Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Thank you
no problem...i see you are in baltimore...i work literally right next to BWI and live in Hanover. If all goes well and I can get my LCA bearings pressed in, I plan to do my suspension overhaul (everything listed in my signature) next weekend. You can "try before you buy" if you would like to get a feel. Just throwing that offer out there.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
no problem...i see you are in baltimore...i work literally right next to BWI and live in Hanover. If all goes well and I can get my LCA bearings pressed in, I plan to do my suspension overhaul (everything listed in my signature) next weekend. You can "try before you buy" if you would like to get a feel. Just throwing that offer out there.
You will enjoy my friend - once you get all that installed. :rockon:

OP
OP
markbehr

markbehr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Actually i live in Crofton and work at Fort Meade and i will certainly consider your offer. Sounds good.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I second this

Ha Im sure I will...If it wasn't for me looking up everything in your signature months ago i would still be behind
Hahaha. Another one to join the club. Well, I will eagerly await your impressions on it. It's funny when friends go to install parts on their cars, I think I get more excited than they do lol. Hearing the feedback is part of the fun for me.

OP
OP
markbehr

markbehr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
What springs do you recommend using with the stock PP1 dampers?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ill be keeping the stock 19 PP1 dampers
Why? They need to go, especially the rears.

The BMR minimum drop springs are nearly identical in rate to the PP1 springs. Don't bother.

I threw an extra 160lbs into the trunk of my '19 PP1 (2 sets of 15" rotors, a set of rears) and the handling improved believe it or not. It wasn't all peaches though - side-to-side chassis rock at the rear definitely increased as would be expected. Instead of the rear launching/kicking upward on decent bumps I now got a decently hard thump and much reduced hop. But it also became readily apparent that the comp damping on the rear shocks is ridiculously too high - bumps were not being properly absorbed. We already know the rebound valving on these is woefully inadequate. If the comp valving isn't also way off, my money is on the Nitrogen PSI being much too high.

Drop a pair of 45lb weights (dumbell or plate) into the wheel well and try it out yourself.
Sponsored