Sponsored

Mustang Q2 2020 sales numbers (incl. Camaro & Challenger)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
In an ever shrinking market. There is only so much room to maneuver. Mustang owns the pony car segment. And Corvette is now a poor mans supercar. So it’s hard to justify a 50k Camaro with sh!t ergonomics. When for 10 grand more you can jump into a mid engine Corvette. If your a hard core Chevy fan boy. I’ve been saying for the last few years that the Camaro's days were numbered. Instead of bringing the Corvette in at 60k. GM should have probably up priced it in the 70-80k range to start. When top in dodge and Mustangs are.
Sponsored

HowieS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
These will be US sales only, too. Add in rest of the world for Mustang and it wouldn't look so bad :like:
I have owned more Camaros (5) than any other American Muscle car up to this year. I chose my Mustang for the look and the features for the price. I did not want a new Camaro but looked for a V8 manual SS, (had a 2013 2SS that I should not have sold) I could not find one that was well cared for. I have 2010 2LT Camaro in my garage, saving for my granddaughter. It is a great car but I agree in recent years they have out-priced guys like me and I have thoroughly enjoyed my Mustang so far.

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I've got blue blood, and have driven and raced Fords for more decades than a lot of you have been walking, my concern presently isn't who is better than anyone else, or what sales numbers look like, my concern is that Ford is wrapped up in some very hard times, and financially they are hemorrhaging red blood! The pandemic has hit them harder than any other car manufacturer, and unless they can bring their profits back up, I'm not sure what the company will look like when all of this hopefully comes to and end in 2021.
I have owned many Mustangs throughout the past 65 years, and my 19 PP1/A10 is probably my last. A few months ago I did a 1300 mile two road trip, and wouldn't have chosen any other car to do it in.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
I've got blue blood, and have driven and raced Fords for more decades than a lot of you have been walking, my concern presently isn't who is better than anyone else, or what sales numbers look like, my concern is that Ford is wrapped up in some very hard times, and financially they are hemorrhaging red blood! The pandemic has hit them harder than any other car manufacturer, and unless they can bring their profits back up, I'm not sure what the company will look like when all of this hopefully comes to and end in 2021.
I have owned many Mustangs throughout the past 65 years, and my 19 PP1/A10 is probably my last. A few months ago I did a 1300 mile two road trip, and wouldn't have chosen any other car to do it in.
Amen and agreed. I usually flip out of cars every 2-3 years and cannot replace the overall performance, comfort, looks and value of my E85 tuned 18 GT pp1 with the a10.

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
Amen and agreed. I usually flip out of cars every 2-3 years and cannot replace the overall performance, comfort, looks and value of my E85 tuned 18 GT pp1 with the a10.
This is the first time I've had a bone stock, off the factory showroom floor do 11.93@117 in the quarter. Only a little over two seconds slower than
my 70 Maverick with 200hp more!
008.jpg

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Now compare that what Chevy released for the Camaro. The last press release was May 2019 when they announced that fixed the frontend for MY2020 - And they released one, one single image of the new SS and it's even just a photoshop work on a MY2019 picture. You know that the Camaro had a special edition called shock & steel? No? Nearly nobody heard of it, because it was never announced by Chevy nor does any pictures or footage exist. It just was thrown silently to the build & price tool.
And this is a sure sign a car is going to be killed off.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
A shame about the Camaro. Their refresh and then re-refresh kind of hurt them a lot. 2016-2018 model was the best looking one then they fucked it all up.
Yeah the 2019+ isn't good looking. Camaro had problems before that, though. They looked fine from the outside but just weren't that great once you were inside.

