OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
People will buy this and then make threads about how they run 87 because 91+ is too much money.
Exactly! People want sport car with 600hp, that runs in 87, with a low insurance and under $30,000.

It’s just not realistic.
I only use 93 octane in my 15 and will only use 93. Of course I'm not like most other people I understand maximum HP comes at a price and I am willing to pay it.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Ok so who’s running out and buying the 36k 4 banger? Maybe get this train wreck back on track.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
It's about 2k more than my eco, MSRP vs MSRP. I am guessing it's worth it. Seems high given the hp but it will get buyers. I will be honest at that price I would at least test drive a GT before buying the eco with the hpp and hp. Would have liked to see it under cut the GT by another grand. Will be interesting to see how well it sells.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Source?

I've never seen any Ford marketing with the term "Genuine Leather" in it.
My eyes are my source. I have owned Fords and Mustangs for years. I have worn down seats to the point that the leather cracked. I also swapped seat covers out and saw how they were constructed on my last Mustang.
Check the sales brochure. It states in multiple places that the seats are leather trimmed. That means they are not all leather. It is common for car manufactures to trim the seats with leather on surfaces that touch the body fwiw.
https://www.ford.com/services/asset...528191929:s&make=Ford&model=Mustang&year=2019

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
My eyes are my source. I have owned Fords and Mustangs for years. I have worn down seats to the point that the leather cracked. I also swapped seat covers out and saw how they were constructed on my last Mustang.
Check the sales brochure. It states in multiple places that the seats are leather trimmed. That means they are not all leather. It is common for car manufactures to trim the seats with leather on surfaces that touch the body fwiw.
https://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?searchid=308212740|1300722310303669|81295175742661|&s_kwcid=AL!2519!10!81295156532768!81295175742661&ef_id=XA6xbwAABQ2zPErX:20190528191929:s&make=Ford&model=Mustang&year=2019
And I've seen my "leather" seats on my 2012 Premium GT come apart, and it was vinyl with a mesh/spongy backing. The seat bottom side bolster to be specific.

And the words "leather" mean nothing. "Genuine leather" legally means real leather, and that's one hell of a marketing coup. If Ford could legally call their leather "Genuine Leather", they would. But they don't.

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And I've seen my "leather" seats on my 2012 Premium GT come apart, and it was vinyl with a mesh/spongy backing. The seat bottom side bolster to be specific.

And the words "leather" mean nothing. "Genuine leather" legally means real leather, and that's one hell of a marketing coup. If Ford could legally call their leather "Genuine Leather", they would. But they don't.
Right - the side bolster. Not leather. The seating surfaces are. Your logic doesn't make sense. When you buy a gallon of milk, does it say genuine milk? When BMW gives you fake leather they call it leatherette. A manufacturer is not going to use the word leather and not have any on the seat. Believe what you want. I can tell this is a lost cause.

Last edited:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
FWIW, the brochure uses the term "leather-trimmed seats". What is "trim" and what isn't would appear to be the issue.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Source?

I've never seen any Ford marketing with the term "Genuine Leather" in it.
You are talking strait out of the 90's.
Leather is leather.... you do not have to advertise it as genuine leather...! Though, you can NOT name leather, if it is fake...! So don't assume, or treat your leather, like it is pleather.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are talking strait out of the 90's.
Leather is leather.... you do not have to advertise it as genuine leather...! Though, you can NOT name leather, if it is fake...! So don't assume, or treat your leather, like it is pleather.
The funny thing - I just schooled myself on the net on the different qualities of leather. Genuine leather is the worst grade. It is the bottom of the hide.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Mustangs have pleather. There is not a bit of cow-hide in them. It's all synthetic. The words "Genuine Leather" are a legal term, and that legal definition means actual cow skins, but it's of the lowest quality and is layered and processed. You'll note that Ford does not even claim it's leather is "Genuine" leather.

Real leather ages much better, and can be taken care of. The Mustang's pleather is basically a plastic over a spongy/mesh fabric, and there isn't much you can do to it to maintain it.

Want proof? Go through your interior and look for one bit of skin-rash, one place where the cow got cut on a fence, one elbow area where the skin is wrinkled, one place where a tick-bite scabbed over and created a scar. One panel on the seat that looks remarkably different from the panel next to it.

Ever own a real leather jacket? You can find all of that stuff on them. Plus, they're stiff as hell when new, and need to be "broken in" and softened. Much like a real leather baseball glove does.

Does any of the above sound like a Mustang "leather" interior? It's all synthetic "leather" in Mustangs.

Cars that use real, actual leather are few and far between. There's an interesting video on the production of Aston Martins, where the interior leather is laid out on a huge metal table, and the person that is getting ready to cut the leather uses a piece of chalk to circle the visible scars and wrinkles, so he can avoid them when he cuts the hide to the pattern. It appears that the amount of real leather usable for a car interior out of a hide isn't very high. Lots of scars and wrinkles to avoid.

I can guarantee you Ford doesn't have anyone doing that.
Again, you are stuck in the 90's.

You ever own real leather boots..? Where the leather is stretched and molded, & not hand stitched?. Nobody said Ford Motor company uses hand stitched, full grain leather like Aston Martins, or Bentleys...

It is mostly split-grain leathers... from cows.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Exactly! People want sport car with 600hp, that runs in 87, with a low insurance and under $30,000.

It’s just not realistic.
Not yet, but maybe one day.

Btw guys enough with the leather posts, that has nothing to do with this topic. Let's agree that someone is wrong and someone else is right. Who cares who is who.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Maybe, but I’m skeptical...with the inflation, cars prices will keep going up. ‍♂
Very true. But the base mustang which can still be had right at 20k has over 300 hp, 10 years ago it was just over 200 hp. Who know in another 10 years 400 hp will be the new baseline

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Keep on topic guys, this is not a leather seat thread.

Ford has this backwards. They are calling the PP pkg. the Handling Pkg. when all previous EBM's PP is basically what comes in the new Handling Pkg. Then they can call the upgraded engine pkg. the "Power Package" pkg.

By adopting this new way they're hoping to catch a lot of suckers. Unless this new HP pkg is under rated(like BMW often does) i.e. the 330 hp is actually 330 whp =@ 400 crank hp. Only a dummy would pay $5k for 20 hp.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Keep on topic guys, this is not a leather seat thread.

Ford has this backwards. They are calling the PP pkg. the Handling Pkg. when all previous EBM's PP is basically what comes in the new Handling Pkg. Then they can call the upgraded engine pkg. the "Power Package" pkg.

By adopting this new way they're hoping to catch a lot of suckers. Unless this new HP pkg is under rated(like BMW often does) i.e. the 330 hp is actually 330 whp =@ 400 crank hp. Only a dummy would pay $5k for 20 hp.
The current PP is a 2.5 k option so technically the difference is 2.5k for the extra 20HP. The 2015-2017 PP was only 2k so it would be an extra 3k for me.

I think you have it backwards and not Ford. Both the current and 2020 PP come with the same list of options. The handling package ads options that are not available on the current PP including wider wheels and tires.

"also a new optional Handling Package that increases the price by another $1,995; however, that option has a prerequisite—the $2,000 Equipment Group 101A package. The handling pack, an exclusive for EcoBoost Mustangs with the High Performance pack, adds 19-inch aluminum wheels wrapped in Pirelli P Zero summer tires, the MagneRide damping system, and a rear sway bar"
Sponsored