Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
re: Fit and Finish

That's one thing I've always been impressed by with Vipers, since the production is so low, they really go through a lot of very detailed inspection, QC, lots of hand finished details, etc., that's why I think I'd take a [modern] Viper over a Corvette, even a ZR1, just because it feels much more like an exotic in terms of the build process vs. what still feels like a assembly line product.
I could never bring myself to own a dodge or GM product. No matter how fast or great it may seem.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I could never bring myself to own a dodge or GM product. No matter how fast or great it may seem.
I'm completely brand [manufacturer] agnostic. I shop models that best suit my wants/needs for features, price, etc., at any given time ... blind dedication to some corporate monstrosity [who likely gives no fucks about you ...] seems a bit silly.

When it came time to shop a new family ride/SUV, I wanted V8 power, a sporty suspension, solid towing capability: I wound up with this for the wife, it comfortable seats 6 (2nd row heated captains chairs), tows 7000 lbs, took six of us with a hitch carrier with 2 tubs full of dive gear to our place in the Keys, 6 rollers, 4 backpacks, coolers, 400+ miles, one tank of gas. Killer AV system, nice fit and finish - do I care it's a Dodge? Nope, it pushes all the right buttons for my needs/wants :)

upload_2019-4-24_19-42-12.png

Last edited:

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
I'm completely brand [manufacturer] agnostic. I shop models that best suit my wants/needs for features, price, etc., at any given time ... blind dedication to some corporate monstrosity [who likely gives no fucks about you ...] seems a bit silly.

When it came time to shop a new family ride/SUV, I wanted V8 power, a sporty suspension, solid towing capability: I wound up with this for the wife, it comfortable seats 6 (2nd row heated captains chairs), tows 7000 lbs, took six of us with a hitch carrier with 2 tubs full of dive gear to our place in the Keys, 6 rollers, 4 backpacks, coolers, 400+ miles, one tank of gas. Killer AV system, nice fit and finish - do I care it's a Dodge? Nope, it pushes all the right buttons for my needs/wants :)

upload_2019-4-24_19-42-12.png
If I were in the market for a suv. It would be the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, I'll spend $80K+ on a family car without any service locations within 100 miles that can't tow my boat, and doesn't have a real 4WD low range :D See again, it's not about name dropping some expensive SUV, it's about Use Case, that "SUV" (I use the term loosely ...) doesn't meet my needs.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Yeah, I'll spend $80K+ on a family car without any service locations within 100 miles that can't tow my boat, and doesn't have a real 4WD low range :D See again, it's not about name dropping some expensive SUV, it's about Use Case, that "SUV" (I use the term loosely ...) doesn't meet my needs.
Like I said if “I” was in the market for a SUV. I didn’t say you should of bought a Alfa.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Like I said if “I” was in the market for a SUV. I didn’t say you should of bought a Alfa.
Of course, you posted, I assumed you were talking in the personal "I" context. My response was my $0.02 on the "SUV" you mentioned, just kind of used it as an example of how I framed my decision to buy what we did :) My point being [re: the original discussion about "I could never bring myself to own a dodge or GM product" ]: we didn't exclude a manufacturer, we only included specific needs. Funny enough, an Alfa Romeo is part of the FCA group, so it's like buying a Dodge :D

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Of course, you posted, I assumed you were talking in the personal "I" context. My response was my $0.02 on the "SUV" you mentioned, just kind of used it as an example of how I framed my decision to buy what we did :) My point being [re: the original discussion about "I could never bring myself to own a dodge or GM product" ]: we didn't exclude a manufacturer, we only included specific needs. Funny enough, an Alfa Romeo is part of the FCA group, so it's like buying a Dodge :D
Alfa is apart of FCA but that’s like telling a Lamborghini, Porsche, Bugatti owner it’s just a VW

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
re: Fit and Finish

That's one thing I've always been impressed by with Vipers, since the production is so low, they really go through a lot of very detailed inspection, QC, lots of hand finished details, etc., that's why I think I'd take a [modern] Viper over a Corvette, even a ZR1, just because it feels much more like an exotic in terms of the build process vs. what still feels like a assembly line product.
Fit and finish may be great on the Viper, but I'd rather have a 'vette with crappy fit and finish for a lot less money. I guess that's why I have trouble with Porsche as well. Paying for excellent fit and finish seems like a waste of money to me, but I'd pay and pay for a terrific engine/powertrain/suspension.

It's interesting to know that Vipers have good fit and finish though. I hadn't realized that in the past. I guess I've never really looked at one closely. I always wondered why they were so expensive in the past, but never knew why.

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
A few pix I shot of the GT500 that was on display at the grand opening of the Mustang Owners Museum in Concord NC last week. The new Twister Orange is indeed a few tads darker than Orange Fury, especially in overcast conditions. It's also (didn't know that yet) a flat color, not a metallic/pearl.
Based on your notes is the color a true bright orange? Orange fury to me looks like a metallic grabber orange with a lot of yellow to it. Competition orange looked more orange but kinda bordered on a burnt orange to me. We're you able to see it under sunny conditions?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Based on your notes is the color a true bright orange? Orange fury to me looks like a metallic grabber orange with a lot of yellow to it. Competition orange looked more orange but kinda bordered on a burnt orange to me. We're you able to see it under sunny conditions?
I would put it midway between Orange Fury and Competition Orange, so depending on your definition of true bright orange I'd say yes. I for one thought it looked like a true orange both in the sun (lights up) and in overcast condition (darkens a bit).

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Looks good but I cringed hard when he showed the white accented interior. I wonder if Recaro can back door an all black seat cover...
Sponsored