Sponsored

Mustang Honeymoon is over...

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Kia grills look too much like Ultron. This identifies them as evil which is probably why they spend so much time driving too slow and clogging the roads. Consider whether you want to be a part of this.
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
If you are struggling to drive around the city I would look for a car making a lot less power.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
What can I say, not everyone is cut our for 'stang bangin.'

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
My wife had a Hyundai coupe 10 yrs ago and it was a loathsome car. Cheap, nasty, horrible thing to drive - better built than a new mustang though, nothing ever went wrong and the panel gaps were consistent.

We tested a new Hyundai Tucson last year and I was amazed just how far that company has come in such a short period of time. I would not hesitate to buy Hyundai over anything else in the same price bracket now.

Kia and Hyundai are very closely related as I understand it, so Iā€™m sure the stinger will be great

Deleted member 35786

Just the facts.. You drive in shit weather, frigid temps, snow, sleet, slush and worst of all salt on probably crappy roads. Car is modified, you drag race it, and you say your revving out 1st gear in the city regularly. And I will guess that you have no garage and it sits outside?
And your complaining about quality... SMH...

Sponsored

p51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT w/ PP
My wife had a Hyundai coupe 10 yrs ago and it was a loathsome car. Cheap, nasty, horrible thing to drive - better built than a new mustang though, nothing ever went wrong and the panel gaps were consistent.

We tested a new Hyundai Tucson last year and I was amazed just how far that company has come in such a short period of time. I would not hesitate to buy Hyundai over anything else in the same price bracket now.

Kia and Hyundai are very closely related as I understand it, so Iā€™m sure the stinger will be great
The Stinger is fantastic. Best car I've ever driven. If you have an autoshow or something near you with test drives like they do here in Houston, you should definitely give the gt a try.

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
To the OP, I think your squeaks and rattles are a problem with your first-year build. My ā€˜17 has 22,500 miles with not ONE squeak or rattle and itā€™s a convertible at that! My car did fine in wintry conditions with Pirelli Cinturato All-Season tires but roads are plowed quickly here and I never needed the Mustang to be a Jeep. Sounds like you just want a new ride so have fun shopping and test-driving!
I have a 2015, and mine is as tight as a drum. Itā€™s as quiet inside as a Lexus, and no rattles. 41,000 miles and no issues at all. The S550 is so beautiful, I find myself always looking back at it. Itā€™s a stunning car (especially in Ruby Red;). Iā€™m keeping mine for a long time.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Well good luck.

FWIW, I don't have any of the issues you have. Mine is pretty much stock. I''m quite happy with mine. I'm still amazed with mine every time I drive it. You don't have that feeling so ... move on.

I never have looked to see if the panels line up. I just drive it.
Maybe you modded the hell out of it and thats why it rattles ?
To much power ? wow really ? Okay
Transmission sucks ? Yeah its a little clunky but I think it works fine. I Never understand all the manual complaints. It's not a Honda.

Buy another car dude. It's just a car :sunglasses:

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I have a 2015, and mine is as tight as a drum. Itā€™s as quiet inside as a Lexus, and no rattles. 41,000 miles and no issues at all. The S550 is so beautiful, I find myself always looking back at it. Itā€™s a stunning car (especially in Ruby Red;). Iā€™m keeping mine for a long time.

But me and you are driving the Herts brand (V6) and this just confirms my suspicions. The V6 was also a commercial vehicle and mine was fleet sales. No panel gap issues and tight as a drum and not one squeak. Quality control is an expense and the V6 was just kept around for contractual reasons. If you bought one and put up with the base car designation, me thinks you got a better built car within the overal design specifications. I also have the suspicion that the low profile tires and harsher suspension may also hammer the car more and cause rattles. But that is just speculation on my part.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RevvdMedia

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
For the above comment, I would agree fully on low profile tires exacerbating rattles. I've driven on the 18's and the 17's and there seems to be fewer rattles. My MPSS are 275 wide and definitely much more rough riding than the stock 18's. Honestly, I'd be curious how some of the guys with the PP suspension with the PP tires are holding up, at least I have softer base GT suspension.

To the comment(s) about power, I'm not at all afraid of using my power, I just hate tickets! In the summer I like to have the exhaust louder than stock, so every push of the throttle results in a look around for police...lol. The car from a purely observational perspective could use a bit more torque below 4000 because once you hit 4K, you have to keep going, right?

So I did end up going to the Kia dealership today, but not before taking my time and cruising around. I got to the dealership and sat in my car for a good few minutes. I got out, talked to a nice salesman, looked at a couple Stingers including some with some miles to examine expected wear. I sat in one and remember it feeling even nicer and more driver oriented than the last time I drove one a few weeks back. I didn't bother with a test drive though. Between only having now 19 payments left on the Mustang, and the fact it does have its fun redeeming attributes, for now I may just stick it out. I'll just have to be one of those guys who uses the exhaust and stereo to help mask the unusual noises.

As far as quality concerns on the Mustang, I still have the occasional knock sound which was starting to put the nail in the coffin. I am hoping the knock is due to the rear diff or axles since those are still under warranty, and have had pre-existing issues that would make it easy to justify a warranty fix. I shook the hell out of everything in the suspension with the tires off the ground and can't hear any noises, so must be driveline. It only seems to knock when going up a driveway with the wheels turned which requires some clutch action, and also some occasional left/right turns. Never over bumps, never on a straight line acceleration, only when turning. I suspect LSD related, and they had noted last time the axle seal may be weeping. Sounds like warranty, or so I hope.

I know it may sound like I beat on my car, but that's not really true. It's seen maybe 50 drag runs at the track since new. I almost never launch it on the streets since I can't put power down in first off the line anyway. I do bring the revs up to redline maybe one a week in the summer, and it's putted along in winter due to lack of traction. I otherwise baby the car, detail it meticulously, maintain it, etc. It's just disappointing to continue paying for something that you're watching degrade (as a car will) but it feels like some of your efforts are in vain. Anyway, unless I get bit by the new car bug again, I'll do my damnedest to try to just ignore the noises and enjoy the damn car lol.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
More than that, not using the AC regularly will cause it to fail. The air needs to be used at least once a month all year long... it doesn't matter where the temperature is set, just as long as you let it run for awhile.
Then I'm safe in Central AZ. You turn off the AC, you die.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I am surprised at some of these quality complaints. My 2016 had very good fit/finish and never developed rattles or squeaks. My 2018 is even better.....excellent interior finish and tight as a drum. Panel gaps are tight and uniform.

I have a friend with a 2017 3 series BMW and he agrees that my 'stang gives up nothing to his car in terms of quality and refinement.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
One thing I'll give Kia (aside from being evil and requiring you to drive slow in the left lane) is that they have a good warranty. I'd love to see Ford be forced to follow suit. The fact that they keep extending finance terms should tell them that people are going to expect a better warranty. Nobody likes to pay for repairs on a car they're still paying for.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Mustang is cheap fun that's it!
Sponsored