Sponsored

Mustang Honeymoon is over...

NIL8GM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Stinger is a phenomenal vehicle....and by far the best all around bang for the buck perf sedan in the Canadian market( Our pricing is much better than the US and we get some other options the US does not). I will be pulling the trigger on Stinger the very near future for my daily. Still keeping the mustang for sunny day cruises though. Quick $200 re-badge and no-one will no its a Kia any longer. Aftermarket is strong for the Stinger as well. Simple reflash is putting them in the 400+hp range
Sponsored

OP
OP
RevvdMedia

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
OP, you could try a new 2019 Mustang....
Drove a 2018 very recently. It's much the same less the better exhaust that the 2015 should have gotten. My 15 with PP1 and intake is not too far off the mark of a 18/19 performance wise. I think maybe I figured it was just time for something different?

OP
OP
RevvdMedia

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
OP needs huge amounts of torque and the GT makes none which means it is hard to drive and you get a ton of tickets.
I never said the GT is hard to drive, in fact, it's quite easy to drive to the limit if you're not a novice. It absolutely lacks low end torque due to its displacement, cam timing and tuning. And today, luckily, someone was driving faster than I was (I was only going 10km/h over) when the police were out doing laser radar pulling people over. Facts.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
So you need lots of torque for? I’m just trying to understand because a lot of people have said the same in the past but no one really goes into detail.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
If you're looking for the Kia to be perfect with quality you'll be disappointed there too. I had one to drive for a week and it had a creak when going over the right kinds of bumps when it was colder. Also, the leather was wearing very quickly at the torso part of the seat bolster. Apparently this is a common thing. These could be first year teething problems for the Kia, and probably would be covered under warranty. But if you're obsessing over a totally rattle and creak-free car with no issues, a first year Stinger probably isn't 100% there. That being said, the minute I need a 4 door car the Stinger GT is probably the car I'll add alongside the Bullitt, they're fantastic and definitely worth owning. Over time just about any car will have some type of rattle. German cars all get them as they age, even the high end stuff, Bentley, Rolls-Royce all have a bunch of creaks sooner than later. At the end of the day, all cars get jolted by potholes on a daily basis, parts expand and contract every day with changing temperatures, etc. Whether you stick it out with the Mustang or move on to something else, if you stress about the small stuff you're going to be in a constant state of paranoia. Like you said, if that stuff bothers you, crank up the radio, downshift and do an acceleration, whatever you gotta do to worry about it less. Use Waze + radar detector to warn yourself of the cops and enjoy the drive.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
One thing I'll give Kia (aside from being evil and requiring you to drive slow in the left lane) is that they have a good warranty. I'd love to see Ford be forced to follow suit. The fact that they keep extending finance terms should tell them that people are going to expect a better warranty. Nobody likes to pay for repairs on a car they're still paying for.
Simple Fix: https://www.floodfordesp.com/

Not terribly expensive for peace of mind.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Sedans are dead. We are at the beginning of the great Sport CUV revolution and the end of the sedan. Just saying the word sedan reminds me of old people driving to church, doing like 25 MPH in a 45 MPH zone.

The Koreans make great cars for the money, we are on our 4th Hyundai for good reason and currently own the Santa Fe Turbo. You should be looking at Sport CUV/AWD.

We love the 2015 Mustang Ecoboost and decided to extend the warranty another 3/36 for $710.00. At the end of the day we couldn't find anything better than our current 2015 Mustang Ecoboost.

Regarding build quality and value, our Mustang and Santa Fe are the highest level trim packages and cost about the same MSRP. The Ford is the better overall vehicle for the same price IMO.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
RevvdMedia

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
So you need lots of torque for? I’m just trying to understand because a lot of people have said the same in the past but no one really goes into detail.
It's not a matter of need but more so want. It's just the feel of torque down low compared to up top. I completely get it's due to engine design and I know it won't change without forced induction. I like to compare the Coyote to the old Honda Vtec, it hauls a whole lot of ass high up in the rev range but doesn't give that same feeling down low. Turbo cars are usually the opposite except for big turbo upgrades, factory turbo cars immediately satisfying down low but fall off up top. Of course, this sparks the debate of don't lug your engine...lol guess I'm just spinning my wheels on this one, or maybe they would be spinning with more low end torque...