In an ever shrinking market. There is only so much room to maneuver. Mustang owns the pony car segment. And Corvette is now a poor mans supercar. So it’s hard to justify a 50k Camaro with sh!t ergonomics. When for 10 grand more you can jump into a mid engine Corvette. If your a hard core Chevy fan boy. I’ve been saying for the last few years that the Camaro's days were numbered. Instead of bringing the Corvette in at 60k. GM should have probably up priced it in the 70-80k range to start. When top in dodge and Mustangs are.
The 60K Corvette is more of an ad campaign than anything, though. Most will be sold for more and prices will increase.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Sucks for the Camaro. Turns out all out track performance isn't the secret sauce for selling volume. The Challenger is a comfortable gt car with lots of power. The Mustang is a sporty gt car with lots of track prowess. Makes sense those are selling.

As always, Camaro6 is imploding thinking that advertisement is why the Camaro isn't selling. Like, I've seen maybe 1 or 2 ads for the Mustang in 5 years. The reason the Camaro doesn't sell is cause it's overpriced for is competition AND it's hard to live with. Those two things don't sell lots of cars. The Viper died the same way....well, the Viper was just hard to live with, lol.
This about price is mostly true, I say.
I, myself don't know many folk that can afford a new Camaro at the
current prices, or even back to '15 model year prices.

I know I would not have bought my '15 SS at the time for
the dough that GM wanted for it.

I told the salesman on the '15;
I'll buy it for $34,000.
That is all I'll give.
It was around a $43,000 dollar car. End of year clearance.

It seems to get lost on companies and dealers of whatever commodity that it
is the people that make less money than the median income who
drive the economy by buying stuff, not the middle class.

I've heard more than one person say over the years; 'if I can pay the payment, I'll find
some way to have it.'

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
While most Corvettes will be sold in the 70-80k range, most Camaros will definitely not be in the 50k range. I think this will only impact ZL1 sales, but for people looking at smaller models the C8 is definitely not affordable. GT350 starts only about 10k above specced Bullitts or PP2s, but people bought the non-Shelbys.
And this is a sure sign a car is going to be killed off.
They teased an electric Camaro a few months ago though

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
The first and still the best...at least in most folk's opinions...hard to fight legendary status!

Sponsored

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
The SS 1LE and PP2 have MSRPs that are, for all intents and purposes, the same at around $46k. This is the 1LE that was being referred to. The ZL1 1LE (the expensive one) is much quicker than the PP2 and GT350 on track.
I’d still put my money on the ss 1le for road course track work versus the pp2 stock for stock. Tremec vs mt-82 is a no brainer imo. If your throwing on aftermarket upgrades then pick your poison.

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
Camaro shot themselves in the foot (repeatedly) with the 6th gen. My wife has always been a mustang girl, where I've driven nothing but camaros for the last 22 years.... 68 ss, 00 z/28 bought off showroom, 10 ss, 13 ss 1LE. I've liked the s550 style and knew I wanted a 350. In march I found my 350 and got a good trade in on my 13. I would have loved to keep it, but... a 6th gen was not even an option for me...look terrible front and rear..and inside. Dont like supercharger so the zl1wasnt an option and it is the only one I think looks good. I hate to see camaro sucking but between making it look bad and gm showing themselves as a shit company...the choice was easy. Now they did totally miss the boat for a new Z/28. Could have put a good front end on it...suspension from the zl1, and the flat plane 5.5 from the racing program. That could have been cool and to see them and the 350 going at it would've been awesome

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
There's never been a shortage of Camaros that made it difficult to find one.
Just did a quick nationwide search on cars.com for new 2020 cars:
1200 Camaros
4000 Mustangs

It looks like GM wants to put their effort in profitable cars/trucks and the Camaro ain’t it.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
GM's version of the Mach E won't the camaro faithful be up in arms. :cwl:
Says the person who is trashing Mach E and Mach 1 all the time :angel:

Just did a quick nationwide search on cars.com for new 2020 cars:
1200 Camaros
4000 Mustangs

It looks like GM wants to put their effort in profitable cars/trucks and the Camaro ain’t it.
There was a big GM strike before Covid-19, so they really couldn't run the production this year
Sponsored