Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Was a dark drive to work this morning. 2 lane road fairly straight with a nice passing zone that I tend to use often actually. Person in front of me going slow so move to pass them. There was another car in front without their lights on but tons of room to complete the pass so I did. No lights person is in a late 80's Camaro and throws turn signal on to turn left, slows to stop and now me right behind and the person I just passed are all stopped, not another soul in sight. Camaro starts to turn left and then aborts and starts creeping forward but not really speeding up. So I move to pass and hear them try to coax their car to accelerate. Pretty sure they are still on that road creeping around and I've been at work an hour now. Obviously no contest and once I pressed the go pedal, I couldn't hear anything but Coyote goodness. Their paint was a little aged but appeared to be all one color. Man I used to want one of those Camaros so bad when I was growing up! Totally remember owning this Hot Wheels haha!!
QF6Du0ZqTS62XmtaPPEE42WUOsLc1lCVZA07gxKHXxJ476SHci.jpg
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
So... Must admit.. You should clip off the first 20 seconds of... What.. silence? Boredom? Other than that... Looked like a solid "runner's up" :) I give you and A for effort!
I didn't upload the video. Car ran like shit all weekend on a 8th revision Matthew Kesatie tune. I honest to fuq loaded the canned diablo 93 tune. Up the shift point to 7600, (I can do all kinds of shit with the device) cause I have a 18+ intake, didn't touch anything else, CEL on cause of the IMRC delete, cat delete, , ran like a champ. Best ET of the day. No wonder his business couldn't cut it, then he went to VMP, & couldn't cut it there either. The guy is a bum.. Feel sorry for anyone tuned by him.

Last edited:

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Sorry, really hard to take you seriously after your "heritage doesn't matter" speech. Now you're using the word 'boomer'...

What are you, 12? Do you even have your license? Is that actually your dad's car? Get the hell outta here...millennial :cwl:

You don't have to care about the heritage behind a name. But to say it doesn't matter is absurd.
This a pretty insulting post.
12?
Actually, I'm a 58 year old boomer (borderline) who, despite my age, tries to maintain some connection to the world as it continues to grow and develop.
And maybe regress, too sad to say.
The connection of my car to a rather lame movie that happens to have a great chase scene is arguably fun yet, no question, quite cheesy and boomer.
Insistence that the only real Mustang is an internal combustion engine Mustang is even cheesier and more boomer.
What are you 66 with your pants pulled up over your belly button?
Your posts about heritage are absurd.
It's just a car.
:crazy:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
This a pretty insulting post.
12?
Actually, I'm a 58 year old boomer (borderline) who, despite my age, tries to maintain some connection to the world as it continues to grow and develop.
And maybe regress, too sad to say.
The connection of my car to a rather lame movie that happens to have a great chase scene is arguably fun yet, no question, quite cheesy and boomer.
Insistence that the only real Mustang is an internal combustion engine Mustang is even cheesier and more boomer.
What are you 66 with your pants pulled up over your belly button?
Your posts about heritage are absurd.
It's just a car.
:crazy:
Your synapsis of Bullitt is sound IMO. Only ever watched it for the chase scene. At 41 it was a little before my time but I still always appreciated it. I never meant to sound like I'm anti EV or anything, although I wont be surprised if something better all around ends up being the real thing we transition to. It's been said many times in other Mach-E threads that if it was a traditional 2+2 coupe like the Lithium, there would be no issues or at least a lot less. I am happy you enjoy your Bullitt, we can agree it's an awesome car for sure. I daily my GT PP1 and after 2.5 years, driving it is still one of the best parts of my day.

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
The Mustang might just be a car to you, but many people actually appreciate history. Knowing where we've been makes where we are, and where we're going, that much more meaningful. A connection to the past is essential to the true appreciation of the world around us. If you can't grasp that concept, you're clearly in the "...doomed to repeat it" crowd.
I'm actually an Honours history grad and an adjunct professor of law who wrote my major research paper for my JD on a legal history issue.
You just keep on sticking your foot in it, don't you?
Typical for a millennial.
Try shaving, the hair on your face looks silly and the hippies did it better.
:wink:

Sponsored

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Your synapsis of Bullitt is sound IMO. Only ever watched it for the chase scene. At 41 it was a little before my time but I still always appreciated it. I never meant to sound like I'm anti EV or anything, although I wont be surprised if something better all around ends up being the real thing we transition to. It's been said many times in other Mach-E threads that if it was a traditional 2+2 coupe like the Lithium, there would be no issues or at least a lot less. I am happy you enjoy your Bullitt, we can agree it's an awesome car for sure. I daily my GT PP1 and after 2.5 years, driving it is still one of the best parts of my day.
Absolutely I agree with you on the Bullitt. Just looking at it puts a smile on my face and no electric Mustang will ever sound as good.
And that's all without even driving it!
Great car, as are all S550s, in my opinion, really elevated the Mustang to a true world class vehicle.

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Save the CUV's for Karen.
The Mach-E is actually more SUV-sized.
So I take it you get your shirt in a knot about SUV Porsches, BMWs, Lamborghinis, and Jaguars, too?
Must be hard for you, being such a traditionalist, to see all these brands building cars that people actually want to buy.

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Honey, the difference is that they didn't name a CUV/SUV/nobody-gives-a-shit-UV a 911/M5/Diablo/E-type/etc, all those manufacturers came up with new nameplates to go along with a different vehicle.
All that says to me that you're an overeducated philistine :crackup:

Adjunct professor? What's the matter, couldn't pass the bar?

Also, you got a facial hair fetish or something? Not sure how we got on the topic of shaving. Unless it's something you get your rocks off to. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just please, keep it to yourself.
This is pretty hostile stuff.
Apologies if I brought it on.
Meanwhile, I'm out of here, this is not fun.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Blithe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT '19 a10
Better men have visited my Royal Headsman for less. Be wary the wrath of a King.
You just dished back what was coming out. I am fairly certain the words

"You know Mustang is just a name, right?
It’s been applied to a lot of shite cars and a few cool ones.
The S550 version is pretty cool, in all its iterations.
The first generation was, too (though it got kind of bloated at the end in the “Live and Let Die” era).
The Mach E is better than anything that came in between, with the only possible exceptions being some Shelbys that had adult suspensions or monster engines.
The rest? Pretty much crap."

be fightin' words. But you have the insulting post... I have two types of advise here, 1- know when you are being negative and own it, and 2- if you can't take the heat don't get on the bridge

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Better men have visited my Royal Headsman for less. Be wary the wrath of a King.
lol, Royal Headsman…is that the crew of guys that enlarge all doorways in your path, so you can get your big head thru them?

…askin for a friend 😂

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Give him a break. Before AA you never passed a bar in your life.
Man walks into a bar and says, "WHO PUT THAT THERE!?!?!"

Man walks into a bar and says "OUCH"!

What do you call a 1000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? A good start.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Man walks into a bar and says, "WHO PUT THAT THERE!?!?!"

Man walks into a bar and says "OUCH"!

What do you call a 1000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? A good start.
Young lawyer is next in line for St. Peter. Guy in front tells Peter there must be some mistake because 39 is much to young to die. Peter says, wow, this almost never happens. Thought you were 89; back to earth for you. Lawyer says, what a coincidence I'm also only 39. Peter thumbs thru some paperwork and says: nice try, but based on your billable hours you're at least 95.
Sponsored