Sponsored

Mustang Tune.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Everyone looks to Supercharging for performance upgrade but wondering who has had their GT tuned or better still any Bullitts been tuned. If yes would you mind elaborating on result? Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bulutt

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Wow. Over 100 views but no responses. I guess not as popular here as it is in USA.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My Bullitt has been tuned for 93 octane, Flex, E85R and Nitrous by Lund Racing and it has catted long tube headers, Steeda x-pipe, factory active exhaust, PMAS CAI kit. The car performs very well as is. It dyno’d at 469 rwhp/434 rwtq naturally aspirated and 639 rwhp/602 rwtq on a 150 shot of nitrous. I’ll be adding a Soler Performance ported factory Bullitt throttle body to the car tomorrow; hopefully for another slight bump In performance.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I didn't notice any gains on my 93 Livernois tune. When I had my 2016, a tune was definitely noticeable and the best mod I did to that car.

I just think the the 2018+ Coyotes are pretty maxed out already from the factory, especially the ones making 480 HP.

Plus the exhaust sound changed where it lost some of it's burble and character so it was an easy decision to go back to the stock tune.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Not sure how committed you are to getting it done but as per the post by @Mustang_Lou there's evidence to suggest that the 2018+ cars are pretty well tuned from the factory and don't get anything like the gains that a 2015-17 will. E85/flex is another matter...

Could be one reason for not getting any responses.

Last edited:

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Release date for the Bullitt in Australia was late 2018 early 2019, risking a loss of engine warranty might stop owners from tuning, at least until the warranty runs out.

OP
OP
Bulutt

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Release date for the Bullitt in Australia was late 2018 early 2019, risking a loss of engine warranty might stop owners from tuning, at least until the warranty runs out.
But wouldn’t that be true for supercharging also?

FM GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aug '16 Built RHD GT
I went with Lund 93/Flex/E85R and I'm in Australia. They were excellent in communicating everything with me. The only thing that sucks is the time zone differences, which meant their business hours was like midnight here.

Honestly I'd go straight to Lund or PBD for a tune, they've been playing with Coyote's since they came out and I trust them. I'd avoid things like Tickford or other Australian based tuners. I remember Tickford had some ridiculous claim like 400kW (536HP) from just a 98RON tune that they couldn't back up and they ended up removing the claim from their website.

For most things mustang in fact, I'd just straight up avoid the Australian resellers and stores. There seems to be a mustang tax here where they try and milk you for as much as they can, because they can. I end up just buying parts from overseas and even with the shipping costs it ends up being cheaper.

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
But wouldn’t that be true for supercharging also?
Yes, same , but if you are going to take the risk of voiding warranty, installing a Supercharger, some could argue is worth taking the risk for, a stand alone tune doesn't offer a great upside, to gain a few KW's in exchange for loosing engine warranty is not good value/sense.

Sponsored

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That's been exactly my thoughts on it, and you can get those little numbers with a decent CAI which shouldnt affect warranty (I hope, lol).

I've tuned a few cars (turbo and supercharged) and picked up very big gains but you have to be careful tracking the cars afterward due to heat issues, also with the turbo (a manual s60R, very fast for its time) I found the power delivery was lumpy and made it very fast but not smooth. The kids hated it so much that if we were going out for a drive I'd virtually have to drag them out from hiding under the bed.

OP
OP
Bulutt

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I went with Lund 93/Flex/E85R and I'm in Australia. They were excellent in communicating everything with me. The only thing that sucks is the time zone differences, which meant their business hours was like midnight here.

Honestly I'd go straight to Lund or PBD for a tune, they've been playing with Coyote's since they came out and I trust them. I'd avoid things like Tickford or other Australian based tuners. I remember Tickford had some ridiculous claim like 400kW (536HP) from just a 98RON tune that they couldn't back up and they ended up removing the claim from their website.

For most things mustang in fact, I'd just straight up avoid the Australian resellers and stores. There seems to be a mustang tax here where they try and milk you for as much as they can, because they can. I end up just buying parts from overseas and even with the shipping costs it ends up being cheaper.
how big or little difference did you get with the tune?

HannibalK1ng

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
MY20 GT
also in Australia, will probs go with a PDB tune....
anyone with headers and not tune straight away, did you notice more gain from the headers or the tune?
Sponsored