than that, whether it is 3.08, 3.31 or 3.55 gears the theoretical top speed at redline is over 200 mph. The ecoboost motor just does not make enough power to get anywhere near 200 mph regardless of the rear end ratio.

The actual top speed is going to be determined by the combination of rear end ratio, transmission gear ratio and where it puts the rpm in relation to the power band. I have had cars over the years that have a higher top speed in 4th gear than they did in 5th because at that the 5th gear rpm there is not enough power to continue to accelerate.

Don't know if anyone has figured out which available rear gear will actually allow for the highest top speed with the Ecoboost Mustang.
Sponsored