Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I decided to create this thread so that people who have already installed the PTE NX2 turbo can post information about the installation, their experience, advice for other people, questions, dyno results, datalogs, etc. Hopefully with time the information posted here will help other people interested in this turbo kit find the answers to their questions. So, feel free to post everything related to the Precision-Turbonetics NX2 turbo.

I will create the first post, as I just had the PTE NX2 kit installed on my car. The photos below show how it looks compared to the stock turbo before the installation and after it was fitted on the car.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

As you can see the PTE is significantly larger than the stock turbo. The wastegate actuator is a large silver canister and the mechanic who installed the turbo told me that the spring tension is much higher compared even with the Tune+ WGA that I had on the stock unit.

Adam sent me the base tune for the new turbo and I had the opportunity to drive it for a while last night before doing the first datalog this morning. First impression is that the car pulls all the way to the red line, even with the base tune. Also I didn't feel any lag at the lower RPMs and this made me happy, because I liked the behavior of the stock turbo at the low RPM range. My only concern is that I observed a couple of boost pressure spikes, one at 27.74 psi and another one at 27.95 psi during spirited road driving. During the 3rd gear pull the boost pressure topped at 25 psi - still high, but I suppose that the revised tunes will improve this.

I will update this thread as I go through the tune revisions.
Sponsored

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Very interested in your experience as I've just purchased this turbo myself along with some other supporting mods. Except my car is hibernating till after winter!

first_stang16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost PP
I just recieved my turbo today. Currently in the process of installing it myself and I wish I would’ve taken it to a shop for installation.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
@Miadhawk I have finalized the tune revisions with Adam. I will share my experience with a single phrase: I don’t want a GT anymore! You know why? There is no lag at all and the car keeps pulling all the way to the red line like crazy! Combined with the transmission tune that I already had on the car, this turbo is the best experience I ever had with this car and the best mod ever. FYI, it took 4 revision to finalize the tune.

@first_stang16 I did the installation with the help of an experienced person. I could do it all alone, but the turbo is an essential part of the engine and I wanted to be 100% certain that I won't mess up anything. Take your time.

Last edited:

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
@Miadhawk I have finalized the tune revisions with Adam. I will share my experience with a single phrase: I don’t want a GT anymore! You know why? There is no lag at all and the car keeps pulling all the way to the red line like crazy! Combined with the transmission tune that I already had on the car, this turbo is the best experience I ever had with this car and the best mod ever. FYI, it took 4 revision to finalize the tune.

That's great to hear, I opted for PD tuning when I bought the turbo from Function Factory Performance. What kind of transmission tuning did you have done? Very cool to hear that the car spools quick and pulls all the way like it should!

Sponsored

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
@Miadhawk I bought the transmission tune from Adam a while ago. He can set it up the way you ask him. For example, after installing the turbo, I asked him to set it up in a way that I get very fast and hard shifts when I use the paddle shifters on the steering wheel, or above 4000 RPM when I am in auto (D or S). This adds significantly to the overall performance and, man, it's really fun to drive! :rockon:

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
You will love it ...after the second revision. Adam or PD Tuning?

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Combined with the transmission tune from him, I can now spin my rear wheels every time I shift!

Sponsored
OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
This weekend I had the opportunity to put the new turbo to the test. I raced the new BMW M2: 410hp, 550Nm (405.6 Lb-ft) Tq, 0-100kph @4.4". We rolled from 0 to 230kph (143mph - next traffic light stopped us!).

The guy was sent to the gapland, left behind by two cars! This PTE NX2 rocks! What really surprised me was the fact that, although we were side by side for a couple of seconds, I started gapping him at a steady pace as soon as we reached higher speed. It really felt as if I was driving a higher displacement car.

PFA (in Greece the car is worth almost €28.000 more than mine ).

C69F4A69-2507-4D05-85CC-B5D61CCD3CDD.jpeg

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
One thing that I noticed after installing the bigger turbo is that fuel economy has decreased considerably. Especially on spirited driving...

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
The admins just helped me do that. Thanks @GuardEcoBeast for noticing!

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
One thing that I noticed after installing the bigger turbo is that fuel economy has decreased considerably. Especially on spirited driving...
What gas mileage are you seeing? And what octane are you using in it currently?
Sponsored