Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
419427.jpg

MACHEscape
upload_2019-12-15_11-26-2.jpeg

I don't know what kind of glasses you're wearing or what kind of drugs you're taking but those two cars look nothing alike except for the white paint job.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Just think of this If Ford hadn't let us know a head of time that the Mach E was going to be called the Mach 1 the name of this EV would have been the Mustang Mach 1 !!!
Yes, it could have been worse. But being better than 'worse' doesn't make it good. Just "less bad".

It concerns me that if the E is successful that there might be pressure to make the ponycar gradually morph toward SUV-ness. Should that be Ford's ultimate plan (and I'm still buying cars), my vote would drop completely off the list. Below 'Much less likely' from its current 'No change' (I'm still trying to remain optimistic that this will not come to pass).

Nornm

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The car is going to fail. And strictly because of the name. Anyone who thinks otherwise head over to the social media platforms and look at the responses of the PUBLIC, not us mustang die hards. I give it a two year run before it’s done/name changed. I still can’t believe Ford willingly shot themselves in the foot (actually nearly the face) with this obsurd business decision. IF by some chance it continues on, for years (puke coming up through my mouth as I type that) , then I as well as many others are likely to have purchased their last new mustang.

Reactions: nrc

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
419427.jpg

I don't know what kind of glasses you're wearing or what kind of drugs you're taking but those two cars look nothing alike except for the white paint job.
both likely fine automobiles. NIETHER one has anything remotely close to what is deserving of being called a MUSTANG. For that matter , nothing does, other than a 2dr coupe/fastback

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Maybe, maybe not. A good experience with, say, an F150 or some other of Ford's SUVs would likely provide a measure of balance, in which case any name other than Mustang would be better.

Norm
I think you're confusing my original comment in Post 1677 with my acceptance of the Mach E labled as a "Mustang". For the record, I'm not OK with that and you would see that if you've read my posts about the subject.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I think you're confusing my original comment in Post 1677 with my acceptance of the Mach E labled as a "Mustang". For the record, I'm not OK with that and you would see that if you've read my posts about the subject.
Let me try again.

I think it's a stretch for a Mustang ponycar owner to buy a 'Mustang' SUV for his wife because the name 'Mustang has anything to do with it. He'll buy an 'E' because he's happy enough with his EB/GT/etc., to put the Ford store on his list and buy the 'E' because it fits his needs. Not because the 'E' is making any claim to the 'Mustang' name.

Norm

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Let me try again.

I think it's a stretch for a Mustang ponycar owner to buy a 'Mustang' SUV for his wife because the name 'Mustang has anything to do with it. He'll buy an 'E' because he's happy enough with his EB/GT/etc., to put the Ford store on his list and buy the 'E' because it fits his needs. Not because the 'E' is making any claim to the 'Mustang' name.

Norm
Who knows WTF Ford is really thinking, all I'm saying is Ford could have also had that in the back of their heads when coming up with a name. If you don't thinks so, then fine with me. It doesn't matter, because it is what it is now.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Google Search of Mach e

mach e =
932.370667 m / s

Now that is one fast Mustang

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
The car is going to fail. And strictly because of the name. Anyone who thinks otherwise head over to the social media platforms and look at the responses of the PUBLIC, not us mustang die hards. I give it a two year run before it’s done/name changed. I still can’t believe Ford willingly shot themselves in the foot (actually nearly the face) with this obsurd business decision. IF by some chance it continues on, for years (puke coming up through my mouth as I type that) , then I as well as many others are likely to have purchased their last new mustang.
There is no way this car will fail. There are so many "tree huggers" out there and a lot in California that they will buy them as fast as they come off the line. Those people would never buy a Mustang until now.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
There is no way this car will fail. There are so many "tree huggers" out there and a lot in California that they will buy them as fast as they come off the line. Those people would never buy a Mustang until now.
Not to mention that half of the production is going to Europe.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Not sure about anyone else but every time I catch up on this thread I do things like eat my lunch fast (bring from home) just so I can spend a quality 15ish minutes driving my mustang. Spending more fuel than usual and enjoying every bit of it.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Our Mach E will sit next to my GT in our garage. And wife and I have both owned various Mustangs over the years.

Signed - "Proud Tree Hugger"

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Our Mach E will sit next to my GT in our garage. And wife and I have both owned various Mustangs over the years.

Signed - "Proud Tree Hugger"
And I hope they both treat you well for a long long time.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Who knows WTF Ford is really thinking, all I'm saying is Ford could have also had that in the back of their heads when coming up with a name.
I'm sure somebody ran that idea up the flagpole as yet another reason for Ford to do what it did. What I don't think is that for the purpose of marketing an SUV there's any more value in 'Mustang loyalty' than there already is in 'Ford loyalty'.

Norm