Sponsored

Mustang down

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
Sorry to hear about that mate. I know when I had my SS ute there were certain roundabouts that were havoc when wet (and sometimes dry) as a result of heavy traffic and no doubt a buildup of rubber and oil. Used to lose the back end over 25kmph :eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:
Yes, utes are VERY bad for this. I've not yet had the opportunity to put my new-ish XR6T through a damp roundabout, but all this is a good reminder for all of us to take care in the wet with RWD (or any car for that matter).
Sponsored

OP
OP

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible Shadow Black, 17/Feb
#newmustang I really feel for you and hope things work out.

I remember my first RWD was a BMW550 in the UK and not only did I loose the rear but actually found myself facing the wrong way after trying to power out of a roundabout.

MC, thnks for your post mate. You've called out quite a few important points..i.e. the first rain/light rain, ask any motorcycle rider and he'll tell u how it can play havoc.
The second is keeping in mind the difference between what you've driven and are driving now.....the WRX drives as if it's on rails and the Mustang when the conditions are dry will give you that feeling, but when it's wet the rails turn to jelly.
Hybrid raises a good point about replacing tires.... if one can afford them, go for it.
Lastly just be concious and respectful of the car, it's a bloody big engine with all the power to the rear. And whilst it may fly in the face of the muscle car image, switch on the wet mode when it's raining or drizzling....just till u get to understand the boundaries of the car.
Safe driving....time to go and pick up the kids from school !

SPRTAN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT 6MT
Gents...it was me.

Yes it was someone that was waiting 12 months for my new baby and enjoys this forum and only added a review about clear shield 2 days ago.

Was going normal speed through a round about inside lane with a truck next to me, back end kicked and then hooked back into a tree. Front left side damaged and the wheel took most of the impact. Damage is pretty bad yet think I am still in shock....

Not sure what happened to traction control or if oil on the road- I have no issues before this...as I was only in week 2 of driving and had been taking it very easy on the engine...had not even used the different modes yet!!!

Anyway- I am ok....which is what people tell me is what counts.

Will have more understanding next week if fixable....fair to say I am hurting.

Over and out....

Be safe out there.
My heart goes out to you mate

The old saying "at least you are safe that's what counts" is true but it doesn't take the pain away from looking at your pride and joy in its present state after waiting for so long to have those keys in your hands.

My previous car was involved in a bad accident that ended up with the other car flipped on its side and the guy being cut out with the jaws of life.
To say I was gutted is an understatement, the cops even looked at the car and came to me and said how sorry they were to see a car like that in this state.

All I can say to you is keep your chin up mate. No matter how much you replay it in your head nothing will change the outcome. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Let fate take its course and just ride it out.

Last edited:

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
We are all releived that the owner was not hurt, and really feel bad for his next stage.

I am hearing more and more about the so called "bum stepping out" habits of this car.
Is it that the tyres are rubbish?
Sponsored