Sponsored

Mustang stuck at rail yard for over a month?

Fastoldman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Mach 1, 13 Viper GTS, 22 Ram CC
Great looking Garage and having had 3 White Mustangs over the years I congratulate you on your color sense and style! I bet you will get a lot of looks with your new GT especially with that cool retro style!

Last edited:

Sponsored

bblack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
brad
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
I like the overall "clean" look of the Ice White edition. I'm going to paint the rotors white also. Going to be a pain to keep clean........but it's not a daily driver. if it becomes a "big" problem , I'll paint them black.

OP
OP
Lunixor

Lunixor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Giovanni
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Well my car has been on hold for a little over 2 months now, and still silence from Ford. No update on when it's going to be released.

Pretty poor customer service from Ford if I might say so myself. Nobody has answers on why it's delayed or an ETA of when it will be delivered.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I like the overall "clean" look of the Ice White edition. I'm going to paint the rotors white also. Going to be a pain to keep clean........but it's not a daily driver. if it becomes a "big" problem , I'll paint them black.
I have to say that Vanilla Ice Edition is MUCH better looking than I thought it would be. Congrats!!!

Sponsored

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
Well my car has been on hold for a little over 2 months now, and still silence from Ford. No update on when it's going to be released.

Pretty poor customer service from Ford if I might say so myself. Nobody has answers on why it's delayed or an ETA of when it will be delivered.
I empathize. My dealer cannot tell me why mine is? (was?) still stuck at Flat Rock waiting on rail shipment for about 6 weeks either. My only consolations for the moment are that I am saving on insurance in the interim and it is not quite top down weather yet.

Rob911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 or 2022 Mustang
FYI: located in Canada, not the USA.

I factory ordered a 2022 Mustang GT back in November. It was subsequently built on January 13th and it landed at my local rail yard on February 10th. The original delivery ETA was February 8-14, however it got pushed to March 8-14 after it landed, and I'm not sure what it is now.

It has now been over a month and car is still sitting at the rail yard apparently. I have inquired multiple times with the dealership and they tell me they've spoken to their Ford rep who has given no other information other than "quality assurance purposes".

It feels a bit ridiculous that the car has been sitting 15 minutes away from my house for this long and there is seemingly nothing that can be done about it, and no one has a concrete answer as to why.

It's worth noting that other dealerships in the area have Mustang GTs on their lots which were built after mine, so it's not like it's a delay that's equally affecting all cars.

Has anyone else run into this issue before? Should I bother calling Ford customer service or just wait it out? I spoke to a salesperson from another dealer who told me I should put more pressure on my dealership to get answers, but I'm not really a confrontational person. I think I'd be fine waiting if they could at least give me a reason for the delay and an accurate ETA, but I digress.
I am experiencing the same thing.

My GT Has been sitting in the railyard in Moncton since Feb 23rd. I escalated to the regional rep and also contacted ford canada for additional details or eta regarding delivery and have gotten no where.

Dealer says that the issue is a cam cover seal leak and that 234 cars are affected.

Still waiting....

OP
OP
Lunixor

Lunixor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Giovanni
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I am experiencing the same thing.

My GT Has been sitting in the railyard in Moncton since Feb 23rd. I escalated to the regional rep and also contacted ford canada for additional details or eta regarding delivery and have gotten no where.

Dealer says that the issue is a cam cover seal leak and that 234 cars are affected.

Still waiting....
Wow I’m surprised the dealer was able to get you info like that. I’ve been hitting a brick wall on my side.

Any chance you have those details in an email or something, so I can relay the info to my dealer and see if they can confirm my car is affected?

Rob911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 or 2022 Mustang
No I don't... it was in a text message. The regional rep and Ford Canada would not give me any details other then the same canned messages that you posted.

Before I stumbled upon this thread today I thought that it was just me and that the car was damaged somehow during shipping.

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
I empathize. My dealer cannot tell me why mine is? (was?) still stuck at Flat Rock waiting on rail shipment for about 6 weeks either. My only consolations for the moment are that I am saving on insurance in the interim and it is not quite top down weather yet.
I finally have word mine has left Flat Rock. Next stop is the rail yard in Calgary before it gets loaded on an auto carrier for the remainder of the trip. Wonder how many more weeks (months) it will be before I actually sit behind the wheel.
Sponsored