Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Raced a Supra the other day. Wasn't really much of a race. All black with red spoiler and diffuser. He followed me until he had a spot next to me. He tried twice. Naturally he was quicker to leave the light, but once I gained traction in second it was over. He tried again, same result, he was far back in the mirror. Older guy out having fun.
Sponsored

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I had a few races last week. The first one was a masserati ghibli s4. The first run He stayed with me through first and second gear almost dead even but from 3rd I started pulling away pretty hard, second race was exactly the same.

I finally lined up with a hellcat (challenger) and from a stop he didn't want to race, which sucks because i prefer to race from a stop never a roll. I kept going slow trying to reel him in to see if he wanted to race and he finally hit the gas in second, he was pulling on me but surprisingly slowly. I always thought I couldn't be competitive with a hellcat due to the power difference but it was close enough that I was happy even though I lost lol.

The same night I raced a 2019 mustang gt, the first race was from a roll and I was pulling on him but not too bad. The second race was from a stop and the drag radials probably came into play here, we took off at the same time and my car shot out in front of his by a car and kept pulling as we went. I Wound up maybe a car and a half ahead of him. He complimented me on my shifting and we say bye. The mustang guy was nice, the guy in the masserati was cussing loudly for some reason lol. :angel:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
the guy in the masserati was cussing loudly for some reason lol. :angel:
Probably because he thought <clears throat to horribly sing> "My Maseratti does one-eighty-five"

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I already posted this in the following thread:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/precision-turbonetics-nx2-turbo-thread.112605/

I own a Mustang EcoBoost and I installed the PTE NX2 drop-in turbo a couple of weeks ago.

Last weekend I had the opportunity to put the new turbo to the test. I raced the new BMW M2: 410hp, 550Nm (405.6 Lb-ft) Tq, 0-100kph @4.4". We rolled from 0 to 230kph (143mph - next traffic light stopped us!).

The guy was sent to the gapland, left behind by two cars! This PTE NX2 rocks! What really surprised me was the fact that, although we were side by side for a couple of seconds, I started gapping him at a steady pace as soon as we reached higher speed. It really felt as if I was driving a higher displacement car.

PFA (in Greece the car is worth almost ā‚¬28.000 more than mine ).

819B0EED-48A2-43D8-A765-39EEF9AFF5DF.jpeg
That m2 isnt 410hp the Competition model is. That one is 300 something.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Don't know about that however, the OG M2 has like 360hp I believe while the Comp is 410.
The trick to beating every BMW product in my experience is to wait till they get over 100k miles and start to fall apart. Before then, they can be some really cool cars.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Not a BMW, but I knew a guy with a Mitsubishi VR4. That thing spent more time on trailers/lifts than it ever did on the road. I used to challenge him all the time to a 500 mile endurance race...in my base model Sentra :crackup:

He might have made it to point A faster than me, but there's no way he'd make it back to the starting point. DNF for him is a win for me!
3000 GT? I used to want one of those so bad! I thought the active aero was the coolest thing ever, I was 14 haha!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I donā€™t know why but most of the post of me racing gets taken down on mustang vs
Who did you anger? Kidding.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
The fastest one you're likely to see will be on a flatbed :giggle:

Ironically, the Dodge Stealth version of it was much more reliable (due to some tweaks they made to the design/arrangement).
Looking at them now and they still look cool to me. 4 wheel steering, AWD, active aero, lots of tech for that time. My bro told me they were really fast. Hilarious to hear they were so reliable haha!

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I donā€™t know why but most of the post of me racing gets taken down on mustang vs
Stop racing moderators or let them win.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Ironically, the Dodge Stealth version of it was much more reliable (due to some tweaks they made to the design/arrangement).
as one who ran a Stealth RT/TT for 10 years, I can say unequivocallyā€¦that ainā€™t true.

google ā€œspun bearing clubā€ and youā€™ll see what I mean šŸ˜‰

Hilarious to hear they were so reliable haha!
they were not, probably the LEAST reliable vehicle I ever ownedā€¦too heavy to be quick, but was pretty fast for its time.

here was mine, in her final iteration; wingless with Rota wheels, hybrid turbos with SAFC2 and EVO injectorsā€¦

8DC4637D-9AC1-42C4-B2A0-A69A79CF318F.jpeg

and here was her first of THREE flatbed ridesā€¦

3918603E-F718-4F61-94A1-A6E300892CF2.jpeg

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Allow me to amend my statement: much more reliable than a Mitsubishi :crackup:

ONLY three flatbed rides in three years? The VR4 can barely get down a driveway without something going wrong :giggle:
lolā€¦nope, they are the same car!

same 5 speed gearbox(6 in later years), same all wheel steering, same all wheel drive transfer case, same switchable exhaust, same twin turbo/twin intercoolers, same leaky moonroof, same 2 (or 4 bolt in later years) main block, same heads, same manifoldsā€¦you get the picture.

the ONLY difference is the VR4 got active aero, and the Stealth did notā€¦but that usually didnā€™t work on the VR4s anyways šŸ˜‚

and in my defense, three flatbed rides in 10 years and 120,000 miles šŸ˜¬

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Allow me to amend my statement: much more reliable than a Mitsubishi :crackup:

ONLY three flatbed rides in three years? The VR4 can barely get down a driveway without something going wrong :giggle:
But they looked great on those flatbedsā€¦

This reminds me of a childhood friend that had an eagle talon. He put every penny he could into that car. Insane sounds and hauled ass and blew up huge time on a dyno. Saw him come to work on a bicycle and asked what happened to his car. I think there could have been a case for bereavement.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I thought Dodge moved stuff like the wiring harness and used different suppliers for a lot of the mechanical bits?
nopeā€¦the only thing that made any of them any better was the late model 94+ had 6 speeds and 4 bolt mains, as opposed to the 91-92 models that had 5 speeds and 2 bolt mains.

the 93s became crossovers with some two bolt and some four bolt. it was thought that the four bolts would keep the main bearings from spinning, but that was never the case.

they were also interference engines, and had a sketchy hydraulic timing belt tensionerā€¦so if you didnā€™t do the 60k belt swap at 50k or less you were basically driving a time bomb šŸ˜‚
Sponsored