OP
OP
RevvdMedia

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Simple Fix: https://www.floodfordesp.com/

Not terribly expensive for peace of mind.
I used to scoff at extended warranty but with all things considered and 19 payments left, maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea? Silly question, do us canadians have that option, and can I still get it at this point in ownership? Considering the one problem I have hasn't fully manifested yet, would it be covered?

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
With regards to rattles, I have owned German cars, they rattle with the worst of them, in fact at times they have been worse quality over-all so I think the Mustang is a good value quality wise now, more so with the better interior.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
For the above comment, I would agree fully on low profile tires exacerbating rattles. I've driven on the 18's and the 17's and there seems to be fewer rattles. My MPSS are 275 wide and definitely much more rough riding than the stock 18's. Honestly, I'd be curious how some of the guys with the PP suspension with the PP tires are holding up, at least I have softer base GT suspension.

To the comment(s) about power, I'm not at all afraid of using my power, I just hate tickets! In the summer I like to have the exhaust louder than stock, so every push of the throttle results in a look around for police...lol. The car from a purely observational perspective could use a bit more torque below 4000 because once you hit 4K, you have to keep going, right?

So I did end up going to the Kia dealership today, but not before taking my time and cruising around. I got to the dealership and sat in my car for a good few minutes. I got out, talked to a nice salesman, looked at a couple Stingers including some with some miles to examine expected wear. I sat in one and remember it feeling even nicer and more driver oriented than the last time I drove one a few weeks back. I didn't bother with a test drive though. Between only having now 19 payments left on the Mustang, and the fact it does have its fun redeeming attributes, for now I may just stick it out. I'll just have to be one of those guys who uses the exhaust and stereo to help mask the unusual noises.

As far as quality concerns on the Mustang, I still have the occasional knock sound which was starting to put the nail in the coffin. I am hoping the knock is due to the rear diff or axles since those are still under warranty, and have had pre-existing issues that would make it easy to justify a warranty fix. I shook the hell out of everything in the suspension with the tires off the ground and can't hear any noises, so must be driveline. It only seems to knock when going up a driveway with the wheels turned which requires some clutch action, and also some occasional left/right turns. Never over bumps, never on a straight line acceleration, only when turning. I suspect LSD related, and they had noted last time the axle seal may be weeping. Sounds like warranty, or so I hope.

I know it may sound like I beat on my car, but that's not really true. It's seen maybe 50 drag runs at the track since new. I almost never launch it on the streets since I can't put power down in first off the line anyway. I do bring the revs up to redline maybe one a week in the summer, and it's putted along in winter due to lack of traction. I otherwise baby the car, detail it meticulously, maintain it, etc. It's just disappointing to continue paying for something that you're watching degrade (as a car will) but it feels like some of your efforts are in vain. Anyway, unless I get bit by the new car bug again, I'll do my damnedest to try to just ignore the noises and enjoy the damn car lol.
Can't you take the car to a stereo shop and ask them to fix the rattles? A decade ago a friend of mine did just that.... but he had 12s in the rear.

Kia is like going from cheap to cheap... not sure I'd go that route. Warranty is great, but like a friend who owned a Hyndai said: nice they fix it, but taking time off each month to take and retrieve from the shop gets old.

End of the day, Ford produced a very nice looking car.... and I wonder why the rattles still persist in this day and age... baffling with the technology we have today they can't make an interior worth a damn. It can't be that hard... my "cheap" old Honda accord sounded great after 200,000 miles... my second accord sound great after maybe 180,000 miles. Price has nothing to do with this....

I test drove maybe a dozen 2014 to 2017 BMW 4 series/M4s and one AMG 43... no rattles in any of them.
Sponsored