OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so who’s running out and buying the 36k 4 banger? Maybe get this train wreck back on track.
My Ecoboost premium convertible with the 50year package and nav was $39355 so yes I might
Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Unless the HP package Ecoboost is going to run a high 12 in the quarter(I am not holding my breath on this), I think this pkg. will be a hard sell.

Then again, it might be a limited edition so it might sell.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I really don't see any reason whatsoever to buy this car. The $1000 price difference between the GT and HPP HP could get you a pretty decent set of tires on the GT, and boom, the eco has no chance in any metric. If Ford wanted to be serious with this package, they should have either priced it about $5k cheaper or they should have added brembos, wider and stickier tires, and more than a 20hp bump

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
My Ecoboost premium convertible with the 50year package and nav was $39355 so yes I might
Are you getting it with leather seats?:giggle::cwl:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Every Mustang should come with Sync3 with how much these cars are...
Yeah, I wonder how much Ford saves when you factor in stocking two sets of components (including head unit, wiring, console/brackets., etc), reduced EOS, and hell, even a few lost sales due to some "competitors" having a better base model?

It's 2019, and Sync 3 isn't some exotic option, stick it in everything. :D

When you buy a gallon of milk, does it say genuine milk?
Ugh, yeah, I just checked and our milk has a little footnote that says "Made with 100% pure rat juice".

[...] the eco has no chance in any metric.
What about comparing the leather quality??

**BOOM**

:crackup:

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I really don't see any reason whatsoever to buy this car. The $1000 price difference between the GT and HPP HP could get you a pretty decent set of tires on the GT, and boom, the eco has no chance in any metric. If Ford wanted to be serious with this package, they should have either priced it about $5k cheaper or they should have added brembos, wider and stickier tires, and more than a 20hp bump
:crazy:

You don't see any reason, because you are stuck on flawed numbers and also don't understand what a new 2.3 engine block with iron sleeves will do to an Ecoboost.

Really odd, why you are so fascinated by price when most people would spends thousands to pull engine and add new block... & new turbos. And now it is being delivered in turn-key solution..?

This package is worth every penny.

Tell us Jake, what does a Mustang GT (w/Magneride & 301A) cost..? :computerrage:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If they fixed the wet fart sound it makes I'd say it would be worth it. Sadly, no.

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
:crazy:

You don't see any reason, because you are stuck on flawed numbers and also don't understand what a new 2.3 engine block with iron sleeves will do to an Ecoboost.

Really odd, why you are so fascinated by price when most people would spends thousands to pull engine and add new block... & new turbos. And now it is being delivered in turn-key solution..?

This package is worth every penny.

Tell us Jake, what does a Mustang GT (w/Magneride & 301A) cost..? :computerrage:

have specifics been provided on exactly what has been done to the "upgraded engine"? or are you just assuming?

if it is a built engine from the factory which you can push further with less risk of boom, then sure, it's not a bad upgrade. if it's the same engine with a slightly bigger turbo and a downpipe? not so much....

https://www.torquenews.com/106/how-mustang-ecoboost-makes-345hp-focus-rs

"To get the extra power out of the 2016 Ford Focus RS, the 2.3L EcoBoost engine from the Mustang has been fitted with a different turbocharger, an upgraded intake system, a larger exhaust system and a larger radiator, which helps keep this high performance mill cool over long periods of track time. This power is put to the ground via a 6-speed manual transmission and a new advanced all-wheel drive system that should be one of the best-performing systems of its type in the segment."

No mention of upgraded internals. And pretty much everyone on this board with a modified EB is already making the above changes to their cars (plus more)

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Like I posted, I had the pleather on my 2012 GT. Albeit without the heating and cooling. IMO, leather scorches you when you get in on a hot day, wears very poorly, lets you slide around in the corners, and the fabric is just more comfortable to me.

I'm sure the pleather seats are comfortable, but I wouldn't want them for the reasons stated above.
I couldn't agree more. Over here we don't even get to choose cloth so I was forced to upgrade to Recaros to get rid of the terrible leather of the so called premium seats.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Oh yea and the 50 Year Limited Edition wheels like on the blue car.
2020-ford-mustang-2-3l-high-performance-package-at-the-new-york-auto-show.jpg
Those were always my favorite factory wheels also.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I had a heart attack I read above and read AWD- thinking was talking about 2020 stang

Then read was 16 focus Rs. I’d buy an awd mustang today

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
TLDR: HiPo Ecoboost = good for the money
Pimped out Gt = more expensive and better solution with fewer compromises

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I must be a small percentage, I sat in base models, not a chance I’d ever buy one.
I agree. I test drove a base GT with the Performance Package and 6MT just because it was the only one near me with those two options.

Hated the base interior.

I would never have considered buying one and looked only for a Premium after that.
Sponsored