Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Didn't know know, EVERY BMW I6 has "400 whp with just a downpipe and tune" :giggle:
Downpipe, tune and FMIC gets the N54 twin turbo I6 to 400whp+. The M2 has the N55 single turbo. Makes less power with modifications. The M2 competition has the same S55 twin turbo engine as any M3. Downpipes and tune gets them 500whp+

Not a BMW, but I knew a guy with a Mitsubishi VR4. That thing spent more time on trailers/lifts than it ever did on the road. I used to challenge him all the time to a 500 mile endurance race...in my base model Sentra :crackup:
Guy in the office next to me has a VR4. He put DR500 turbos on it along with some E85 and turned up the boost. A couple months later we went to lunch and could hear a decent tapping noise at idle. Sounded like something in the bottom end, but the car still ran awesome. He finally dropped the oil pan only to find a bent/twisted rod. It was bent just enough that the piston twisted in the cylinder allowing the skirt to tap the inside of the block. He got lucky as it could have been a lot worse. Here's a picture of the piston and rod assembly on my desk. He is now built and makes more than 500whp with the same turbos.

piston.jpg
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Some guy in a Veloster N tried to mess with me on my way to work this morning. I pulled over and pulled out my Schwinn. :giggle:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
they were also interference engines, and had a sketchy hydraulic timing belt tensionerā€¦so if you didnā€™t do the 60k belt swap at 50k or less you were basically driving a time bomb šŸ˜‚
Very true!

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Driving back from Virginia beach to NYC a week ago. Driving through Delaware has tons of stoplights that go from 35 to 65 mph within a mile.
Had a guy in an impala, not SS, and an infinity Q35 testing me at every light.
Hammered it each time, no contest. The impala guy caught up at about the 4th light.

Rolls down is window and says" God damn man, that first gear pull is epic"

Even my wife in the passenger seat smiled and waved.

Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Weather was awesome today for a Sunday drive (45 low with a high of 73).

I saw a beautiful dark crimson red Hellcat getting on the Interstate. It looked brand new, but I could not tell for sure.

Hellcat guy is in front of me and he lightly swerves from side to side a few times and guns it, so I knew he was looking for a Mustang to spank.

Road cleared in about a mile and he pulled into the RH lane and slowed down to about 70. There was no traffic in front of us on an ideal temp, perfectly clear day.

Put my shifter in Sport mode, then I eased up along side - and he nailed it.

I pulled him about car 2 lengths almost immediately, then just kept pulling him until I had about 4+ lengths on him.

I was surprised how one sided it was, but this also helped me confirm my "guessimation" on my WHP.

It was a really nice Hellcat, but weight wise they are a Tuna Barge.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Mostly uneventful and I was feeling lazy until a red light where a RAM 1500 was next to me, a lifted jeep behind him, and an infiniti q30 behind me. It goes green and I accelerate like normal when the RAM chirps the tires, the jeep is along side with its ear deafening exhaust, and the stupid infiniti is on my bumper. Safety hazard at that point. They left me with no choice, I swear šŸ˜‰. I hit it and put a solid 4 car lengths on the RAM before backing off. Leave me alone, dammit!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ā“‡ā’¾ā’øā“€ā“Ž ā“ˆā“…ā’¶ā“ƒā’¾ā“ˆā’½
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Last night beat a GHIG S197 with boss intake / LTH (feline delete) / airaid CAI / BBK TB / roush axle back 3.73 geared MT82 / local tuned /Nitto 275-60R15 drag radial .

Also beat a 1st gen white S550 premium with a 6R80 / slicks / muffler delete / feline delete / CORSA CAI / lund tuned .

Mine: diablosport custom tune / feline delete (CEL ON) / modified factory air box / SLP Loudmouth II axle back / 3.73 gears / MT82 on a stock clutch / rear seat delete / 325-30R19 Firehawk Indy 500 .

Been running long enough on the Indy 500 that I pretty much know what to do haha.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I pulled onto I-20 today and a 392 Scatpack in dark gray (love that color) was right there in the inside lane. I thought, hey, if' he's game, I'm game.

He guns it front of me a few times and after a short distance I get along side. We hit it at the same time and much to my shock, he pulled me about a fender length from the get go. I managed to ease by him, but it was pretty close.

This particular 392 was definitely not stock. I ran a Hellcat a few weeks back and handily distanced it.

This 392 was much faster than that Hellcat.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I pulled onto I-20 today and a 392 Scatpack in dark gray (love that color) was right there in the inside lane. I thought, hey, if' he's game, I'm game.

He guns it front of me a few times and after a short distance I get along side. We hit it at the same time and much to my shock, he pulled me about a fender length from the get go. I managed to ease by him, but it was pretty close.

This particular 392 was definitely not stock. I ran a Hellcat a few weeks back and handily distanced it.

This 392 was much faster than that Hellcat.
They must have had MOPARts....Oh Mondays...

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^^^^ Very Funny ^^^^^

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Raced a buddies 2006 Mustang Saleen Supercharged S281. I bogged hard in first, turned TCS off but didn't go all the way and turn off ASC. Anyhow he got he jump but I was passing him mid way through second gear. I'm sure I'd have dropped him off the line if I had all the nanny controls off.
20211002_131123 (002).jpg

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raced a buddies 2006 Mustang Saleen Supercharged S281. I bogged hard in first, turned TCS off but didn't go all the way and turn off ASC. Anyhow he got he jump but I was passing him mid way through second gear. I'm sure I'd have dropped him off the line if I had all the nanny controls off.
Should be a pretty good run with a stock a10. They run high 11s stock.
Sponsored