Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Play nice, kids. Nobody's here to hear trash talk, unless it's about Camaros.:ford:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

abie915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP, '16 EB PP
Lol at all the older guys having a collective freak out at the prospect of not having a v8. The Mustang will have to evolve to suit changing tastes if it's going to be around for another 50 years.

The EcoBoost has similar performance numbers and a faster 0-60 than a 5 year old GT, despite having 50% of the displacement and getting 50% better gas mileage. I think it's reasonable to presume that the 2020 car will be an EcoBoost V6 with at least 500 HP. With a hybrid drivetrain, it might even get 40+ MPG. What is there to complain about?

2ad.gif

Sponsored

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Lol at all the older guys having a collective freak out at the prospect of not having a v8. The Mustang will have to evolve to suit changing tastes if it's going to be around for another 50 years.

The EcoBoost has similar performance numbers and a faster 0-60 than a 5 year old GT, despite having 50% of the displacement and getting 50% better gas mileage. I think it's reasonable to presume that the 2020 car will be an EcoBoost V6 with at least 500 HP. With a hybrid drivetrain, it might even get 40+ MPG. What is there to complain about?

2ad.gif
I'm all up for change... I'm not up for change for a car that is limited by size and pricing... Everyone keeps mentioning what's to worry about... Straight up pricing and wasted resources on a trim the majority can't afford... that's what. Someone tell me I'm wrong otherwise we'd all be in GT350s right now wouldn't we.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I'm all up for change... I'm not up for change for a car that is limited by size and pricing... Everyone keeps mentioning what's to worry about... Straight up pricing and wasted resources on a trim the majority can't afford... that's what. Someone tell me I'm wrong otherwise we'd all be in GT350s right now wouldn't we.
I would be.... oh wait i am!:headbang:

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
I would be.... oh wait i am!:headbang:[/QUOTE

I would be too.... but I'm still waiting on the magical unicorn of a gt500 that looks like it's never coming the more news comes down the pipeline. :shrug::shrug:

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I would be.... oh wait i am!:headbang:[/QUOTE

I would be too.... but I'm still waiting on the magical unicorn of a gt500 that looks like it's never coming the more news comes down the pipeline. :shrug::shrug:
I am very interested to hear what the GT500 will be, but its going to have to really blow my socks off to get me to part with the 350.

Sponsored

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance

Boss Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C43C
Sounds pretty darn interesting to me, Ford has my blessing. Let the waiting game begin.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
A 5.2 CPC with a centri blower or turbos would earn my money real quick
I've been traveling in your fair state for the last 3 weeks, and I've seen a million S550s. Like everywhere, the vast majority aren't GTs. Hate to say it but the market always will be with the more attainable version of anything. Same with guns, lots of DPMS AR-15s out there, very few Noveske.

My point is that a company is going to put out what sells, not what the real enthusiasts want. So many tv shows have been cancelled over the years despite mass critical and fan acclaim. Why? Not even market among the lemmings.

Anyway, long live the V8.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
I've been traveling in your fair state for the last 3 weeks, and I've seen a million S550s. Like everywhere, the vast majority aren't GTs. Hate to say it but the market always will be with the more attainable version of anything. Same with guns, lots of DPMS AR-15s out there, very few Noveske.

My point is that a company is going to put out what sells, not what the real enthusiasts want. So many tv shows have been cancelled over the years despite mass critical and fan acclaim. Why? Not enough market among the lemmings.

Anyway, long live the V8.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.